Bill OReilly is right..America is dead

steveox

Thats what he said last night. Obama ran his campaign on food stamps and welfare. They are gonna be more people getting on welfare than trying to get a job. People dont want jobs. They want everything free given to them. America was built on you work hard to succeed. Thats why the south is full of real traditonal ideas is why America should split into 3 countries.

Werbung:
Then help America to split. We like an Texas nation for those red states.

Oh yes please!
Take Texas and all the other Red States and go play "survivors" without the Federal subsidies!

That would mean that all the Blue States would no longer have to pay for the backward red states and, without that economic (and social!) burden, the Blue State would have no more deficit problem!

I hope your idea takes root!

Why dont you leave South Carrolina and live in Vermont?

I will leave South Carolina, although I love my home here, and I love the surrounding (golf course community) and the tennis, and the equestrian center and the forest that surrounds the whole community.

I also really enjoy Vermont when I vacationed there, it is beautiful! But it was in mid Summer. . .and I'm not sure I could take being buried for months in the Winter!

But thanks for your suggestion! :)

Then help America to split. We like an Texas nation for those red states.
If a number of red states left (without a civil war) they would be more prosperous than the blue states. Why? because the blue states would still be burdened by taxes and welfare but would not get the income from the red states. Meawhile the red states would still continue to produce weapons that would be sold to the blue states for profit. Why do I even bring up weapons? because when people measure tax dollars that go to states welfare and weapons spending are both included. blue states are leeches and red states are producers. I would go live there.

Actually, without the blue states we probably wouldn't even need weapons, except to keep the varmits out.

If a number of red states left (without a civil war) they would be more prosperous than the blue states. Why? because the blue states would still be burdened by taxes and welfare but would not get the income from the red states. Meawhile the red states would still continue to produce weapons that would be sold to the blue states for profit. Why do I even bring up weapons? because when people measure tax dollars that go to states welfare and weapons spending are both included. blue states are leeches and red states are producers. I would go live there.

You're kidding, right?
Most of the red states are basically bankrupt, and they get more subsidies from the Federal government than what they pay to the Federal governments. And. . .how would those red states (most of them have a level of infrastructure that is the equivalent of the Blue States 25 years ago) keep up with infrastructure renovation and innovation? How would they attract "sun up" industry without the infrastructure and without the level of education and skills that successful corporations of the future need? By the way, Red States get a LOT MORE welfare than most blue states. . .so, you think that people in the red states would be please to be left starving?
And. . .by definition, the blue states are not as "weapon" hungry as the red states, so even the weapons factories would see a decline in their production, because the people in the red states would have no money to buy weapons, and the blue states would give a damn about weapons!

You are totally out of your mind if you really think that: "Blue states are leeches and red states are producers!"
But, if you insist in spreading such ridiculous lies, why don't you at the least post factual sources for such misleading information!

tax.jpg

I live in a Red State. . .apparently you don't. Get real!

But, if you're not convinced, here is an interesting article that explains the real differences about blue and red states:

The borders of the United States contain two different forms of government, based on two different visions of the social contract. In blue America, state government costs more—and it spends more to ensure that everybody can pay for basic necessities such as food, housing, and health care. It invests more heavily in the long-term welfare of its population, with better-funded public schools, subsidized day care, and support for people with disabilities. In some cases, in fact, state lawmakers have decided that the social contract provided by the federal government is not generous enough. It was a blue state that first established universal health insurance and, today, it is a handful of blue states that offer paid family and medical leave.
In the red states, government is cheaper, which means the people who live there pay lower taxes. But they also get a lot less in return. The unemployment checks run out more quickly and the schools generally aren’t as good. Assistance with health care, child care, and housing is skimpier, if it exists at all. The result of this divergence is that one half of the country looks more and more like Scandinavia, while the other increasingly resembles a social Darwinist’s paradise.
Americans have been arguing over which system is morally and economically superior since the beginning of the republic. But every now and then, the worldviews have clashed and forced a reckoning. The 2012 election is one of those moments.
http://www.tnr.com/article/politics...ates-are-scandinavia-red-states-are-guatemala

How do these figures account for the cost of living?

They don't, as the argument was that the South (or Red States) are the PROVIDERS who support the NORTH (or the Blue State).

The pertinent information is how much each states receives in Federal dollars, versus what they PAY to the Federal government.

This shows that the majority of the Red States receives more from the Federal government that what they contribute. (i.e., for ever Dollars in Federal taxes that South Carolina pays, South Carolina receives $1.35 . . .therefore they cost the Federal government 35 cents per dollars
In the other hand, New Jersey receives ONLY 61 cents for ever dollars they pay. . .which means that NJ contributes 39 cents out of every dollars they pay in taxes to subsidizes the states like South Carolina.)

It is obvious that generally the Blue States have a higher cost of living than the Red States, BECAUSE they offer a lot more in terms of infrastructure, work, standard of living, etc. . .

Capish? :)

They don't, as the argument was that the South (or Red States) are the PROVIDERS who support the NORTH (or the Blue State).

The pertinent information is how much each states receives in Federal dollars, versus what they PAY to the Federal government.

On the surface argument alone, that is all fine and good -- but to go further with it, the amount of money paid to the Federal government in taxes just depends on your income really. If you make $250,000 in New York City, you are doing average, whereas if you make $250,000 in Hope, Arkansas, then you are making a killing.

But, you don't need to make $250,000 in Hope to have the same, or better, standard of living as in New York City. And Hope has nowhere the infrastructure needs that a NYC would have either.

This shows that the majority of the Red States receives more from the Federal government that what they contribute. (i.e., for ever Dollars in Federal taxes that South Carolina pays, South Carolina receives $1.35 . . .therefore they cost the Federal government 35 cents per dollars
In the other hand, New Jersey receives ONLY 61 cents for ever dollars they pay. . .which means that NJ contributes 39 cents out of every dollars they pay in taxes to subsidizes the states like South Carolina.)

I get all this, I just don't see that it tells us much other than just that. It doesn't go further into the cost of living, standard of living, infrastructure needs etc.

It is obvious that generally the Blue States have a higher cost of living than the Red States, BECAUSE they offer a lot more in terms of infrastructure, work, standard of living, etc. . .

Capish? :)

Maybe I am making this point very poorly -- but it seems like different places have different needs -- and I'd like to see a study quantify that somehow -- not quite sure how to do that however.

On the surface argument alone, that is all fine and good -- but to go further with it, the amount of money paid to the Federal government in taxes just depends on your income really. If you make $250,000 in New York City, you are doing average, whereas if you make $250,000 in Hope, Arkansas, then you are making a killing.

But, you don't need to make $250,000 in Hope to have the same, or better, standard of living as in New York City. And Hope has nowhere the infrastructure needs that a NYC would have either.

Absolutely! As a person who has lived in VERY different cost of living areas, both in the US and abroad, I can assure you that I understand what you are saying!

I get all this, I just don't see that it tells us much other than just that. It doesn't go further into the cost of living, standard of living, infrastructure needs etc.

If you go back to the post that trigger this conversation (Dr Who's I believe, where he said that the RED STATES were the ones carrying the Blue States), you may be able to understand that this conversation has nothing to do with cost of living or anything else. . .just the fact that the BLUE STATES GIVE more to the "common purse" and that the RED STATES TAKE more than they give to the "common purse."

It's a little like what is happening in Europe between, let's say Germany (yes, the cost of living is higher there, and infrastructure better, but they give in MORE to the EU community than they take out, while GREECE does the opposite. . .they need constant "bail outs" to keep them from falling into the aegian sea!)

Maybe I am making this point very poorly -- but it seems like different places have different needs -- and I'd like to see a study quantify that somehow -- not quite sure how to do that however.

Again I totally agree! But precisely, this argument makes my point even more striking! Why do you think that States, who do not have good infrastructure, where education is poorer, and where the cost of living is so much lower, NEED to get more "subsidies" from the Feds than states who take care of their infrastructure, have more decent education, and where the cost of living (especially the cost of housing) is so much greater?

Wouldn't you think that, if everything was equal, the higher cost of living would need MORE HELP from the Government (i.e., in terms of subsidized housing, infrastructure maintenance, etc. . .) than a State who has really cheap housing, and very few infrastructure maintenance needs? Don't you think that a city like NY for example, with its two MAJOR INTERNATIONAL airports, would need more transportation subsidies than South Carolina where you have one regional airport and a couple of small airport AND no need for PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION?

So my all point is that, if the Red States wanted to secede, it would be to the ADVANTAGE of the Blue States, who would no longer have to give South Carolina 39 c. for every dollars, and without that 39c for every dollars. . .how would South Carolina improve or even MAINTAIN their falling infrastructure, their third grade education system, their non-existent international airport? And without those things, HOW WOULD South Carolina attract new businesses to help them get a proper tax base and climb out of the ditch they are in?

By the way, I retired in South Carolina. I live in a beautiful area, with golf course, equestrian center, tennis, pool, walking trails, surrounded by forest. . .very pleasant indeed. . .for RETIRED people. But, how do you keep a State alive and thriving with a DYING population of fixed income people? What does that do to attract a vibrant industry to keep the youths from living this state? How do you even continue to subsidize the MANY Churches who are benefiting from this invasion of elderly couples who want nothing more than to golf, to take naps, and to assure their "life after death" by attending and giving generously to the Churches?

And. . . just to take the example of South Carolina, but also of many Red States, generally, one of their biggest "industry" are MILITARY or GOVERNMENTAL facilities (like Fort Gordon at the border of Georgia and South Carolina, and the Savannah River site. . .where basically the nuclear waste has been stored for 25 years! Oh. . .one more BIG employer, right across the Savannah River into Georgia: huge medical facilities. . .which basically are running MOSTLY on the money they get from caring for all the elderly population that retires in South Carolina. . .which means MEDICARE MONEY. What would South Carolina be without those FEDERALLY FUNDED employers?
A waste land. . .perfect for retired people to go fishing, go walking around a golf course, go take naps. . .and not much more. . . except waiting to die!

Werbung:
what is clear is that the blue states require the red states while the red states do not require the blue.
some of you may realize this is not the first time this country has been this way.

Back