Congressman calls evolution lie from ‘pit of hell’

Werbung:
Please explain in more detail, I think I misunderstood your fish hook theory.

P was looking figure out what allowed for this someewhat sudden transition from hunter/gather to agricultural. well ag requires you to stay put and the only way you can is to have a source of food that is readily available. well land animals move about some with wide ranges. fish are pretty much limited in their habitat. spearing fish is hard so angling had to have come about to make for ready supplies of fish.

ergo the fish hook.

P was looking figure out what allowed for this someewhat sudden transition from hunter/gather to agricultural. well ag requires you to stay put and the only way you can is to have a source of food that is readily available. well land animals move about some with wide ranges. fish are pretty much limited in their habitat. spearing fish is hard so angling had to have come about to make for ready supplies of fish.

ergo the fish hook.

OK, thanks. I disagree with PLC1's assertion that the transition was sudden. There's no way we can know that because most of the land that man was likely to inhabit over the 95% of our history that he mentioned is now 500 feet underwater. We're not looking for information in the right places.

OK, thanks. I disagree with PLC1's assertion that the transition was sudden. There's no way we can know that because most of the land that man was likely to inhabit over the 95% of our history that he mentioned is now 500 feet underwater. We're not looking for information in the right places.

well to be fair I used the term sudden meaning sudden in human development terms. had to ahve taken a while for everyone to figure out the fish hook. probably thousands of years. no TV then so no Sunday morning fishing shows to speed things along.

and, of course, it really took off after the development of the john boat.

Consider this: 20,000 years ago the sea level was almost 500 feet lower than it is today. I looked online quickly and couldn't find an exact answer, but if people back then were anything like we are today then a large, large percentage lived within 500 feet of sea level, and if there were any large population centers most were likely at or very near sea level. Food for thought.

And the end to the glacial period was about 10,000 years ago. If there were severe solar storms the glaciers could have melted quickly causing great floods.

well to be fair I used the term sudden meaning sudden in human development terms. had to ahve taken a while for everyone to figure out the fish hook. probably thousands of years. no TV then so no Sunday morning fishing shows to speed things along.

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png

No doubt, for those primitive anglers.

Of course, "sudden" has to mean in terms of human development, as it didn't happen in one election cycle, if they had election cycles back then.

Centerhalf is engaging in some interesting speculation: Perhaps agriculture developed sooner than we think, but the signs were wiped out by rising ocean levels after the last ice age.

But, would agriculture really be likely to develop during an ice age?

Of course, "sudden" has to mean in terms of human development, as it didn't happen in one election cycle, if they had election cycles back then.

Centerhalf is engaging in some interesting speculation: Perhaps agriculture developed sooner than we think, but the signs were wiped out by rising ocean levels after the last ice age.

The ice age in question didn't glaciate the whole globe. From what I've read the Equator +/- 30 degrees was a very safe bet for comfortable human habitation.

I'm also speculating that we did far more than develop agriculture. I admit I'm not a scientist and speculation is all it is, but there are some interesting questions which need to be asked.

I think there were different periods of glacier activity. If I remember, the northern part of the planet had later melts. Maybe it had something to do with the earths axis and/or being bombarded with meteorites.

Werbung:
Back