Mort Kondracke: Fire conservative talk show hosts

Werbung:
I'm not loyal to any party but my observation is that talk radio hasn't killed the Republican Party, Bush has.

And many said the Democratic Party was dead, nothing new, party for old people when Kerry lost. Things can and do change over 4yrs.

Actually, Bush didn't kill the Republican Party. Vacillation did. Just as in the Democrat party, there are a broad range of sub-factions. The core plank of the Republican part was Conservatism in government resulting in fiscal responsibility. The social aspects ranging from ultra-Conservative to moderate were what prompted the "big tent" philosophy.

That in itself is not the problem. Republicans can continue to debate the pros and cons of social issues, from abortion to gay rights, etc. But the bedrock has been corrupted by spend-thrift Republicans. Bush has not exemplified or even encouraged fiscal responsibility, but for the most part Congress holds the purse strings.

RINO's are what has harmed the Republican party. That, and their on-going propensity to throw anyone under the bus to help maintain, what I perceive as, a self-righteous, bi-partisan, cooperative spirit appearance.

You are so right, too. The Democrats have been on life-support numerous times over the past 30 years, and the balance has shifted back and forth, not too far from center.

Originally Posted by pocketfullofshells
Bush is the product of a Dumbed down party that wanted Bush, dont put this on Bush, its on the voters who put him there and felt he was the best to lead the nation.
I put it on Bush.

In this context, I agree, to a point. In the 2000 primaries, Bush was not my first choice. But I knew that AlGore had to go out and do his work for the global warming hoax ;), so on election day, Bush was the only viable candidate to me. Regardless of my reservations about and differences with Bush, I'm very thankful that he was there on 9/11 instead of AlGore.

Most of the Republican party is certainly not dumbed down. If anything that is the bailiwick of the Democrat party. When you have over 3/4 of your party who cannot pass a simple Civics quiz, it's pretty pathetic. Voting for a candidate when they can tell you absolutely nothing about that person.

Yep, the Communist Manifesto is working; infiltrate the schools, delude the masses, and voila! You've got election results 2008.

Yes, this is the same Mort Kondracke who is a regular on Faux News..he's no liberal. He has an interesting solution to the recent GOP woes..stop allowing the leading right wing talk shows hosts to set the Republican agenda.

Kondracke is correct, though Limbaugh, Hannity etc. do a great job preaching to the choir...that's all they're doing, while at the same time going off on tangents, his citing of Terry Schiavo and immigration are great examples, that are either completely at odds with the vast majority of the American public or an important demographic.

Of course, what Kondracke says makes way too much sense...lets hope his advice isn't followed.

http://www.republican-leadership.com/node/679

Mort Kondracke certainly IS liberal. He's not extremely so, but he is definitely left of center. Unfortunately, the MSM has done such a good job of slanting left and convincing so many that they're objective and center, anything that truly IS objective and center now seems to be right of center.

The perception of what is normal does not alter what normal truly is. The perception of what is objective does not alter what objective is. Mort has been the Liberal/Democrat counterpart of Fred Barnes for the Beltway Boys. Mort is one of those that I can usually respect, even when I disagree with him. He is intellectually honest and generally respectful of opposing views.

If you would bother to actually watch and learn, instead of just trolling for the Fox clips that suit your personal agenda, you might understand that. But since you don't have a clue.

Actually, if the Republican party had started listening to the Talking Right-Heads a bit sooner they'd probably be in a better position right now. And so would the country. Instead, we're facing a potential left-wing firestorm that very well may decimate our business climate and economy in short order.

Sorry, Mort. Wrong again.

Actually, Bush didn't kill the Republican Party. Vacillation did. Just as in the Democrat party, there are a broad range of sub-factions. The core plank of the Republican part was Conservatism in government resulting in fiscal responsibility. The social aspects ranging from ultra-Conservative to moderate were what prompted the "big tent" philosophy.

That in itself is not the problem. Republicans can continue to debate the pros and cons of social issues, from abortion to gay rights, etc. But the bedrock has been corrupted by spend-thrift Republicans. Bush has not exemplified or even encouraged fiscal responsibility, but for the most part Congress holds the purse strings.

RINO's are what has harmed the Republican party. That, and their on-going propensity to throw anyone under the bus to help maintain, what I perceive as, a self-righteous, bi-partisan, cooperative spirit appearance.

You are so right, too. The Democrats have been on life-support numerous times over the past 30 years, and the balance has shifted back and forth, not too far from center.

Right on the mark. I gave a depthless response to a languid post.

For the record...the voting public has offered Obama a chance. He seemed eagar and energetic and offered 'change' and I wish him the best. However, his supporters should be observing him with a discerning eye, after all he is just a politician and a public servant. This phenomenon where people are drunk with adoration escapes me. It will be a welcome relief voting next time....he'll have a track record.

Right on the mark. I gave a depthless response to a languid post.

For the record...the voting public has offered Obama a chance. He seemed eagar and energetic and offered 'change' and I wish him the best. However, his supporters should be observing him with a discerning eye, after all he is just a politician and a public servant. This phenomenon where people are drunk with adoration escapes me. It will be a welcome relief voting next time....he'll have a track record.

So true, so true. I need to post my Obama Rating System I've been toying with. In fact, when I get it live, that wil most likely title it exactly that.

He does not say they should be fired in general or in any way silenced. They should simply be "fired from being the intellectual bosses of the GOP." There is a huge difference.

I would agree. I dont get rush, he isnt broadcast in my area. But I have heard him, and watch as much Fox as I do any of the other cable news networks, and it often appears to me that the various commentators
(which are much more influencial than most politicians) seem to take things a step in a different direction than what is realistic in DC. But that is just my perception.

Why have a GOP at all? Lets just have a one party system, like Soviet Russia, and let the Democrats control everything. That seems to be the plan anyway, so lets stop beating around the bush and open the concentration camps for political re-education... and while we're at it, execute dissenters - as dissent is no longer patriotic when a Democrat is in the White House.

My proposal for a long time has been the exact opposite. A no party system.
No party affiliation on the ballot, no spending from parties that arent allowed by other PACs. A nomination process that involves signature gathering, and not automatic presence on the ballot by the big two. Ill go more into another time, but Id rather have no parties than I would 1,2,3...parties.

That would be a great idea...not you getting executed but the GOP splitting apart. The party would quickly go from barely relevant, as they are now, to completely irrelevant...which is the hope of all forward thinking Americans.

A signifigant split in either major party would certainly handicap that side of the political spectrum. That certainly didnt happen concerning the PUMA movement, and I doubt you will see this happen in the near future. There is to much money at stake for both sides of a potential split to make it forseeable(at this point, who knows about in 4 years)

Rhodri and TruthAA,
To address a few things. Firstly, a huge portion of the defeat of McCain is directed directly towards the Bush administration. He would have been a great candidate following anyone but Bush. I wish I could have had the opportunity to vote McCain in 2000.
The democrats could have put up a wax doll of Truman and beat the GOP this time around.

Yes, this is the same Mort Kondracke who is a regular on Faux News..he's no liberal. He has an interesting solution to the recent GOP woes..stop allowing the leading right wing talk shows hosts to set the Republican agenda.

Kondracke is correct, though Limbaugh, Hannity etc. do a great job preaching to the choir...that's all they're doing, while at the same time going off on tangents, his citing of Terry Schiavo and immigration are great examples, that are either completely at odds with the vast majority of the American public or an important demographic.

Of course, what Kondracke says makes way too much sense...lets hope his advice isn't followed.

http://www.republican-leadership.com/node/679

He knows his time @ fox is almost over. Britt Hume is leaving and he's partof his panel.
I've gotten to like Sean Hannity, ever since the other net works sold out to Obama. Although sometimes he goes on the tangents of the same topics. However, this guy Kondracke, I don't know, he looks like he's dead already...:D

He's just a commentator and he's free to speak his mind. He doesn't run the repub party tho...

So true, so true. I need to post my Obama Rating System I've been toying with. In fact, when I get it live, that wil most likely title it exactly that.

He's already drifting from promises. Employing lobbyists and Washington insiders (change?), distancing himself from Iran (no pre-conditions?), he'll change his thoughts on taxes as well.

Why I bring Obama into this thread is because he could fail and disappoint just like any other president. Will his supporters hold him to the high ideals he's peddled over the last two years? I think he'll get a pass. When you invest emotionally to this degree in politics, such as these Obama devotees have done, it will be tough to criticize him.

Rhodri and TruthAA,
To address a few things. Firstly, a huge portion of the defeat of McCain is directed directly towards the Bush administration. He would have been a great candidate following anyone but Bush. I wish I could have had the opportunity to vote McCain in 2000.
The democrats could have put up a wax doll of Truman and beat the GOP this time around.

You speak the truth.

Werbung:
My proposal for a long time has been the exact opposite. A no party system.
No party affiliation on the ballot, no spending from parties that arent allowed by other PACs. A nomination process that involves signature gathering, and not automatic presence on the ballot by the big two. Ill go more into another time, but Id rather have no parties than I would 1,2,3...parties.

That sounds good to me except I can see a few poblems in really high liberal areas and really high conservative areas.

In some places like Texas or Utah the only two choices on the ballot would be the two strongest conservative types and the only two choices in SF and NY would be uber liberal types. It may come down to that anyways I guess.

It would be worth a try

Back