Forget rifles, we have to ban hammers !

dogtowner

Staff member
More killed with blunt objects than rifles

and dont stop there... hands and feet are even worse than that !

here's your government data

According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.
This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.

And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

Werbung:
Before you know it, the left will have us taking out permits to buy kitchen knives and then put red x's on your front door that you own one.

yup. knives even worse than hammers on the lidt

You do realize how stupid this comment is, don't you?

But obviously it is made to mislead dumb people! You see, this "measurement" is talking about RIFLE, which is obviously only a VERY SMALL portion of firearms. . .and many more crimes are committed with HANDGUNS than with rifles.

Now, if you look at the statistics between ALL firearms and All "blunt objects and knives," you will find out that ALL firearms are responsible for a lot more homicides than blunt objects or knives.

800px-Ushomicidesbyweapon.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ushomicidesbyweapon.svg

It always seems so ridiculous when people who should know better (and who probably do!) prefer to make a WRONG statement with the intention to mislead the gullible people than to be honest! It certainly denotes a lack of integrity!

And, obviously, if people would even just LOOK at the data offered, even in the OP link, it would be evident that firearms kill A LOT MORE people each year than ANY of the other methods COMBINED.

Maybe, instead of posting a link with the hope than no gullible people will actually take the time to look at the data with a critical mind, it would be more honest to post the table that SHOWS the data directly! Some people are so lazy when it comes to using their mind, especially in a forum that has such a strong mind set of Republican propaganda!

Before you know it, the left will have us taking out permits to buy kitchen knives and then put red x's on your front door that you own one.

How can anyone make such stupid remarks? You really don't believe that, do you? Then why do you insist in making statements that make you look like a fool!

You do realize how stupid this comment is, don't you?

But obviously it is made to mislead dumb people! You see, this "measurement" is talking about RIFLE, which is obviously only a VERY SMALL portion of firearms. . .and many more crimes are committed with HANDGUNS than with rifles.

Now, if you look at the statistics between ALL firearms and All "blunt objects and knives," you will find out that ALL firearms are responsible for a lot more homicides than blunt objects or knives.

800px-Ushomicidesbyweapon.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ushomicidesbyweapon.svg

It always seems so ridiculous when people who should know better (and who probably do!) prefer to make a WRONG statement with the intention to mislead the gullible people than to be honest! It certainly denotes a lack of integrity!

And, obviously, if people would even just LOOK at the data offered, even in the OP link, it would be evident that firearms kill A LOT MORE people each year than ANY of the other methods COMBINED.

Maybe, instead of posting a link with the hope than no gullible people will actually take the time to look at the data with a critical mind, it would be more honest to post the table that SHOWS the data directly! Some people are so lazy when it comes to using their mind, especially in a forum that has such a strong mind set of Republican propaganda!

don't blame me if the left's obsession with one small segment of rifles is ridiculous.
the focus on so-called assault weapons is idiotic.

unless...

you only care about suburban white people being shot while its mainly low life inner city druggies getting capped by handguns.

don't blame me if the left's obsession with one small segment of rifles is ridiculous.
the focus on so-called assault weapons is idiotic.

unless...

you only care about suburban white people being shot while its mainly low life inner city druggies getting capped by handguns.

What is happening to all of you "Right wing nuts?

You are getting more extreme by the day, and you are seemingly intent in destroying your own arguments by the ridiculous insistance of foregoing all logic!

Those of us who want more gun control are not focusing on banning RIFLES, but on closing the loophole that allows any imbecile, including felons and people with serious mental illness to purchase weapons unchecked in gun shows.

Another focus of the new gun control law would be to limit the purchase of high capacity magazines.

You are not doing yourself or your cause any favor by twisting and spinning the whle argument and making the whole issue a huge, irrational lie

Shame on you!

What is happening to all of you "Right wing nuts?

You are getting more extreme by the day, and you are seemingly intent in destroying your own arguments by the ridiculous insistance of foregoing all logic!

Those of us who want more gun control are not focusing on banning RIFLES, but on closing the loophole that allows any imbecile, including felons and people with serious mental illness to purchase weapons unchecked in gun shows.

Another focus of the new gun control law would be to limit the purchase of high capacity magazines.

You are not doing yourself or your cause any favor by twisting and spinning the whle argument and making the whole issue a huge, irrational lie

Shame on you!

yes we understand you want them all gone.

if you dont want lunatics buying guns then get the medical community to do their job and report them.

no one can buy a weapon unchecked at a gun show. repeating this lie doesnt make it true.

and i see you dont deny your greater horror over suburban killings.

yes we understand you want them all gone.

if you dont want lunatics buying guns then get the medical community to do their job and report them.

no one can buy a weapon unchecked at a gun show. repeating this lie doesnt make it true.

and i see you dont deny your greater horror over suburban killings.

I would like all guns gone. . .or, since it seems that so many ofyou would like to go back 100 years into the past, it would be a great improvement to have our guns go back to what it was one hundred years ago, or better yet, at thelevelthat our founderd knew and legislated on almost 240 years ago.

But Ialso know that this will not happen, so Iwould be happy with the passage of the several bills that have already been proposed in Congress this week. And please note that NONE of them is asking for full ban, but most are asking for what i was suggesting, including a crack down on gun shows.

With new Congress comes a new push for gun laws - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2013/01/05/politics/new-congress-gun.../index.html
17 hours ago – Lawmakers in House introduce multiple bills related to gun violence; Gun-control advocates sponsor bills requiring background checks for all ...
And obviously I was more shocked and disgusted by the killing of 20 sixth graders then i ever was before.

Wasn?t eVeryone with a heart?

Am i supposed to be embarrassed by that? Well. . . I'm not.

I would like all guns gone. . .or, since it seems that so many ofyou would like to go back 100 years into the past, it would be a great improvement to have our guns go back to what it was one hundred years ago, or better yet, at thelevelthat our founderd knew and legislated on almost 240 years ago.

But Ialso know that this will not happen, so Iwould be happy with the passage of the several bills that have already been proposed in Congress this week. And please note that NONE of them is asking for full ban, but most are asking for what i was suggesting, including a crack down on gun shows.

With new Congress comes a new push for gun laws - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2013/01/05/politics/new-congress-gun.../index.html
17 hours ago – Lawmakers in House introduce multiple bills related to gun violence; Gun-control advocates sponsor bills requiring background checks for all ...
And obviously I was more shocked and disgusted by the killing of 20 sixth graders then i ever was before.

Wasn?t eVeryone with a heart?

Am i supposed to be embarrassed by that? Well. . . I'm not.

of course you dont care that non whites are being shot daily. Thats just what they do, right ? its just when the shooting gets into your neighborhood that it becomes urgent.

so what rules do you want for gun shows that stores would not need to follow ? currently both follow the very same rules.

of course you dont care that non whites are being shot daily. Thats just what they do, right ? its just when the shooting gets into your neighborhood that it becomes urgent.

so what rules do you want for gun shows that stores would not need to follow ? currently both follow the very same rules.

Where did I say that?

I think it is very unbecoming behavior for a moderator to put words in other members' mouth, especially this kind of crap.

I care about ALL shootings. In fact, I cared about Trayvon Martin's shooting. . .which I believe you thought was "well deserved!"

You are increasingly being dishonest with this poster at least. Maybe you should look at this attitude.
And. . .if the gun shows had the same rules as stores, there wouldn't be new bills in Congress to change the gun show loopholes.. .

And maybe gun stores should also have greater, more effective background checks!

By the way, here is a link to at least two "loop holes" that need to be addressed, one is "gun shows" operated by non-licensed gun sellers.

The Straw Purchase Loophole

• The Brady Law is actually relatively easy to circumvent, through "straw purchases." This is when a person purchases a gun through a surrogate. Only the purchaser receives a background check. Straw purchases are technically illegal under a 1968 law, but gifts are not, granting a very large loophole to any surrogate who has a demonstrable relationship with the person who actually wants the gun.
The Gun Show Loophole

• gun-background-check-laws-4.1-800x800.jpg
    Another loophole is that the law applies only to licensed dealers. Non-licensed dealers can still sell firearms, subject to other federal, state or local regulations, and without making background checks. This exemption for private sales has been dubbed the "Gun Show Loophole," as these events are where many of those transactions take place.

Read more: Gun Background Check Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_4799052_gun-background-check-laws.html#ixzz2HECuotiV

Every gun should have the serial number recorded and traced from one owner to another, as in VIN plates on a car. Every gun transaction public or private should be recorded and have an ownership title, as in a car. There should be a private government database to track gun ownership as they do with car license plates. Every gun owner should pass a written test, as they do with a drivers license.

Where did I say that?

I think it is very unbecoming behavior for a moderator to put words in other members' mouth, especially this kind of crap.

I care about ALL shootings. In fact, I cared about Trayvon Martin's shooting. . .which I believe you thought was "well deserved!"

You are increasingly being dishonest with this poster at least. Maybe you should look at this attitude.
And. . .if the gun shows had the same rules as stores, there wouldn't be new bills in Congress to change the gun show loopholes.. .

And maybe gun stores should also have greater, more effective background checks!

By the way, here is a link to at least two "loop holes" that need to be addressed, one is "gun shows" operated by non-licensed gun sellers.

you said you were shocked st the conn crime. you have not rendered shock at even the mist terrible drug relatwd sprees so what other conclusion can be drawn ?

you said you were shocked st the conn crime. you have not rendered shock at even the mist terrible drug relatwd sprees so what other conclusion can be drawn ?

The conclusion that any reasonable, intelligent, and FAIR person would draw.
The fact that this latest killing spree against 20 young children has shocked the WORLD, and that EVERYONE with a heart has been shaken into reassessing what our addiction to guns is doing to this country.

You never felt bad about Trayvon Martin being killed, or about the Black teenager being killed by Dunn for playing his music too loud for Dunn's taste, or ANY of the killing that have been perpetrated by WHITE against Black teenagers.

Does that mean I should accuse you of being indifferent or (in these two cases listed above) JOYFUL and supportive of the killings?

Should I go back and bring home some of the insensitive comments you made in those two cases, or the insensitive comments that other made and that you applauded?

Hypocrisy is a nasty trait!

Werbung:
The conclusion that any reasonable, intelligent, and FAIR person would draw.
The fact that this latest killing spree against 20 young children has shocked the WORLD, and that EVERYONE with a heart has been shaken into reassessing what our addiction to guns is doing to this country.

You never felt bad about Trayvon Martin being killed, or about the Black teenager being killed by Dunn for playing his music too loud for Dunn's taste, or ANY of the killing that have been perpetrated by WHITE against Black teenagers.

Does that mean I should accuse you of being indifferent or (in these two cases listed above) JOYFUL and supportive of the killings?

Should I go back and bring home some of the insensitive comments you made in those two cases, or the insensitive comments that other made and that you applauded?

Hypocrisy is a nasty trait!
Chicago reached “a tragic number” last week, according to Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy: Its homicide total for the year hit 500, the highest annual total since 2008.

What I want to know is HOW CAN THAT BE? Not only are criminals not allowed to own guns in Chicago, nobody else is either. Clearly they’re making this up. How can anybody be killed when guns, through careful and thorough “reasonable gun legislation”, have been made to automagically disappear?

Largely contributing to the spike was the unusual number of homicides that occurred during the early part of the year, when the city experienced unseasonable warmth.
Oh, that’s it of course!BAN THE SUN!!!!

In the first three months of the year, homicides ran about 60 percent ahead of the 2011 rate.So BAN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS OF THE YEAR TOO!!!
There, that wasn’t so hard, was it?

Back