Can Anyone Name A Social Problem Not Rooted in Liberalism?

What a crock ! To blame liberalism for all of the evils in society is just plain idiotic . The term liberal
comes from the Latin word libertas, meaning freedom .

Of course it does, in the classical liberal sense. But that has nothing to do with modern liberalism at all. Modern liberalism is totalitarian in nature and there is no denying that fact with actions on the part of modern liberalism ranging from quotas, to literal thought police.

Wanting to keep the government out of people's bedrroms

Claiming to want to keep government out of ones bedroom while supporting government intrusion into every other aspect of ones life is a bit disingenuous. And the issue isn't really keeping government out of peoples bedrooms for you guys, it isn't even equal rights for gays, it is the want of special rights based on sexual preference. The rest of your post names the sources of the societal ills that we presently suffer under.

Werbung:
Of course it does, in the classical liberal sense. But that has nothing to do with modern liberalism at all. Modern liberalism is totalitarian in nature and there is no denying that fact with actions on the part of modern liberalism ranging from quotas, to literal thought police.

Claiming to want to keep government out of ones bedroom while supporting government intrusion into every other aspect of ones life is a bit disingenuous. And the issue isn't really keeping government out of peoples bedrooms for you guys, it isn't even equal rights for gays, it is the want of special rights based on sexual preference. The rest of your post names the sources of the societal ills that we presently suffer under.

Ernst Rohm thought they would not invade his bedroom either. But then, one day--he was no longer "needed".
Obama is "all for gays"--now that he needs them and the path to totalitarianism is rougher than his grammy and grandpap told him.
He would cut their throats collectively in a single day if he could.

He all for anyone he needs to pursue his maniacal (I use that word very carefully here) delusions of power.
He will promise anything, sell anyone or anything, sell this nation for a handful of beans--
anything--to get to be the black guy (half) who destroyed America.
He HATES America.

That--is who I think he is--and many will disagree.

The BIG SECRET in his past that needs to be asked is--DRUG USE.

Robert Berger needs to be instructed in the proper use of the word "Liberal"! He's obviously hung-up on an outdated definition of that term. Forgive me for using a post that I wrote several years ago, but it explains Robert's misunderstanding of "Liberal".... and, I don't need to write a new explantion. ;)

“Time”, “Culture”, and Political Terms (JPRD)
I wrote and posted this article on the internet a few years back. The debate mentioned in the article started with discussing support for our military, and disolved into philosophical argument. I think that the basic concept discussed in it provides a good basis for thought when using terms like "liberal", "conservative", etc. in today's world
I recently debated a self-proclaimed “liberal” on an Internet website. During this debate, the “liberal” argued that “liberals” have always been “righteous” throughout world history. Among the examples he noted were: 1. Liberals were the first to support fair treatment for workers. 2. Liberals were the first to oppose slavery. 3. Liberals were the first to support equal education for all citizens. 4. Liberals were the first to be against warfare. Well, you get the point.​
In response, I pointed out that “Liberal” and “conservative” are “Time-Sensitive” political terms as well as “Culturally-Sensitive” political terms. If you lived in Spain during the Inquisition, you might be considered a “liberal” if you supported hanging a heretic instead of burning him or her at the stake. Admirable, very admirable!​
In early 19th century America, it was indeed a “liberal” concept to be opposed to slavery. In early 20th century America, it was indeed a “liberal” concept to be opposed to racism and bigotry. I considered myself a “liberal” when the term implied “equal treatment” for ALL citizens. However, if we’re speaking of “21st century America”, these are now “conservative” political ideologies, not “liberal” ones. “Liberals” in America today support “rights” for some that they’re only too happy to deny to others!​
To be “liberal” in 21st century America means that you’re committed to expanding our present cultural mores. Considering a modern, American “liberal’s” concept of “morality” that’s a very scary thought! Will “liberals” in this country soon be arguing for their “right” to “DO” their pet donkeys in public? Will they in their “liberal” wisdom decide that it’s their “right” to kill older family members when they become inconvenient to them? Given today’s cultural mores, these must NOW be considered “progressive” or “liberal” concepts. There MUST be a point at which “liberalizing” our “morality” or “liberalizing” our culture is no longer a praiseworthy goal!​
The meaning of “liberal” and “conservative" has remained fairly constant over time in some cultures. For instance, in radical, 21st century Islamic culture you are STILL considered a “liberal” if you cut off a Jew’s head with your blessed right hand instead of your un-blessed left hand! Apparently, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is a “liberal”, radical Muslim?​
Like my “liberal” debating opponent, I’m against war. Unlike my “liberal” opponent, I’m a strong supporter of our nation’s military......., especially when it’s defending me from the “liberalism” of folks like the Sheik!​

Robert Berger needs to be instructed in the proper use of the word "Liberal"! He's obviously hung-up on an outdated definition of that term. Forgive me for using a post that I wrote several years ago, but it explains Robert's misunderstanding of "Liberal".... and, I don't need to write a new explantion. ;)

“Time”, “Culture”, and Political Terms (JPRD)
I wrote and posted this article on the internet a few years back. The debate mentioned in the article started with discussing support for our military, and disolved into philosophical argument. I think that the basic concept discussed in it provides a good basis for thought when using terms like "liberal", "conservative", etc. in today's world
I recently debated a self-proclaimed “liberal” on an Internet website. During this debate, the “liberal” argued that “liberals” have always been “righteous” throughout world history. Among the examples he noted were: 1. Liberals were the first to support fair treatment for workers. 2. Liberals were the first to oppose slavery. 3. Liberals were the first to support equal education for all citizens. 4. Liberals were the first to be against warfare. Well, you get the point.​
In response, I pointed out that “Liberal” and “conservative” are “Time-Sensitive” political terms as well as “Culturally-Sensitive” political terms. If you lived in Spain during the Inquisition, you might be considered a “liberal” if you supported hanging a heretic instead of burning him or her at the stake. Admirable, very admirable!​
In early 19th century America, it was indeed a “liberal” concept to be opposed to slavery. In early 20th century America, it was indeed a “liberal” concept to be opposed to racism and bigotry. I considered myself a “liberal” when the term implied “equal treatment” for ALL citizens. However, if we’re speaking of “21st century America”, these are now “conservative” political ideologies, not “liberal” ones. “Liberals” in America today support “rights” for some that they’re only too happy to deny to others!​
To be “liberal” in 21st century America means that you’re committed to expanding our present cultural mores. Considering a modern, American “liberal’s” concept of “morality” that’s a very scary thought! Will “liberals” in this country soon be arguing for their “right” to “DO” their pet donkeys in public? Will they in their “liberal” wisdom decide that it’s their “right” to kill older family members when they become inconvenient to them? Given today’s cultural mores, these must NOW be considered “progressive” or “liberal” concepts. There MUST be a point at which “liberalizing” our “morality” or “liberalizing” our culture is no longer a praiseworthy goal!​
The meaning of “liberal” and “conservative" has remained fairly constant over time in some cultures. For instance, in radical, 21st century Islamic culture you are STILL considered a “liberal” if you cut off a Jew’s head with your blessed right hand instead of your un-blessed left hand! Apparently, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is a “liberal”, radical Muslim?​
Like my “liberal” debating opponent, I’m against war. Unlike my “liberal” opponent, I’m a strong supporter of our nation’s military......., especially when it’s defending me from the “liberalism” of folks like the Sheik!​

I, too, am a reformed "Liberal"--ergo--cognizant human being.

But then--I like to think by the gift of good learning and paying attention--I realized which end was up.
I was able to see the hypocrisy of them all.

The bleeding hearts for conservation and saving the planet. Go Green!
I know a couple like this--they have grown children and drive Two Suburbans.

Liberal = NAZI.
You find the parallels everywhere you look.

It's usually not wise to compare a group of American citizens to Nazis. It seems so extreme. However, the more power that liberal progressivism gains in our nation, the more such a comparison begins making sense. The power-base leadership in the Democrat party readily embraces the tactics of Julius Streicher, that's for sure.... especially the Congressional Black Caucus! Until the liberals actually start burning us in ovens, however, perhaps we should use the term "Nazi Junior-Varsity"???? ;)

Werbung:
It's usually not wise to compare a group of American citizens to Nazis. It seems so extreme. However, the more power that liberal progressivism gains in our nation, the more such a comparison begins making sense. The power-base leadership in the Democrat party readily embraces the tactics of Julius Streicher, that's for sure.... especially the Congressional Black Caucus! Until the liberals actually start burning us in ovens, however, perhaps we should use the term "Nazi Junior-Varsity"???? ;)

Listen to how much Roland Freisler sounds like Deborah Wasserman Schultz (ironically!!) once she gets wound-up attacking anyone not a communo-socio-demokrat. The parallels of the past--scream out to us.

Back