Steele: Limbaugh is not the leader of the GOP

Popeye

In an interview on CNN Saturday night, Steele claimed Limbaugh was not the leader of the Republican Party.."Let's put it in the context here," said Steele. "Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush Limbaugh, his whole thing is entertainment."

In reference to Limbaugh's comments about wanting Obama to fail..."Yes, it's incendiary," Steele added. "Yes, it's ugly."

The Dittoheads aren't going to like that Mr. Steele...not to mention Limbaugh. In fact, there's word that Rush has fired back on his radio show this morning:

"I'm not in charge of the Republican Party, and I don't want to be. I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in a sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit."

Stay tuned.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...le-if-i-were-gop-chairman-id-quit.php?ref=fp1

Werbung:
Rush is much more a conservative than he is a republican. He is a talk show host, not the leader of the republican party. Everyone knows that

Well, nobody told Limbaugh...he seemed to take offense at Steele's assertion that he was only an "entertainer."

"So I am an entertainer and I have 20 million listeners because of my great song and dance routine," Limbaugh said. "Michael Steele, you are head of the Republican National Committee. You are not head of the Republican party. Tens of millions of conservatives and Republicans have nothing to do with the Republican National Committee...and when you call them asking for money, they hang up on you."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/02/steele-takes-on-rush-limb_n_171135.html

Well, nobody told Limbaugh...he seemed to take offense at Steele's assertion that he was only an "entertainer."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/02/steele-takes-on-rush-limb_n_171135.html

He is more than just an entertainer, he inspires people to think and to speak up, and he gives us all a way to communicate with eachother through his program.

I am very glad we have him and Hannity and Beck
And I hear Fred Thompson starts a new show to replace Bill O who left radio

I like to listen to all of them. Savage bothers me a bit but if he is on an obama rant I like it :)

And I hear Fred Thompson starts a new show to replace Bill O who left radio

I hope Thompson sounds more active and involved than he did during the Prez campaign. I was rooting for him, but sometimes I got the feeling he wasn't all that interested in being President. No wonder he was the first one out.

He is more than just an entertainer, he inspires people to think and to speak up, and he gives us all a way to communicate with eachother through his program.

Well, no need to worry....Tom Steele is now kissing Limbaugh's butt

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”

Steele wimps out

Most of Limbaugh's audience, of course, listens to him, not because they agree with him, but because he agrees with them.

He hasn't changed many people's minds, I'd guess. Not that he needs to. Personally, I started listening when my sister strongly recommended him. I thought, great, last thing I need is to hear a bunch of people ignorant of what's going on, calling in to expound on what's going on. I'm plenty ignorant enough, and I don't need more of it. But I tuned in, just to see why my sister was so up on him.

When I found the station on the dial, I heard a man talking about racism, and more importantly about DESCRIPTIONS of racism. He was saying that one reason a lot of people don't like the Democrat party, is that they annoyed when they hear themselves called "racist" when they're not, called "bigoted" when in fact they never pay attention to someone's race or color.

That got my attention. I had never heard such a sentiment expressed on the air. Only descriptions of this racist or that one, how much "we" owed minorities, how oppressed they are, etc. The idea that most people are NOT racist, though I knew it well, had never been expressed in a public forum that I'd heard.

Limbaugh didn't convert me to any new ideas, or to anything I hadn't previously believed. Rather, I simply found him saying things I'd always agreed with... things that had never been aired where I could hear them publicly.

Presently he has some 20,000,000 listeners. Sounds like a lot, but that means there are 280,000,000 Americans who DON'T listen to him. I mentioned him to my mother at one point, and she said she didn't bother listening to him because he was way too sure of himself, "conceited", she finally said. Not a surprising reaction - Limbaugh is VERY sure he is right, and couldn't run a radio show as he does, without it.

My point in mentioning dear old Mom, is to point out that there could be a number of people who agree with Limbaugh's sentiments, but who don't like to listen to him.

As mentioned earlier, most Americans are conservatives. That is, they live their lives conservatively. The pay their bills on time, pull their own weight, and don't expect their neighbors to pitch in and help them. They contribute to charities, and DO help their friends and neighbors when they need it, but frown on anyone trying to FORCE them to do those things... just as they frown on the idea of their neighbors being FORCED to help them, even when they need help. They are, in a word, conservative. And most Americans are that way.

That some of these people turn around and vote for politicians who promise to do exactly that, through liberal tax increases, welfare programs, and government-coerced "spread the wealth" programs, is an enduring mystery. These are people who would never steal a dollar from their neighbor themselves, but who have no problem voting for politicians to do it for them.

Many have drunk the standard Kool-aide of "Conservatives are terrible, heartless, and evil, and Limbaugh is the worst of the worst of them". To a man, they have not listened to Limbaugh, but simply take the word of those benevolent politicians that it must be so; and so they stay away.

There's a great pool of conservatives out ther who currently don't vote conservative. Some of them don't because they have noticed that no conservatives have run for major office in the last few elections. Others don't because of their Kool-aide beliefs. But all of them can come out for conservatism, once they see one with the amount of media backing Barack Obama got, combined with the conservatism of a Ron Paul with a little common sense mixed in.

Only problem is, it's going to be a LONG time before the former shows up, and an unknown amount of time before the latter does.

Modern liberalism has peaked. We will never see a modern-liberal candidate get as many votes as Barack Obama did, ever again. Whether we start seeing a conservative (i.e. a smaller-govt, freedom-and-personal-responsibility avocate) do it, remains to be seen. First we have to find one.

Little Acorn,

He has changed some of my thinking.

But then again I used to be further left than Castro :)

I remember the first time I saw him was when he had a tv show and I thought I found new comedy. I do remember some of what he said sounded logical but I brushed it off.

Years later after I started my turn to conservative values I came across him again on the radio and I found myself in agreement more often but there are a few places that he changed my thinking, though I cant think of any right now. I think Michael Medvid (spelling) and the black avenger were the ones who really helped me get out of left field though more so than Rush

Well, no need to worry....Tom Steele is now kissing Limbaugh's butt

Steele wimps out

I dont know about kissing it, but I dont think he meant it to be an attack.
Rush attacked back on the radio and he probably should not have until he was sure Mr. Steele meant what he said the way Rush took it.

The media needs to stop trying to find republicans who will bad mouth Rush

I dont know about kissing it, but I dont think he meant it to be an attack.
Rush attacked back on the radio and he probably should not have until he was sure Mr. Steele meant what he said the way Rush took it.

The media needs to stop trying to find republicans who will bad mouth Rush

Steele is the chairman of the Republican party...but you value Limbaugh's opinion more than his. Of course, you're hardly alone...which is why Limbaugh is viewed by outsiders as the de facto leader of the GOP.

The meek Steele apology is just another confirmation that he is nothing but a token chairman....how embarrassing this must be for him.

Steele is the chairman of the Republican party...but you value Limbaugh's opinion more than his. Of course, you're hardly alone...which is why Limbaugh is viewed by outsiders as the de facto leader of the GOP.

The meek Steele apology is just another confirmation that he is nothing but a token chairman....how embarrassing this must be for him.

Well Popeye I am a regesterd democrat and "IF" I were a regestered republican that does not mean I have to agree with Steele. I agree with Glenn Beck more than I agree with Rush, I think I agree with Hannity more than I agree with Rush.

I dont know enough about Michael Steele to agree or not agree with him really and its just flat stupid to agree with him because he is the spoksman for your party. IMO

Well Popeye I am a regesterd democrat and "IF" I were a regestered republican that does not mean I have to agree with Steele. I agree with Glenn Beck more than I agree with Rush, I think I agree with Hannity more than I agree with Rush.

I dont know enough about Michael Steele to agree or not agree with him really and its just flat stupid to agree with him because he is the spoksman for your party. IMO

Yeah, but listen to this..

"I went back at that tape and I realized words that I said weren't what I was thinking," Steele said. "It was one of those things where I thinking I was saying one thing, and it came out differently. What I was trying to say was a lot of people ... want to make Rush the scapegoat, the bogeyman, and he's not."

How humiliating...you can almost hear the bullwhip cracking in the background.

Werbung:
Back