Keith Olbermann on Gay Marriage

Werbung:
he should have brought this up before the vote, it was black people who came out in droves to vote for obama and vote for prop 8

he might have compelled them to vote otherwise, and why isnt he on obama because obama said he is AGAINST homosexual marriage

he should have brought this up before the vote, it was black people who came out in droves to vote for obama and vote for prop 8

he might have compelled them to vote otherwise, and why isnt he on obama because obama said he is AGAINST homosexual marriage

Obama opposed prop 8, saying..

“As the Democratic nominee for President, I am proud to join with and support the LGBT community in an effort to set our nation on a course that recognizes LGBT Americans with full equality under the law…And that is why I oppose the divisive and discriminatory efforts to amend the California Constitution, and similar efforts to amend the U.S. Constitution or those of other states.”

http://www.noonprop8.com/obama

Obama opposed prop 8, saying..

“As the Democratic nominee for President, I am proud to join with and support the LGBT community in an effort to set our nation on a course that recognizes LGBT Americans with full equality under the law…And that is why I oppose the divisive and discriminatory efforts to amend the California Constitution, and similar efforts to amend the U.S. Constitution or those of other states.”

http://www.noonprop8.com/obama

I can give you several differnt youtubes where he said he believed marriage was between one man and one woman, but that he had no problem with civil unions exc.

one of the things that helped prop 8 pass was a recording of obama saying that auto dialing houses in calif.

if he has flipped his views since he has said these things, I had not known that

I have heard a number of people say that before. Many of them african american. I wonder if that might not be why they voted for it in record high numbers

What's with the "record high numbers?" Sure, Hispanics and African Americans supported prop 8 in higher percentages that whites, but what "record' are you talking about?

What's with the "record high numbers?" Sure, Hispanics and African Americans supported prop 8 in higher percentages that whites, but what "record' are you talking about?

the news said 78 percent of all blacks voted for prop 8
and the black turn out was much higher than usual due to obama

Apparently there were also auto calls with obamas voice saying he believed marriage was for one man and one woman, a "snippit" from one of his speeches. From what I understand he never gave permission for them to use his voice. it could be some blacks voted that way thinking its what obama believed in, and some just personally believe its between one man and one woman.

the hispanic vote went for prop 8 too but not overwhelmingly like the black vote did.

had keith olbermann did this same speech comparing it to the injustice that blacks had in history they may have voted differntly ?

I could only stand listening to half of Olbermann's rant, but here's some response.

- He says they took away homosexuals "right" to marry - there has never been such a right.

- He says "What is it to you?". Firstly, people realize that it's an attempt by gays to usurp a 10,000 year old heterosexual institution for the purpose of "mainstreaming" themselves, or forcing people to look at them as "normal".
But an even better indication of "what is it to you" was when a protestant church in san diego had its tax exmption removed when it refused to marry a lesbian couple.

- The king of smear talks emotionally about love - who is trying to keep homosexuals apart who are in love? Nobody - bogus straw man.

- He brings in the bogus argument about race. But blacks' rights were guaranteed after the civil war by the
14th and other amendments - there never was such an amendment for homosexuals.

The majority of california voters, mostly liberals, got this one right.

I could only stand listening to half of Olbermann's rant, but here's some response.

- He says they took away homosexuals "right" to marry - there has never been such a right.

- He says "What is it to you?". Firstly, people realize that it's an attempt by gays to usurp a 10,000 year old heterosexual institution for the purpose of "mainstreaming" themselves, or forcing people to look at them as "normal".
But an even better indication of "what is it to you" was when a protestant church in san diego had its tax exmption removed when it refused to marry a lesbian couple.

- The king of smear talks emotionally about love - who is trying to keep homosexuals apart who are in love? Nobody - bogus straw man.

- He brings in the bogus argument about race. But blacks' rights were guaranteed after the civil war by the

There is no "right" for straight people as well, lets get rid of it.

You have a link supporting your assertion that a protestant church in San Diego had its tax exemption removed when it refused to marry a lesbian couple? That doesn't sound right to me.

When Olbermann asks.."what is it to you?" he asks a question that befuddles me as well..I mean whats the big deal? How is allowing homosexuals to marry going to negatively impact you or your marriage?

It might be a good idea if they got the state out of the marriage business entirely.. states could still do civil unions. The churches could handle marriages, some would marry homosexuals, some wouldn't..seems to me everybody would be happy.

BTW Libs, to suggest that those with a different sexual identity than yourself aren't "normal" is rather neanderthal...don't you think? Unfortunately, you are far from the only person who thinks that way..I suspect the real reason prop 8 didn't pass is because of a mass outbreak of homophobia.

Be assured though that it's only a matter of time until Gays achieve the ability to marry...exit polls showed that young voters of all stripes opposed the measure, in fact if those above 65 hadn't voted prop 8 would have gone down.

Werbung:
Be assured though that it's only a matter of time until Gays achieve the ability to marry...exit polls showed that young voters of all stripes opposed the measure, in fact if those above 65 hadn't voted prop 8 would have gone down.

Agree completely. This will change, I'm sure in my lifetime. In the words of my 11 year old daughter: "Mom, why do people care if 2 gay people who love each other get married? Why does it bother them?"

Up until the late 60's there were quite a few states that banned interracial marriage. That changed as well.

Back