Did Jesus know he was going to die?

Don't be silly.

In all other disciplines the onus is on proving existence.

By rights atheism shouldn't exist as there is nothing atheists need to prove.

In every other discipline if someone came up with a hypothesis that stretched credibilty to breaking point and offered as evidence a book with a talking snake in it we would either pity them or ridicule them.

There would be no need for atheism if christianity didn't stifle scienctific advancement and elevate supserstition to equal levels.

Werbung:
Yes, he died to fulfill prophesy and save mankind.

Seems foolish doesn't it? For God to make himself weak and sacrifice himself to save mankind. The whole thing is ridiculous to wise men like Dawkinsrocks.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. I Corinthians Ch. 1 vs. 18

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. I Corinthians Ch. 1 vs. 19

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. I Corinthians Ch. 1 vs. 25

As to why God cried out upon the cross, it to was all part of fuffiling prophesy. Someone else noted the first verse of Psalms 22.

My God, My God why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? Ps. 22:1

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Matt. 27:46

Remember that while he was in fact 100% God, he was also 100% man, and I imagine any of us after being beaten, forced to carry the cross, being nailed to the cross and hanging on it for nine hours, would cry out. It was much more than just physical pain though, he was bearing the sin and sorrow, of every man who had ever been and every man who ever would be.

I really like those bible vs. They totally describe a few members who post around here who I won't name.

I don’t buy into the 100% God and 100% man part, but I respect your opinion to believe it.

But if other parts of the Bible say that Jesus asked God why he had to die etc, the Bible is only showing itself up to be totally contradictory too.

The bible is a long book that I've read several times. Perhaps there is somewhere in it where Jesus asks God why he has to die. I don't remember it though.

From what I do remember, Jesus not only knew that he had to die, he also knew why he had to die.

I know that there are many scriptural passages that on the surface appear to be contradictory. Over the years, I've found that it was my own understanding that was less than complete.

Should one correct a fool or not correct a fool? There are proverbs that make the arguement each way. I reconciled them from a passage in Ecclesiastes. To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.

No, one fool should not correct a fool. But someone should not be a fool and trust a book with the biggest answers of all when they do not understand it, relate to it and can point out hunderds of contradictions. Would you not agree?

Werbung:
No, one fool should not correct a fool. But someone should not be a fool and trust a book with the biggest answers of all when they do not understand it, relate to it and can point out hunderds of contradictions. Would you not agree?

What Dawkinsrock said.

Back