Country is on the wrong track

chestnut

REAL CLEAR POLITICS POLL
Job Approval Approve Disapprove Spread
Obama 48.8% 45.4% +3.4%
Congress 28.8% 63.3% -34.5%
Direction of Country Right Direction Wrong Track Spread
RCP Average 34.5% 59.5% -25.0%

How can that be? I thought everyone loved all the changes Obama was making to the U.S.

Werbung:
The majority of Americans disapprove of Obama and his policies now.
That poll you cited is skewd in his favor!

But regardless the numbers are heading in the correct direction now, downward!

The US voters need to kick the Dems out in 2010.

Polls show they will right now in large number which is a good thing!

The US voters need to kick the Dems out in 2010.

Polls show they will right now in large number which is a good thing!

Oh yeah... that's the ticket we need that disaster back again bad.:eek:

This clip is THE PERFECT EXAMPLE for what you try to do in here everyday. Luckily for America it's people are hip to it now.

picture.php

Are those increasing deficits predicted for after '12 based on the assumption that Obama will win, or that we will have a Republican president?

Maybe if we had a Republican Congress, and a Democratic president, like we did prior to the Bush Administration, then those deficit predictions might continue to go down as one party checks and counters the other. We might even have a balanced budget again.

Maybe if we had a Republican Congress, and a Democratic president, like we did prior to the Bush Administration, then those deficit predictions might continue to go down as one party checks and counters the other. We might even have a balanced budget again.

Clearly this situation now with dems on both houses and the potus is proof that we do need a balance of power. I would be equally opposed to pubs in the same situation.

p.s. the figures above must have been based on current policies remaining in effect or the white house estimates would have been very different.

Clearly this situation now with dems on both houses and the potus is proof that we do need a balance of power. I would be equally opposed to pubs in the same situation.

That's a completely false premise that Conservative's LOVE to use to trick people but it's really for one reason and one reason alone.

Because they don't want anything done so the more divided the house = more gridlock... so less will be done.

Silly rabbit... Tricks are for kids...:rolleyes:

That's a completely false premise that Conservative's LOVE to use to trick people but it's really for one reason and one reason alone.

Because they don't want anything done so the more divided the house = more gridlock... so less will be done.

Silly rabbit... Tricks are for kids...:rolleyes:

The Founding Fathers expressed purpose of the balance of power is to make sure that what gets done is largely agreed upon by both parties. It keeps government from becoming tyrannical.

Sadly we are seeing exactly that - a shift toward tyranny and in both parties. It's present form is statism.

But since you think it is best when congress does a lot please tell us what you think the best most shining example of an action of congress has been.

Werbung:
The Founding Fathers expressed purpose of the balance of power is to make sure that what gets done is largely agreed upon by both parties. It keeps government from becoming tyrannical.

Sadly we are seeing exactly that - a shift toward tyranny and in both parties. It's present form is statism.

But since you think it is best when congress does a lot please tell us what you think the best most shining example of an action of congress has been.

Hey I'll agree with you on part of this. Congress ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY SHOULD BE MORE CENTRIST. I'm a moderate. I don't like most extremes in either Party. That's why I liked President Clinton... he was a centrist.

On the what things has Congress done. They've passed many things I'm glad for. Mostly things of a Social safety net bend or things targeted at helping children. Minimum Wage adjustments... many things. Environmental things. Civil Liberties & Equal Rights things. The list goes on.

I will agree that a lot of money is misspent IMO. If we'd just cut back on most of the hand outs to other countries it would help tremendously. Personally I'd rather not be liked by some of these countries if they only deal with us kindly because we give them a handout.

Here's an example... I bet Dr. Who & topgun will be together on this one.;)

Just heard this last night on the news. The US gives the Palestinians a 1.5 million dollar a year grant to pay for a Sesame Street puppet TV show promoting peace between the Palestinians and the Israelies... seriously!

This type of money (and this is only one of hundreds of similar examples) should be spent on helping shore up Social Security or US healthcare or just about anything else IMO.

Back