Bill OReilly is right..America is dead

what is clear is that the blue states require the red states while the red states do not require the blue.
some of you may realize this is not the first time this country has been this way.

Okay. . .tell us why the blue states need the red states?
I personally believe that the US should stay ONE Country. . .and that all that talk about splitting it is stupid and just sour grapes.

But I really would like to know what is so important in the red states that the Blue states couldn't live without. . .and yet would make the red states TOTALLY independent from anything the blue states have to offer.

And please, provide some factual information to back your words. Your opinion may be interesting, but it is far from being convincing.

Werbung:
Oh that's easy. The blue states need money to support their programs, and the disasterous effects of their programs. And who pray tell would they have left to vilify?

Oh that's easy. The blue states need money to support their programs, and the disasterous effects of their programs. And who pray tell would they have left to vilify?

food, raw materials, market... its about self sufficiency.
what does NY and points north produce that the country can't live without ? maple maple syrup ?

You're a funny girl!
Since many of the blue states give back MORE to the feds than what they receive from the fed (i.e, NJ receives ONLY 61 cents from the Fed for every dollars they give to the feds)
And since most of the red states give back LESS to the feds than what they receive from the feds (i.e., SC receives $1.35 from the feds for every one dollars they give to the feds)

How do you see that as South Carolina supporting the programs in New Jersey?

What I see is that New Jersey supports South Carolina programs (or rather survival) with the 39 cents they don't get for their dollars,
And South Carolina takes the 35 cents they receive in addition to the dollars of tax they give the feds out of the 39 cents from New Jersey.

Go look at the map and the list of "federal dollars received from the fed for every dollars contributed to the fed per sstate" and study it a little, and try to make sense of it.

That map and the table is posted in post #9 in this thread.

what does NY and points north produce that the country can't live without ? maple maple syrup ?

Oh, you mean that your idea of "living well and being a strong country" is to go back to the substinance life style of the pelgrims?

And even they brought glass beads and other trinkets to barter with the Indians!

Gosh you're thick!

That map and the table is posted in post #9 in this thread.

I saw your graph. But your missing the concept of blue vs red countries. We wouldn't have the Fed subsidizing the states. The Federal government, according to the constitution, has a very limited role.

I saw your graph. But your missing the concept of blue vs red countries. We wouldn't have the Fed subsidizing the states. The Federal government, according to the constitution, has a very limited role.

and why does the govt put it's large military installations and the like somewhere other than the northeast and great lakes areas ? its cold and there is no land nor are there educated people willing to work to staff the places. more reason the blue states are unnecessary.

And you are missing the point that, without the fed's subsidies, many red states would be bankrupt, and would fall innto total chaos.

But, if you would enjoy living in a country that falls ba k 200 years. . . I have no problem with that! I personally rather look to the future then the past. To each his own!

and why does the govt put it's large military installations and the like somewhere other than the northeast and great lakes areas ? its cold and there is no land nor are there educated people willing to work to staff the places. more reason the blue states are unnecessary.

No dear! In fact the north eastern states are more educated than the South, and the reason thegovernment (military) put large military institution in the south is to HELP the South survive.
The government put a dangerous nuclear waste facility like Savannah river plan in South Ca is two fold. 1' it brought jobs in the empoverish area of a red state, 2', the land was cheap and there was not much houses to buy back. . . Athough they had to relocate a whole town to do it. I believe I also heard that its position near a river was advantageous to cool odd thr reactors. . . And, if a nuclear accident happened, it wouldn't affect so many lives since this area is so poor and desenfranchised.

New York prudences money...People actuly want to come there from all over the world...oddly few in Japan are sitting around going...man we need to Vist Alabama. Plus you know Banking...Finance...Advertising, Media...

Don't worry Minnesota, WI, Iowa and some of us blue states can take care of the food..also Medical ( MN)

I am sure we could do fine without the Bible Belt..though I would miss Florida's Oranges...Though there are so many from the north there it could be like our Alaska or Hawaii...but nah keep the old people ....watch them die with no health care.

you have a big fancy army...we will have a tech driven Military and be smart enough to not go off fighting stupid ass wars like Iraq..and the Iran wet Dream of the neocons.

Werbung:
you have a big fancy army...we will have a tech driven Military and be smart enough to not go off fighting stupid ass wars like Iraq..and the Iran wet Dream of the neocons.

A "tech driven military" -- what do you mean by this -- and how does this differ from our current pursuits?

Back