Failure to stop Leviathan

Rick

Question for conservatives:

Am I justified in feeling angry at Boehner?

The amount of the budget cut, $39 billion, is chump change compared to the multi-trillion dollar blood-letting after two years of obozo. The republicans also caved on the funding of the abortion mill industry and the funding of the expanding hothouse of american fascism, the EPA.

ON THE OTHER hand, no serious attempt has been made to cut spending since the GOP congress of the 1990s forced it on Bubba Clinton.

Admittedly, the lib shill media did it's usual part for obozo, running endless stories of people closed out of national parks (sob! sob! waaaaaaaaaa!!). Also, the endless man-on-the-street interviews with clueless rubes who don't grasp the CENTRAL issue of the destruction of this country by unsustainable (a fav leftwing word) spending, but think the whole issue is "compromise", getting along, making nice - being "civil" as a country built up for centuries begins a long decline because of disastrous government misrule.

Did Boehner get what was possible? In any case, the disappointing smallness of the budget cut victory surely points to the need to clear out more of the leftwingers and RINOs in the 2012 elections.

Werbung:
Question for conservatives:

Am I justified in feeling angry at Boehner?

The amount of the budget cut, $39 billion, is chump change compared to the multi-trillion dollar blood-letting after two years of obozo. The republicans also caved on the funding of the abortion mill industry and the funding of the expanding hothouse of american fascism, the EPA.

ON THE OTHER hand, no serious attempt has been made to cut spending since the GOP congress of the 1990s forced it on Bubba Clinton.

Admittedly, the lib shill media did it's usual part for obozo, running endless stories of people closed out of national parks (sob! sob! waaaaaaaaaa!!). Also, the endless man-on-the-street interviews with clueless rubes who don't grasp
the CENTRAL issue of the destruction of this country by unsustainable (a fav leftwing word) spending, but think the whole issue is "compromise", getting along, making nice - being "civil" as a country built up for centuries begins a long decline because of disastrous government misrule.

Did Boehner get what was possible? In any case, the disappointing smallness
of the budget cut victory surely points to the need to clear out more of the leftwingers and RINOs in the 2012 elections.

I think Boehner got all that was possible at the moment....but I think more importantly this will serve as a victory among house republicans, and give Boehner a lot more clout in terms of the debt ceiling issue which will be coming up shortly, as well as give him a lot more power in demanding more reductions in the 2012 budget.

Yes, he compromised to a degree, but I think it is well worth it if it (and I think it does) enhances his clout in these crucial coming negotiations, which are frankly more important than what was just passed.

Boehner is a typical jellyfish Republican. No backbone.

I'm not surprised in the least bit that Boehner and Reid and Obama stood on the shore of the Potomac River, where each of them dipped out a cup of water, and announced that they had historically decreased the water level in the Potomac.

What a joke. There isn't a good pair of testicles to be found inside the beltway. If there was, Barney Frank would have already claimed them as his own.

more would have been nice but the real test is the 2012 budget. If the cuts are as trivial there then he's a failure and has to go.

There is a big difference between knowing what should be done and what can be done in politics. When the Senate and the Presidency are held by the Democrats, the Republicans can do only so much - even if public support is behind them.

Nobody likes a government shutdown. It is nice to say "Shut it down", but in reality it is a pain in the arse for a lot of people. When you focus on cutting services it obviously looks like the Republicans are trying to cut social programs. So the blame is going to fall on the shoulders of the Repubs.

If the Republicans would have gone after cutting the Defense budget, then Boehner would have gotten a lot more support. IMO, the Defense department needs a good haircut. Getting out the Muslim countries would be a good start. Mothball a few aircraft carriers (why do we need 10 on active duty?). And remember each soldier costs the tax payer 1 million dollars a year. Let the Reservists go home and save a lot of money.

But trying to kill funding for Planned Parenthood and Obamacare is picking the wrong fight at the wrong time.

Somebody has got to start looking at Paul Ryan's proposal if we want to balance the budget. That isn't going to happen until after the 2012 elections. I hope the dollar doesn't tank before then.

There is a big difference between knowing what should be done and what can be done in politics. When the Senate and the Presidency are held by the Democrats, the Republicans can do only so much - even if public support is behind them.

Nobody likes a government shutdown. It is nice to say "Shut it down", but in reality it is a pain in the arse for a lot of people. When you focus on cutting services it obviously looks like the Republicans are trying to cut social programs. So the blame is going to fall on the shoulders of the Repubs.

This is the lib media line - for some mysterious reason, when >>>BOTH<<< parties disagree and reach an impasse, it's the republicans' fault.

But trying to kill funding for Planned Parenthood and Obamacare is picking the wrong fight at the wrong time.

NONSENSE. When pray tell would have been the "right" time???

its sad and funny , mostly sad...to watch republicans sit not able to figure out why with only the house, but not senate or white house with veto power....it can't just get 100% of what it wants all the time...the Left had the house, senate, and white house...we still did not get alot of what we wanted....and yet you can't seem to get that....your the weak party right now power wise. your not going to get evrything you want...if you do...then we may as well not have elections anymore.

NONSENSE. When pray tell would have been the "right" time???
The right time is when you've got control of the Senate and/or Presidency.

You'd better have a good idea how to change programs such as Planned Parenthood. It needs a good haircut too. Handing out free condoms is ridiculous. But I know a lot of young women (with stupid parents) who got in way over their heads with a flaky boyfriend. Planned Parenthood was the only place they could turn for advice.

So Republicans should approach the abortion issue by being honest and open... not try to slip in a last minute rider on a bill thinking they can muscle-in a change through the back door. That is a stupid thing for any party to do.

The Rs suck. That said, I think they got about all they could get considering the libs control of the Senate and WH. But, they did it wrong.

Where they screwed up is in the press. They needed to hammer home a consistent message. That message is the Ds have NO intention of cutting spending in any meaningful way and the cuts offered by the Ds was peanuts...absolutely meaningless.

Less than 1% cut and without damaging the Ds politically, the Rs are truly a bunch of wimps.

And BO claims this is the biggest cut ever...lies and more lies...and some believe.

The Rs suck. That said, I think they got about all they could get considering the libs control of the Senate and WH. But, they did it wrong.

Where they screwed up is in the press. They needed to hammer home a consistent message. That message is the Ds have NO intention of cutting spending in any meaningful way and the cuts offered by the Ds was peanuts...absolutely meaningless.

Less than 1% cut and without damaging the Ds politically, the Rs are truly a bunch of wimps.

And BO claims this is the biggest cut ever...lies and more lies...and some believe.

Until the Republicans figure out that you don't bring a knife to a gunfight, and until they get "down and dirty" with the Democrats and roll around in the mud with them, they will always be the "party of chickens".

The Repubs frustrate me more than the Dems do. At least with the Dems, you know what you're getting. You're getting hypocrisy, dishonesty, the thirst for absolute power, blatant lies, personal attacks, and playing on the emotions of the people.

With the Repubs, you're getting mostly a bunch of pussies who are afraid to fight, afraid to square off with the Dems, afraid to use the news media as a weapon, afraid to expose the Dems for what they really are, and afraid to tell the American people what they need to hear.

Until the Repubs learn that, although taking the "high road" is admirable and the right thing to do in everyday life, that philosophy does not work when you are dealing with the snakes and sharks in the Democrat Party.

The Democrat Party has devolved from the self-proclaimed "party of the people" to the much more accurate "party of evil".

The right time is when you've got control of the Senate and/or Presidency.

You mean control of all three? How often does THAT happen?

You'd better have a good idea how to change programs such as Planned Parenthood. It needs a good haircut too. Handing out free condoms is ridiculous. But I know a lot of young women (with stupid parents) who got in way over their heads with a flaky boyfriend. Planned Parenthood was the only place they could turn for advice

Planned parenthood doesn't exist for "advice" - they exist for one thing - to execute the Abortion Holocaust.

So Republicans should approach the abortion issue by being honest and open... not try to slip in a last minute rider on a bill thinking they can muscle-in a change through the back door. That is a stupid thing for any party to do.

Republicans didn't "slip" anything in - anything relevent to abortion is given the widest immediate publicity by the liberal shill media. Almost all bills are combinations of different proposed laws - that's done all the time and by both parties.

Get real. The mainstream media, overwhelmingly liberal, operates merely as the propaganda arm of the democrat party.

Get real. The mainstream media, overwhelmingly liberal, operates merely as the propaganda arm of the democrat party.

Yes, but you miss my point.

The press was all over this budget debate. The Rs had a chance to tell the American people what the Ds are all about. The Speaker got in front of the microphone many times with that fool Dingy Harry next to him. He and the other Rs had an opportunity to damage the Ds politically and they failed.

Werbung:
Yes, but you miss my point.

The press was all over this budget debate. The Rs had a chance to tell the American people what the Ds are all about. The Speaker got in front of the microphone many times with that fool Dingy Harry next to him. He and the other Rs had an opportunity to damage the Ds politically and they failed.

No way. The only time the republican message gets out without carefully crafted excerpting, "framing", and other liberal media distortion is on CSPAN and Fox. I DO agree that the GOP doesn't do a good job, but partly the reason for that is the GOP establishment is still controlled by the RINOs - lots more of them need to be given the bum's rush.

Back