If Pot production were legal, projected tax revenues by state

Popeye

2w57j81-1.png

When is this country going to wake up?

http://www.sloshspot.com/blog/11-13...ere-Legal-Projected-Tax-Revenues-by-State-245

Werbung:
Hell....here, in Northern Central PA, if commercial-hemp was a legitimized, a LOTTA family-farms would be resurrected!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE can grow ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

11949865511933397169thumbs_up_nathan_eady_01.svg.med.png

Popeye, when pot is legal growers are going to be the most happy of all.

They will get so much more business than they already get. Only a total idiot is going to buy "government pot" at a pharmacy for tripple the price they can get it from a grower.

Now I dont disagree we have some idiots stupid enough to pay more from the pharmacy for their government pot but its not going to be the majority.

Popeye, when pot is legal growers are going to be the most happy of all.

They will get so much more business than they already get. Only a total idiot is going to buy "government pot" at a pharmacy for tripple the price they can get it from a grower.

Now I dont disagree we have some idiots stupid enough to pay more from the pharmacy for their government pot but its not going to be the majority.

So I can put you down as being against legalization, despite the fact that we spend literally billions annually in arresting and incarcerating marijuana users and producers?

So I can put you down as being against legalization, despite the fact that we spend literally billions annually in arresting and incarcerating marijuana users and producers?

I dont care if its legal or not legal, I just think its a joke to think its going to bring revenue to the government.

No one is going to buy it at a high price from the government when they can get it much cheaper from a grower on the block

Yeah....what're the chance$....you know, because we're such a chaste-nation??

:rolleyes:

You shaman, might just be that one guy who buys government pot for ten times the money :) Perhaps if we keep people "high" enough they will kill enough brain cells to be stupid enough to buy it for more from the government.

that actually might be a plan that works

:)

You shaman, might just be that one guy who buys government pot for ten times the money :) Perhaps if we keep people "high" enough they will kill enough brain cells to be stupid enough to buy it for more from the government.

that actually might be a plan that works

:)
You D.A.R.E.-grads are toooooooooooooooo obvious.

:rolleyes:

Why is pot illegal?

Why is it that the plant that is addictive and causes lung cancer is legal, but the one that Isn't addictive and just makes its users silly and giddy is illegal?

Harry Jacob Anslinger
is a big part of the answer to that little absurdity:

Harry Jacob Anslinger (May 20, 1892 – November 14, 1975) held office as the Assistant Prohibition Commissioner in the Bureau of Prohibition, before being appointed as the first Commissioner of the Treasury Department's Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN) on August 12, 1930.

He held office an unprecedented 32 years in his role (rivaled only by J. Edgar Hoover), holding office until 1962. He then held office two years as US Representative to the United Nations Narcotics Commission. The responsibilities once held by Harry J. Anslinger are now largely under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Office of National Drug Control Policy. Anslinger died at the age of 83 of heart failure in Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania.

Why was he so opposed to marijuana? Well, in his own words:

...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.

Is prohibition a holdover from the bad old days of institutionalized racism? you decide.

I think this is a case where it's a lot about how you legalize it.

First let me say I think it should be legalized. It's stupid that an adult can get staggering drunk on every other street corner in America but smoke a joint... Oh hell no.:rolleyes:

But then you have to go to how to legalize it.

I think Pandora makes a good point that if it's completely legal to grow & sell that because it is so easy to grow... it is a weed:D... that most people would just grow their own or buy it cheaper from a friend.

On the other side if you make only POSSESSION legal and then only legally allow sales out of state pot stores (like liquor is now or the pot shops do in California) then I think there's a HUGE cash cow just sitting there like Popeye has pointed out.

I think this is a case where it's a lot about how you legalize it.

First let me say I think it should be legalized. It's stupid that an adult can get staggering drunk on every other street corner in America but smoke a joint... Oh hell no.:rolleyes:

But then you have to go to how to legalize it.

I think Pandora makes a good point that if it's completely legal to grow & sell that because it is so easy to grow... it is a weed:D... that most people would just grow their own or buy it cheaper from a friend.

On the other side if you make only POSSESSION legal and then only legally allow sales out of state pot stores (like liquor is now or the pot shops do in California) then I think there's a HUGE cash cow just sitting there like Popeye has pointed out.

If they make smoking and having legal but growing illegal then the growers are not taking any more risk than they are already taking and more people would be buying because its legal to have it.

If you get past the illegal sale who can prove your personal pot was grown by the government or by the guy next door? So half the risk, that is currently being taken would be a non risk.

Then you add in that someone would take the law to court, its legal to make your own wine and beer, why would it be illegal to make your own pot? They compare them constantly as equal, actually as pot being the less harmful. If smoking it and having it is legal then growing it should be legal too. Especially since making your own beer and wine is legal.

Make it legal, I dont care but we shouldnt try to make it legal with the excuse its going to bring in money because it wont

If they make smoking and having legal but growing illegal then the growers are not taking any more risk than they are already taking and more people would be buying because its legal to have it.

If you get past the illegal sale who can prove your personal pot was grown by the government or by the guy next door? So half the risk, that is currently being taken would be a non risk.

Then you add in that someone would take the law to court, its legal to make your own wine and beer, why would it be illegal to make your own pot? They compare them constantly as equal, actually as pot being the less harmful. If smoking it and having it is legal then growing it should be legal too. Especially since making your own beer and wine is legal.

Make it legal, I dont care but we shouldnt try to make it legal with the excuse its going to bring in money because it wont

I know what you're saying but it could be manageable. You can only make very small amounts of booze legally and then it's supposed to be for your own use.

Just like the Revenuers went after stills for illegal moonshine production the same could be done for pot. In other words you take down the big guys and don't waste time or money investigating or arresting users. And the fact that you could buy pot legally (that wasn't the case with moonshine during prohibition) that takes most of the criminal eliminate out of it.

I don't think possession of small amounts by adults (say a few ounces) should be illegal anywhere even right now as it is

On legal sales though I'd be most for having the sale only legal out of State Stores so age ID's are checked and make the tax money off of it. It would also give tobacco farmers an alternative crop.

Good comparison in these clips... then... and now.

Just like the Revenuers went after stills for illegal moonshine production the same could be done for pot. In other words you take down the big guys and don't waste time or money investigating or arresting users.

The difference between manufacturing your own hard liquor and growing your own marijuana is that operating a still correctly is fairly complex (beyond what most people would want to invest in time, effort, and research). Whereas, anyone one with a flower pot, bag of potting soil, and a marijuana seed can grow their own pot right in their house. It is so easy, that I am sure that projected income from a marijuana tax is likely just "smoke". And, producers and users will morph into one and the same.

Werbung:
The difference between manufacturing your own hard liquor and growing your own marijuana is that operating a still correctly is fairly complex (beyond what most people would want to invest in time, effort, and research). Whereas, anyone one with a flower pot, bag of potting soil, and a marijuana seed can grow their own pot right in their house. It is so easy, that I am sure that projected income from a marijuana tax is likely just "smoke". And, producers and users will morph into one and the same.

If a person grew a few rows of dope in the back or front yard and some middle school age kids came and stole it, I wonder if the moms of the middle school kids can sue the home owner for getting the kids high? Who gets the fine/tickets?

That should be worked out too before it becomes legal.

Back