Government Can't Solve All Our Problems

Seneca, Still would like a response on your since the debt doesnt matter thread, but I am not holding my breath.

I'm still not sure what you were saying here, but it sounds like you missed the point of the title. No one on the right thinks that debt doesn't matter. Seneca was being sarcastic about something that Obama said, implying that debt doesn't matter.

For instance, we have people a good portion of our poppulation who are either without affordable health insurance, or lacking it entirely. The competing factions are the everyday people who need access to health care that is quality and affordable.

Have you ever looked into this? Out of the supposedly 45 Million uninsured, 17 Million live in households that earn over $50,000 a year. Another 14 Million are eligible for government programs like Medicaid or S-chip, but choose to opt-out. Of the remainder, there's over 12 Million illegals, that don't buy health insurance for obvious reasons.

Watch a video on the uninsured in America, for a bit more information.

Basically, there is no real excuse for not having health insurance. The people that don't have it, for the most part, simply refuse to get it. For example, I have a friend I've talked about before named Nadia. She's from Somalia. When she needed insurance, I found her a policy for only $67/month. It worked great for her.

I didn't feel like going through your personalized version of the seven deadly sins, but I was amussed you mentioned greed. It's funny how we always say other people are greedy. CEOs are greedy. Corporations are greedy... but never us. Never the people. Never the ones talking about greedy.

I actually think we are the greedy ones. Corporations merely want to provide a product we want, and make money doing it. We're the ones that don't want to pay for anything.

In the video above, the opening lady talking, says she earns roughly $2300 per month, and saves about $1000 of it every month. After being asked why she doesn't have insurance which would cost only $96/mo, she basically says, I don't want to pay for it, I'm not going to pay for it, and I shouldn't have to pay for it.

That's the people you claim can't afford health insurance? No... these are greedy consumers that want to get something without paying for it. Greedy isn't providing a decent product at a decent price, and making money in the process. Greedy is demanding something, while refusing to pay anything for it.

Werbung:
Actually, the sources I read from... which I have not been able to locate right now, is that they simply voted to increase the nations money supply, not print up new T-bills. As in they are just going to print the money and use it, not increase our debt.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/15/business/economy/15fed.html?ref=business The NY Times says:
Until three months ago, the Fed financed that lending with its existing reserves, mostly Treasury securities. Because it was simply exchanging its cash or Treasury securities for hard-to-sell securities, the programs did not increase the total amount of money in the financial system.

But since September, when the Fed started to run low on Treasuries, it has been creating new money at a blistering pace. As a result, the Fed’s “balance sheet” has ballooned to just over $2 trillion last week from about $900 billion in September.
:(

With a little luck, we can be as rich as this guy from Zimbabwe. He is purchasing three eggs with the bill you see:

Seneca,
Still would like a response on your since the debt doesnt matter thread, but I am not holding my breath.
Done.
To answer your question though...Government cant solve the problems that the people being governed dont want solved.

So its your opinion that government CAN SOLVE every problem?... so long as we give our consent... and its not a result of "human nature"? That's how the above sentence reads to me anyway.... as utter nonsense. Especially the part about "human nature"....

Here's some time tested truth: Government can ONLY solve problems that are a proper function of government. Deficits, Debt, Political Corruption etc. all spring from government going outside its proper functions and yet... politicians still manage to talk people into letting them go further outside the constitutional bounds of a proper government - who's only function is to safeguard our rights and liberties - with the result being we continually get more deficits, more debt, more corruption.

The economy is not a function of Government. Poverty is not a function of Government. Healthcare is not a function of Government... The answer the coming from the statists on both sides has always been: Make it a function of government so we can fix it!

Did that work with Social Security? Nope... did it work with the war on Poverty? Nope... has it worked anywhere the government has strayed from its proper functions? Nope... But politicians will never admit it, the people who continue to vote for them are taught to look the other way, for any other possible explanation (no matter how unreasonable or impractical), in a vein attempt to ignore the truth and deflect responsibility for making decisions based on emotion rather than logic.

How about we demand that before government be given the authority to "fix" any more of our problems... they do some house cleaning with the authority they already have and fix the problems we have in Government? Nah... we'd rather listen to the same corrupt, fiscally irresponsible and power hungry statist politicians that prescribe and spew the same statist policies that got us where we are in the first place.

"Tell them its Change™ and they won't know its actually more of the Same."

Werbung:
Back