Do you believe in evolution?

That is if it was ever concluded that these evolutionary bones they found were of the same evolving animal and not of different presently extinct ones. I saw a program on Human evolution which was the state-of-the-art explanation of it. The people who were talking about their finds were just absolute morons. They found some archaelogical tools at a dig site and then were pleased to find on the same level of earth, an apelike creature's bones. They said, "When we discovered it, we said, 'This must be the tool master.'"I don't know whether they're that stupid or they think we are. No, I don't believe in evolution. One reason is all the people involved in it are a bunch of queers and freaks that will do anything to prove Religion, more specifically, christianity wrong. Such research was never started for actual fact-finding and study but on a blatant agenda to drive religion from the hearts and minds of people, especially in the west.

blah blah blah blah

Isn't it time for you to burn some witches?

Werbung:
No dinosaurs. Not one mention of dinosaurs being around when man was around anywhere in the Bible or any other scripture. Of course not... because man didn't know they even existed back in Biblical times. They couldn't include something they didn't know about. OOPS!

Now in what has to be the most hilarious thing of all times in regard to religion gone amuck and just being willing to say ANYTHING to try and fill in the gaps... are you guys ready... this isn't a joke... you're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you... here ya go...

According to a new group calling itself "Creation Scientists" (read that evangelists without a church) DINOSAURS were roaming around with Jesus! Yes my friends they were everywhere. They were on Noah's Ark. Thousands of dinosaurs breeds that we all now know existed through fossils... they were right there roaming around the manger and mixed in with the sheep & the oxen on the Ark just nobody thought it might be worth mentioning at the time. T-Rex must have been mellow back in the day!:D

You guys think I'm kidding but they're building a $26 million dollar "Creation Museum" right now in Kentucky. They showed it on TV the other night. They have animated T-Rex and all his dinosaur friends hangin' with man back in the time of Jesus... just being cool, chillin'. Then later they load 'em up on the Ark and go sailing... it's freakin' hilarious.

I never thought I'd see anything quite this desperate. I mean the Scientology thing with the aliens ain't got nothing on "THE CREATION MUSEUM"!:eek:

No dinosaurs. Not one mention of dinosaurs being around when man was around anywhere in the Bible or any other scripture. Of course not... because man didn't know they even existed back in Biblical times. They couldn't include something they didn't know about. OOPS!

Now in what has to be the most hilarious thing of all times in regard to religion gone amuck and just being willing to say ANYTHING to try and fill in the gaps... are you guys ready... this isn't a joke... you're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you... here ya go...

According to a new group calling itself "Creation Scientists" (read that evangelists without a church) DINOSAURS were roaming around with Jesus! Yes my friends they were everywhere. They were on Noah's Ark. Thousands of dinosaurs breeds that we all now know existed through fossils... they were right there roaming around the manger and mixed in with the sheep & the oxen on the Ark just nobody thought it might be worth mentioning at the time. T-Rex must have been mellow back in the day!:D

You guys think I'm kidding but they're building a $26 million dollar "Creation Museum" right now in Kentucky. They showed it on TV the other night. They have animated T-Rex and all his dinosaur friends hangin' with man back in the time of Jesus... just being cool, chillin'. Then later they load 'em up on the Ark and go sailing... it's freakin' hilarious.

I never thought I'd see anything quite this desperate. I mean the Scientology thing with the aliens ain't got nothing on "THE CREATION MUSEUM"!:eek:

New versions of the Bible will include sections on when it's appropriate to stone a Tyrannosaurus - and how to make sure it even notices you're doing it.

New versions of the Bible will include sections on when it's appropriate to stone a Tyrannosaurus - and how to make sure it even notices you're doing it.

I just hope they don't keep building on this new version. It's like Star Wars. Chapters keep getting written to explain the previous episode. I say just stick to the original story with its gaps and say it's a matter of faith.

If this keeps going any minute we'll be told Fred Flintstone & Barney Rubble were the two lost Mastodon herding Apostles.

I just hope they don't keep building on this new version. It's like Star Wars. Chapters keep getting written to explain the previous episode. I say just stick to the original story with its gaps and say it's a matter of faith.

If this keeps going any minute we'll be told Fred Flintstone & Barney Rubble were the two lost Mastodon herding Apostles.

Le gasp! You didn't know about Father Barney and Father Fred?

It's also a little known fact that John the Baptist developed his love of nearly drowning people from the extreme frustration of owning Dino.

The question that started this thread is in itself misleading. To ask if one "believes " in evolution implies that it is purly a matter of faith as "believing in creationism or ID clearly is. The phrasology indicates a parity between the two views. Evolution can be observed by examining the imperical evidence that leads to a conclusion without need for faith of any kind. Its the creationist trick to ask the question in such a way as to make a statement within the question.
Creationism and ID REQUIRE quantum leaps of faith as there is no evidence for it beyond anicdotal scriptures.

Creationism and ID REQUIRE quantum leaps of faith as there is no evidence for it beyond anicdotal scriptures.

So does beliving in God, but that hasn't stopped people.

And who wrote these scriptures, they certainly arn't scientists, they certainly didn't have the knowledge we have now, and its been translated through the years over and over again. They are bound to be scientifically wrong.

The question that started this thread is in itself misleading. To ask if one "believes " in evolution implies that it is purly a matter of faith as "believing in creationism or ID clearly is. The phrasology indicates a parity between the two views. Evolution can be observed by examining the imperical evidence that leads to a conclusion without need for faith of any kind. Its the creationist trick to ask the question in such a way as to make a statement within the question.

You are absolutely right!

And I don't even have a problem with believing in God. It's the snake oil salesman's tactics and fear mongering that are often projected by the religious right... the "Moral Majority" crowd that should just scare people to death. Left unchecked I truly believe America would have a sort of Christian Taiban on its hands... and I was raised as a Lutheran so it's not like I have an ax to grind against Christians.

And now when you see this just plain making stuff up because there was this big dinosaur gap in the teachings.... everyone should see a sign on this one.:eek:

By the way the world is also only 6 to 10 thousand years old. Forget carbon dating... forget fossilized record... forget DNA testing... forget everything scientific that you've ever learned... let's just let our minds wander and then wonder why our children are having problems in science class.

You are absolutely right!

And I don't even have a problem with believing in God. It's the snake oil salesman's tactics and fear mongering that are often projected by the religious right... the "Moral Majority" crowd that should just scare people to death. Left unchecked I truly believe America would have a sort of Christian Taiban on its hands... and I was raised as a Lutheran so it's not like I have an ax to grind against Christians.

And now when you see this just plain making stuff up because there was this big dinosaur gap in the teachings.... everyone should see a sign on this one.:eek:

By the way the world is also only 6 to 10 thousand years old. Forget carbon dating... forget fossilized record... forget DNA testing... forget everything scientific that you've ever learned... let's just let our minds wander and the wonder why our children are having problems in science class.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Microevolution, yes. There is ample evidence of it and we can actually see it at work today. Macroevolution, however, not a chance. In a hundred and fifty years of fossil collection and analysis, we haven't seen a single fossil that evidences one species evolving into another.

I do believe that evolution was probably a mechanism used by God. But it was probably a whole lot different that what the scientists think it is. It is even possible that animals evolved but that humans did were created.

Microevolution can be observed and survival of the fittest is a tautaulogical truth.

But it is also true that there is not a single transitional form connecting two obviously different species.

Werbung:
Nope, not true. Pretty good fossil record - posts earlier in this thread deal with it.

(Love your user name btw!! Great series:D )

Sorry just joined today and I had to pcik up somewhere and couldn't really read every post practically.

BTW, my user cp doesnt show all the threads I have posted on, why is that?

But I am sure that if there were a missing link demonstrating a transition from one completely differetn species to another we would all know about it.

archeopterix (sp?) hs been put forth as an example but there are problems with that.

The whale series has been put forth as an example but there are problems with that too.

The reality is that if the theory were without holes we would have tons of transitions and we would be searching for one or two.

Back