Citizenship?

If I read you correctly, Fonz and Julsa, you are advocating open borders with no immigration restrictions?

Just trying to read through all the bloviating.

Werbung:
If you reread what I wrote, I described that it was not only one city anymore. NYC was considered the original melting pot, but the whole country has really become one.

Why should we support other countries at all? If we're supporting one right now, why can't we support others? Why didn't Iraq take care of their own? Why didn't Iraq fight for their own rights?

It's all the same. The government is hypocritical. We want to "help" (*cough*destroy*cough*) one country but not another?

Why are we supporting other countries when we can't even support ourselves? How many millions here don't even have basic healthcare? or jobs? Illegals are taking more than just "tomato" picking jobs. A lot of citizens are unemployed due to illegals.

Yep, this has nothing to do with anything but Racism.

Do you have any idea of the strain that unrestricted immigration would have on this country?

I'll ignore the historic problems of overcrowding slums/tenements that accompany wild immigration. The real problems would be with healthcare/social security and education. The taxes on middle/upper class Americans would skyrocket, forcing them to outsource their assets even more than they are forced today.

The standard of living we enjoy today could never be experienced by our children. We are having tremendous problems today concerning social security, healthcare, and education. Imagine how this would be worsened if we experienced an even greater influx of unskilled laborers?

No, fonz, in fact this has very little to do with racism.

When you listen to many of the aguements - there is little differentiation between "legal" and "illegal". People complain about the language, they complain about the culture, they complain that their cities are being ruined but the truth is, most of them can't tell the difference between an illegal or a legal Mexican immigrant, and there are plenty of legal ones. That's where the bigotry comes in.

In fairness though - the pro-immigration side often fails to make distinctions between legal and illegal immigrants.

Regardless though of whether they are legal or illegal - they are still people and deserving of certain minimal rights.

Except for drug traffickers maybe.

I kinda figure that a link isn't entirely necessary. It's an anecdote and is just as likely to be BS as truth, not that it matters; people refer to our nation as "America" all the time and the contention that there is necessarily a difference between the terms "America" and the "USA" is at best a semantic point.

And not everyone would come running. There is such a thing as nationalistic hubris and believe me, not everyone in Mexico is so disenfranchised that a completely open American border would result in all of Mexico stampeding into this country at once.

A lot of them certainly would, but not all of them. That is the point I was trying to make, that is all.

We could get rid of the illegals quickly and it wouldn't cost us anything. Enforce the laws about hiring illegals. How many owners would be put in jail before they all dumped their illegal employees? Ten? Word would get around fast.
I read letters in last week's paper from farmers saying that foreign workers won't pick crops. They can get higher paying jobs that are easier.
Hiring illegals does hurt American workers. It has hurt someone in the town I live, when one of the best paying, steady jobs is being done by an illegal. His employer knows he is illegal. He also knows that many people here would like to have that job. But he chose to hire an illegal. Because of that, someone in this little town had to leave and work far away. If our local had stayed here he would have had to work at McDonalds.
Put the people who hire illegals in jail. There are two laws being unenforced in this country. Illegal entry and hiring illegals. Enforce both laws. What else do we support the fools in Washington D.C. for?

When you listen to many of the aguements - there is little differentiation between "legal" and "illegal". People complain about the language, they complain about the culture, they complain that their cities are being ruined but the truth is, most of them can't tell the difference between an illegal or a legal Mexican immigrant, and there are plenty of legal ones. That's where the bigotry comes in. Even if they are legal immigrants, they should learn English and make an attempt at assimilation. This isn't just about Mexicans, it is about all immigrants, legal or illegal.
In fairness though - the pro-immigration side often fails to make distinctions between legal and illegal immigrants. They don't make distinctions because they don't want people to know there is a difference.
Regardless though of whether they are legal or illegal - they are still people and deserving of certain minimal rights.

Except for drug traffickers maybe.

The only right illegals have is to return to their home country......wherever that may be.

Even if they are legal immigrants, they should learn English and make an attempt at assimilation. This isn't just about Mexicans, it is about all immigrants, legal or illegal.

On the language - I agree. Why do you think legal immigrants aren't trying to assimilate? Typicaly - first generation immigrants don't as much - that is nothing new however. Usually their children learn both language and custom.

They don't make distinctions because they don't want people to know there is a difference.

Then what is the excuse of the anti-illegal immigration side for not making distinctions? I think I know....they don't see any difference.

Uhuh

I heard this from someone and I want to hear what you guys think:

"Pregnant illegal immigrants scamper across the Mexican border to unleash their spawn in this country so their offspring will be American citizens and will support their parents so they can stay.

I propose changing the law so your PARENTS must have been born here in order for in order for you to be a citizen. Of course if your parents weren't born here but came here LEGALLY then you will also be a full citizen when you are born. This will take away allot of the assistance and incentive there is for illegals to come to this country. Their children will be illegal too, so they will not have full rights and opportunities guaranteed to U.S. citizens and therefore wont be able to support their parents and keep them in the country."

I agree. It's a good law. Basically what you're saying is if You're trespassing in America, who the hell said you could have a kid!? The only problem is our authorities have their thumbs up their ass.

A thought

Anyone else feel, moreover detest having to act politicaly correct whenever engaging something in a public place? I feel more and more like I have to act a certain way and not myself for fear of some minority onlooker drawing attention to me or other natives. I personally feel I've lost a great deal of freedom, the freedom to act like myself because I have to deal with and accomodate things I had nothing to do with or agreed upon. I hate going to gas stations and buying something at the counter from a muslim. That's another thing I wonder about. It seems the Arab countries protect their assets here now by hiring muslims at their gas stations. Within two weeks, all gas station attendants in my whole county were replaced by muslims a couple years ago. But anyhow, Political correctness is a major major major subtraction of your god given freedom to act normal and act like yourself and it sickens me so.

Werbung:
Anyone else feel, moreover detest having to act politicaly correct whenever engaging something in a public place? I feel more and more like I have to act a certain way and not myself for fear of some minority onlooker drawing attention to me or other natives. I personally feel I've lost a great deal of freedom, the freedom to act like myself because I have to deal with and accomodate things I had nothing to do with or agreed upon.
You can still act however the hell you want to in public. You can say, print, or worship whatever you want too. You can just expect that there will be societal consequences of your doing so now. Once upon a time it was okay to stand around in public talking about how much you hated blacks. Nowadays the blacks take offense to that and exercise their own right to say or print whatever they want - chiefly, that you're a racist pig.

Just an example.

Back