FDA Rules Against Avastin,, G.O.P should use this as political weapon against Obama

steveox

FDA wrong to revoke drug approval
As the husband of a breast cancer patient who has survived against considerable odds thanks to a remarkable new treatment, the past couple months have been especially agonizing.

Will the FDA go through with its decision to revoke its approval of Avastin as a treatment for breast cancer? My wife’s life is riding on the outcome of a hearing the agency will conduct this Tuesday, June 28.

Avastin’s manufacturer is appealing the FDA’s December revocation decision.

The appeal represents the last opportunity for the FDA to reverse itself. If it doesn’t, thousands of American women will likely be handed a death sentence — they’ll lose their last, best hope of staving off breast cancer.

http://theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/06/26/opinion/doc4e02388e91d19787310132.txt

Sarah Palin should unite woman on this election issue on Obamas FDA people. Thats how Obama won the Election. He used African Americans to get him elected because the color of his skin! Now Sarah Palin should use Gender to get her elected. Theres more women then Men in America she should use gender against Obama just like Obama used Race to get elected.

Werbung:
Re: FDA Rules Against Avastin,, G.O.P should use this as political weapon against Oba

FDA wrong to revoke drug approval
As the husband of a breast cancer patient who has survived against considerable odds thanks to a remarkable new treatment, the past couple months have been especially agonizing.

Will the FDA go through with its decision to revoke its approval of Avastin as a treatment for breast cancer? My wife’s life is riding on the outcome of a hearing the agency will conduct this Tuesday, June 28.

Avastin’s manufacturer is appealing the FDA’s December revocation decision.

The appeal represents the last opportunity for the FDA to reverse itself. If it doesn’t, thousands of American women will likely be handed a death sentence — they’ll lose their last, best hope of staving off breast cancer.

http://theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/06/26/opinion/doc4e02388e91d19787310132.txt

Sarah Palin should unite woman on this election issue on Obamas FDA people. Thats how Obama won the Election. He used African Americans to get him elected because the color of his skin! Now Sarah Palin should use Gender to get her elected. Theres more women then Men in America she should use gender against Obama just like Obama used Race to get elected.

First, let me say that I am very sorry your wife is going through such a difficult time. I know how frightening breast cancer can be, and how difficult on the whole family the stress and fear can be. I am a breast cancer survivor myself.

I would recommend, however, that before you push the panic button, you do some additional research on what that FDA decision would really consist of. It appears (see following link) that this injection would only be disaproved for a very specific treatment of a very specific form of breast cancer, not for all types. So, first of all, it may help you and your wife to find out if your wife's situation would fall under that restriction. I hope not, if it seems to help her.

It seems, however, that this injection has very dangerous consequences also. But, it is clear that, when facing a potentially terminal illness, one is willing to take a lot more risk to be treated than for a casual illness. So I understand your concern.

Here is the link (press release directly from Roche):

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2011

Genentech Provides Update from FDA Hearing on Avastin for Metastatic Breast Cancer

-- FDA Commissioner to Make Final Decision at a Later Date --

Silver Spring, Md. -- June 29, 2011 -- Genentech, a member of the Roche Group (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY), announced today that, during a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) hearing, the FDA's Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee (ODAC) recommended that the FDA withdraw its approval of Avastin® (bevacizumab) in combination with paclitaxel chemotherapy for previously untreated (first-line) HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer. The committee's recommendation is not the final decision and Avastin plus paclitaxel is still FDA approved for women with HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer. The FDA Commissioner will make the final decision on whether Avastin should remain approved for metastatic breast cancer. The FDA has not announced when the Commissioner will make the final decision.

Re: FDA Rules Against Avastin,, G.O.P should use this as political weapon against Oba

You didnt read the article. its not my wife,,its the guys wife who wrote the story. The point is the obama admin doesnt care about you! And if Obama can get elected by Black majority voters women can get elected by the women voters.

You didnt read the article. its not my wife,,its the guys wife who wrote the story. The point is the obama admin doesnt care about you! And if Obama can get elected by Black majority voters women can get elected by the women voters.

If the first paragraph of your previous posts referred to the words of another person, you needed to use quote marks, or at least indicate it in some way.

You are correct I didn't read that article. Did you read the one I offered?

As a woman, and a cancer survivor, I support the decision of the FDA re: this drug for breast cancer. I hope the decision will be confirm.

I find it unconscienable that you and you little friends in the "let's hate Obama" club go to the extreme of using the misery and fear of people with serious and/or terminal illnesses to further your ridiculous vendetta!

It demonstrates only the lack of integrity in most of your arguments.

Openmind, Don't expect Steve-O to be compassionate. It's not his style. He's one of the crowd on that South Park episode my kid was watching where the residents just stood there and went "rabble, rabble, rabble".

Keep in mind this person thinks that women are somehow predisposed to vote by gender and not intelligence or concern for the county as a whole.

I am very glad for you and your loved ones that you are a survivor.

Openmind, Don't expect Steve-O to be compassionate. It's not his style. He's one of the crowd on that South Park episode my kid was watching where the residents just stood there and went "rabble, rabble, rabble".

Keep in mind this person thinks that women are somehow predisposed to vote by gender and not intelligence or concern for the county as a whole.

I am very glad for you and your loved ones that you are a survivor.

Thank you for your kindness.

Werbung:

you really need to be careful about blaming a President with the resuts of the FDA.

Those who know me know that I am very ANTI - Obama ... but right is right!

If you blame Obama for the actions of others ... then demand the government makes parents responsible for the gang activities of their kids (as it used to be)!

AND ... start looking at things like antiperspirants as a potential initiator and/or trigger of breast cancer.

AND ... if cancer is such a problem - then stop the pharmaceutical companies from selling drugs like Humira which has as a known side effects VARIOUS FORMS OF CANCER for the treatment of arthritis?

AND ... look at the cancer side effects of some medications for skin rash - CANCER?

All of these are acceptable by the Federal Government - so long as you do not use tobacco!

Back