Iraq veteran's message to Obama

Werbung:

The first link to the Vet's ad... Its a good ad, I have seen it on the news. I dont know if that guy is still in the military but if he is and has to serve under Obama, I feel really sorry for him. I feel very sorry for any of our servicemen and women who will be forced to serve under Obama.

I wish there was a way to keep the military seperate so they did not have to serve under someone who they did not have respect for as a leader.

The second link, I have heard before. I think it might be in another thread. Its depressing

I think his point is made through the link Scot. Do you have a problem with him doing it that way? Is that against the boards policy?

The first link to the Vet's ad... Its a good ad, I have seen it on the news. I dont know if that guy is still in the military but if he is and has to serve under Obama, I feel really sorry for him. I feel very sorry for any of our servicemen and women who will be forced to serve under Obama.
Yeah.....it's been a real-cakewalk under The Idiot Son.

I wish there was a way to keep the military seperate so they did not have to serve under someone who they did not have respect for as a leader.
Leading-by-example would be a good start. :rolleyes:

The second link, I have heard before. I think it might be in another thread. Its depressing

that's why its good you have nothing to do with the Military, you know there are lots and lots of them who don't like Bush right? And lots that support Obama....maybe each party should have there own army?

if you knew anything about Military, its the office not the person they have to respect ....that's it.

that's why its good you have nothing to do with the Military, you know there are lots and lots of them who don't like Bush right? And lots that support Obama....maybe each party should have there own army?

if you knew anything about Military, its the office not the person they have to respect ....that's it.

There was recently a military poll, They overwhelmingly voted for McCain. Only the Blacks who were polls overwhelmingly supported Obama.

In 2004 and in 2000 the military overwhelmingly wanted the republican. Gore tried hard not to have Florida’s absentee military votes counted, he knew they were all Bush votes.

Under Clinton the troop morale was very low and was written about numerous times because it was decreasing steadily. It’s not like for us. Johnny Depp doesn’t like the USA so he moves to France, weirdo nuts in hollyweird say if they don’t get the president they want they will move to Canada.

If I get a governor I don’t want I can move to Washington, but the military is stuck till their contract is up. I feel for them. I am sorry you do not approve of me feeling for them.

Here are a couple of Polls that back what has been stated above.

"Military Times poll: Troops backing McCain

By Brendan McGarry - Staff writer
Posted : Thursday Oct 9, 2008 5:44:48 EDT

Sen. John McCain enjoys overwhelming support from the military’s professional core, a Military Times survey of nearly 4,300 readers, indicates, though career-oriented black service members strongly favored the Democratic Party candidate.

McCain, R-Ariz., handily defeated Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., 68 percent to 23 percent in a voluntary survey of 4,293 active-duty, National Guard and reserve subscribers and former subscribers to Army Times, Navy Times, Marine Corps Times and Air Force Times.

The results of the Military Times 2008 Election Poll are not representative of the opinions of the military as a whole. The group surveyed is older, more senior in rank and less ethnically diverse than the overall armed services.

But as a snapshot of careerists, the results suggest Democrats have gained little ground in their attempts to significantly chip away at a traditionally Republican voting bloc in campaign messages and legislative initiatives, such as the recent expansion of GI Bill benefits, experts said."

DID EVERYONE SEE WHERE THE VOTES FROM THE MILITARY WERE BEING THROWN AWAY??? This is an outrage, that I haven't seen on MASS MEDIA! CAN ANY LIBBER GIVE US AN PROOF THEY HAVE EVEN REPORTED THIS ATROCITY?

Military Poll on Presidential Election

"Average Americans may be falling for the Obama propaganda that he’s looking out for us, but the same cannot be said about our men and women in uniform. In large numbers, they recognize that Barack Obama is not a friend to those who risk their lives for our nation and its citizens. Of course, his comments about Afghanistan and accusing our soldiers of air raiding villages and killing civilians does not win him any friends in the military.

The Air Force Times reports about a poll run by the Military Times to analyze where our military stands on the presidential election."

Any responses?

Here are a couple of Polls that back what has been stated above.

"Military Times poll: Troops backing McCain

By Brendan McGarry - Staff writer
Posted : Thursday Oct 9, 2008 5:44:48 EDT

Sen. John McCain enjoys overwhelming support from the military’s professional core, a Military Times survey of nearly 4,300 readers, indicates, though career-oriented black service members strongly favored the Democratic Party candidate.

McCain, R-Ariz., handily defeated Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., 68 percent to 23 percent in a voluntary survey of 4,293 active-duty, National Guard and reserve subscribers and former subscribers to Army Times, Navy Times, Marine Corps Times and Air Force Times.

The results of the Military Times 2008 Election Poll are not representative of the opinions of the military as a whole. The group surveyed is older, more senior in rank and less ethnically diverse than the overall armed services.

But as a snapshot of careerists, the results suggest Democrats have gained little ground in their attempts to significantly chip away at a traditionally Republican voting bloc in campaign messages and legislative initiatives, such as the recent expansion of GI Bill benefits, experts said."

DID EVERYONE SEE WHERE THE VOTES FROM THE MILITARY WERE BEING THROWN AWAY??? This is an outrage, that I haven't seen on MASS MEDIA! CAN ANY LIBBER GIVE US AN PROOF THEY HAVE EVEN REPORTED THIS ATROCITY?

Military Poll on Presidential Election

"Average Americans may be falling for the Obama propaganda that he’s looking out for us, but the same cannot be said about our men and women in uniform. In large numbers, they recognize that Barack Obama is not a friend to those who risk their lives for our nation and its citizens. Of course, his comments about Afghanistan and accusing our soldiers of air raiding villages and killing civilians does not win him any friends in the military.

The Air Force Times reports about a poll run by the Military Times to analyze where our military stands on the presidential election."

Any responses?

I think its this same poll but with the break down of numbers for groups
men women white black other exc.
that I posted last week, its in the "all polls go here" section

The military by far would rather have McCain.

Do you think it was wrong for me to feel bad for them should Obama get elected and they will have to serve under someone they dont really want to serve under?

I got beat up for my post earlier when I said I felt bad for them.

If that makes you feel better about supporting McMaverick then more power to you, but a few things should be considered....

For what its worth, It turns out the poll's methodology is seriously flawed. Responses came from subscribers to the Military Times, not a random sample of the military. The poll was also voluntary and sent through email. According to the Military Times, its readers tend to be officers, significantly older than the average military age, and under-representative of minorities. All of these variables affect the outcome of polls.

By those standards, I could poll the Mt Carmel neighborhood in K.C. and state that McMaverick will never take the state of Kansas which is hardcore red.

Werbung:
If that makes you feel better about supporting McMaverick then more power to you, but a few things should be considered....

For what its worth, It turns out the poll's methodology is seriously flawed. Responses came from subscribers to the Military Times, not a random sample of the military. The poll was also voluntary and sent through email. According to the Military Times, its readers tend to be officers, significantly older than the average military age, and under-representative of minorities. All of these variables affect the outcome of polls.

By those standards, I could poll the Mt Carmel neighborhood in K.C. and state that McMaverick will never take the state of Kansas which is hardcore red.

Those are interesting facts about that poll, I will go back and see if I can find that same information.

Are you suggesting that the military in general would rathar have Obama over McCain?

Back