If Pot production were legal, projected tax revenues by state

I know what you're saying but it could be manageable. You can only make very small amounts of booze legally and then it's supposed to be for your own use.

Just like the Revenuers went after stills for illegal moonshine production the same could be done for pot. In other words you take down the big guys and don't waste time or money investigating or arresting users. And the fact that you could buy pot legally (that wasn't the case with moonshine during prohibition) that takes most of the criminal eliminate out of it.

I don't think possession of small amounts by adults (say a few ounces) should be illegal anywhere even right now as it is

On legal sales though I'd be most for having the sale only legal out of State Stores so age ID's are checked and make the tax money off of it. It would also give tobacco farmers an alternative crop.

Good comparison in these clips... then... and now.

There is no way to make everyone happy on this, so they should just give up and make it legal.

I think its sad for people at work stuck working with some one high on dope doing some job that may or may not get you injured, I think its sad for parents who dont want thier kids any more exposed to dope than they already are but its the way things are heading and we are probably just going to have to accept it and slowly figure out ways to deal with it.

Werbung:
2w57j81-1.png

When is this country going to wake up?

http://www.sloshspot.com/blog/11-13...ere-Legal-Projected-Tax-Revenues-by-State-245

I was quite surprised to 'NOT' see Kansas listed on there {anywhere}...especially since we 'DO NOT' have the 3 strikes rule your out going on...we have many a meth lab/crack cocaine/pot pusher around many of these little bergs as to almost have one in every block! And we have had many a record marijuana crop bust in the past 5 years...lots of woodlands and good soil to grow those superb plants!

The difference between manufacturing your own hard liquor and growing your own marijuana is that operating a still correctly is fairly complex (beyond what most people would want to invest in time, effort, and research). Whereas, anyone one with a flower pot, bag of potting soil, and a marijuana seed can grow their own pot right in their house. It is so easy, that I am sure that projected income from a marijuana tax is likely just "smoke". And, producers and users will morph into one and the same.

Fair point................... but you sound like you know a little too much about making a still.;)

If a person grew a few rows of dope in the back or front yard and some middle school age kids came and stole it, I wonder if the moms of the middle school kids can sue the home owner for getting the kids high? Who gets the fine/tickets?

That should be worked out too before it becomes legal.

I would think being a controlled substance just like booze liability for keeping it out of under age hands would fall on the owner.

I would think being a controlled substance just like booze liability for keeping it out of under age hands would fall on the owner.

But if you can grow it, you are bound to grow it outside right? What would stop kids from jumping your fence and snagging it?

I would think "progressives" would be against indoor growing because of the electricy waste.

The people I know who make their own wine and beer do it in the garage or pantry. Home made wine is the best by the way, much better than bottled stuff IMO

and how do we make sure people dont come to work high or get high at work?

Unlike pills and booze, there is no test that I know of to say if you are currently high, only that you have been at some point in the last month.

Are you willing to work with someone high on dope? I am not looking forward to that at all. Its bad enough to work with people who get high outside of work, they are slow and generally stupid. If I had to work with them while they were high, I think that could prove to be dangerous.

There is no way to make everyone happy on this, so they should just give up and make it legal.

I think its sad for people at work stuck working with some one high on dope doing some job that may or may not get you injured, I think its sad for parents who dont want thier kids any more exposed to dope than they already are but its the way things are heading and we are probably just going to have to accept it and slowly figure out ways to deal with it.

I think we're all in agreement that no one should be using or under the influence of pot or anything else at work.

And I doubt many parents want their children drinking alcohol either. But there are bars or liquor stores on almost every other block, you can't go to a grocery store and not see the displays & coolers full of booze. And TV commercials, print ads and billboards for drinking are everywhere.

With the laws right now as they are I can walk up to almost any 13 or 14 year old and they would tell me they can find pot anytime they want. Just like I did when I was 13 or 14.

So the question is do we continue wasting resources on busting a guy selling an ounce of weed or do we legalize possession for adults, manufacture a sellable product and help bring in some additional revenue through its taxation which in effect relieves some other tax burden?

I think a lot has to do with just getting over the false "it's a dangerous drug" stigma that's been pushed in America for years.

In other places where weed is legal it seems to have worked out pretty well.

If pot is to be legalized, there needs to be a license to grow it. That way, the licensee would be responsible to see that kids don't get it, and that whatever tax is imposed is collected. Of course, Pandora is right that people will grow their own if the price is too high, so taxes have to be limited. Nevertheless, some money would be generated, and a whole lot more saved by not going around chasing pot dealers and throwing them in jail. An additional benefit is that it wouldn't be cost effective to go into the national forests and national parks, cut the understory, and plant a pot "garden". Such "plantations" now create a hazard for the public as the owners sometimes protect their investment by force of arms, a nuisance as they use pesticides and fertilizers that get into the water supply, and a mess when they leave and leave all of their garbage and used equipment behind.

If it were grown in places like the west side of the San Joaquin valley, for example, it would be on private land, but would be remote enough to keep kids from stealing it. That would be a perfect place, would help the astronomical unemployment in that area, and would discourage clandestine plots on public land.

Furthermore, if growing pot is legal, then growing hemp should be too. Hemp could be grown with about 1/3 the water it takes to grow cotton, and it can be used to make cloth, paper, and a whole lot more. It would do more to ease the water shortage than that 11 billion water project that the state wants to build with money that they don't have.

As for "government" pot, who thinks it would be a good idea for the government to get into the pot business? It seems to me that would be a disaster.

government pot is what oregon wants to do. They call it "medical mary jane"
people growing dope for the government so the government can sell it to the guy with restless leg syndrome.

Perhaps they are wanting to sell it differntly in other states, I only keep up on oregon so I (wrongly) assumed its the way all states would want to do it.

Pandora said: Are you willing to work with someone high on dope? I am not looking forward to that at all. Its bad enough to work with people who get high outside of work, they are slow and generally stupid. If I had to work with them while they were high, I think that could prove to be dangerous.

You have a point...I'll admit that...but I've worked next to people who were: drunk on vodka, high on marijuana, hyped up on prescription drugs, wiped out on uppers, over medicated on Prozac, and wired on weight loss OTC things...so what do you think that your chances are for 'not' coming into contact with any of the ones that I've mentioned? And how the hell would you know? Most of the people that I came in contact with were very smooth at disguising their addiction {all in the medical field too}:rolleyes:

And before you tell me that I need to find a new vocation/place to work...that all was during my time as an Administrative Assistant in the LTC field!

You have a point...I'll admit that...but I've worked next to people who were: drunk on vodka, high on marijuana, hyped up on prescription drugs, wiped out on uppers, over medicated on Prozac, and wired on weight loss OTC things...so what do you think that your chances are for 'not' coming into contact with any of the ones that I've mentioned? And how the hell would you know? Most of the people that I came in contact with were very smooth at disguising their addiction {all in the medical field too}:rolleyes:

And before you tell me that I need to find a new vocation/place to work...that all was during my time as an Administrative Assistant in the LTC field!

Well as for drinking and most perscription meds you can call a supervisor who can drug test them right then and there and they are either fired, sent home or warned or something. But at least you can get them away from doing what ever job may have been dangerous.

That I know of there is no test to give someone to prove they are currently high on pot, so they would be able to come to work high, get high at work and get away with it.

I have never considered if diet pills or prozac can make you not quite all there at work, I wonder if thats happend that someone got hurt or hurt someone else at work due to being messed up on prozac or diet pills and I wonder if there is anything you could do about it. Good point there

It seems to me though that if we can put a man on the moon we can come up with a test to see if someone is currently high on pot like we test if someone is currently drunk.

When that is a for sure thing, its about the last thing I can think of stopping legal dope. At least for my personal objections.

If pot were legal I would for sure grow it and I would probably smoke it right before SNL with a bag of cheetos like the good old days when I was young and didnt follow the rules.

government pot is what oregon wants to do. They call it "medical mary jane"
people growing dope for the government so the government can sell it to the guy with restless leg syndrome.

Perhaps they are wanting to sell it differntly in other states, I only keep up on oregon so I (wrongly) assumed its the way all states would want to do it.

"Medical Mary Jane" sold by the state. LOL

At least we know that California doesn't have all of the crazies. Oregon must have some too.

I can remember when Mary Janes were little girl's black shoes with straps. Can you?

It occurs to me that, if we were to fire all of the drug abusers and alcoholics, the unemployment rate would be over 50%.

But, of course, not all of the druggies do their thing on the job.

Pandora said: If pot were legal I would for sure grow it and I would probably smoke it right before SNL with a bag of cheetos like the good old days when I was young and didnt follow the rules.

One of the best episodes of South Park...'dog gone those tell-tale signs of cheesy fingers and that stupid Cheshire cat grin from ear to ear' :D

Yep, those were the days :eek:

"Medical Mary Jane" sold by the state. LOL

At least we know that California doesn't have all of the crazies. Oregon must have some too.

I can remember when Mary Janes were little girl's black shoes with straps. Can you?

It occurs to me that, if we were to fire all of the drug abusers and alcoholics, the unemployment rate would be over 50%.

OK I'll admit it............. I remember little girls black strap shoes being called Mary Janes too.

Now I'm gonna go relax and spin some 45's after I gap the points on my chevy.;)

Absolutely!

I remember reading (several-years-ago) that a lot o' high-tech/computer/software-development companies were tolerating THC-levels (from "testing") up to a certain-level.

Their reasoning?

They were suggesting....if they adhered to standard/accepted THC-levels, they'd lose a bulk o' their most-innovative people!!!!

Werbung:
It seems to me though that if we can put a man on the moon we can come up with a test to see if someone is currently high on pot like we test if someone is currently drunk.
'Tis true.

You busy-bodies continually strive to make everyone (else) as bored & miserable as yourselves.

Is it possible you've got a little-too-much time on your hands....and, should probably find more-productive things to do, with that time....rather-than going-outta-your-way to jerk other people around???

:rolleyes:

Back