Christians need to brush up on facts, atheist know more about Religion?

Well can you boss the Genie around if you rub his lamp?
25gqzaa.jpg

Your wishes are his commands. Same goes as prayers.

Somehow, I just don't view god as a genie in a lamp.

Werbung:
Here the real truth about Prayers

Like I said, we can't boss god around. He isn't going to give us what we want just because we've asked for it.

Now, say for example that you're addicted to cocaine, and desperately want to kick the habit. You pray with a sincere heart and ask god to help you get off of it. Would a reasonable and rational person expect that the person praying might have a better chance of becoming clean and sober?

There is no GOD. It says whatever you pray to the lord in his name you shall recieve it from the holy father. I like a lifestyle like the rich n famous along with a family of my own. I want my sports teams to become champions. Not everyone is lucky enough to live in Los Angeles you know.

Cradle.. but I don't really practice all that much anymore. My wife and I go to church every now and again, but certainly not every week.

If you know of a place in scripture that talks of Mary being born without the stain of original sin can you post it for me. From what I learned its a teaching of the church from A Pope but not from scripture.

If you know of a place in scripture that talks of Mary being born without the stain of original sin can you post it for me. From what I learned its a teaching of the church from A Pope but not from scripture.

I don't think there is such a verse. It was a pope indeed that made it a church dogma, and they used some bible verses to back it up (since dogma is supposed to be supported by scripture), but it all seems kind of a stretch to me from their verses.

I don't think there is such a verse. It was a pope indeed that made it a church dogma, and they used some bible verses to back it up (since dogma is supposed to be supported by scripture), but it all seems kind of a stretch to me from their verses.

I agree with you.

I used to listen to "Catholic answers live" a call in radio show where you talked to priests and apologists for the RCC That topic came up a few times and though the priest did not have any real good vs to substantiate his claim.

But I liked the way he described why it was needed.

sorta like the whole no meat ( but fish) on Friday...that Jesus never said, or anyone ...as I recall it was mostly to help fishermen....or maybe God hates Fish on Friday? never made sense to me at all...

Werbung:
sorta like the whole no meat ( but fish) on Friday...that Jesus never said, or anyone ...as I recall it was mostly to help fishermen....or maybe God hates Fish on Friday? never made sense to me at all...

Well there are lots of things about the Catholicism that are not in the Bible.

But hey, you being lib, I'm sure are most understanding...NOT!!!!

Back