Obama: America voting Republicans into majorities will result in"hand-to-hand combat"

Little-Acorn

When I first saw that headline, I thought it was some hysterical blogger exaggerating for all he was worth (which isn't much). But no, the President himself used those words, in public, apparently to describe the Democrats' response to a vote they disagreed with.

He likely meant it metaphorically. Still, might it be time to send Bill Clinton to have a little talk with the other black president behind the woodshed, about being careful in using language that might incite violence?

BTW, now Obama is calling in on radio talk shows to try to get people's attention. Is that what "Change" has come to? Or maybe "Hope"?

If he believes that calling in on a radio talk show is an appropriate venue for the President of the United States, why doesn't he call in on Rush Limbaugh's show? I'm sure Limbaugh would put him on the air immediately. And the audience would be anywhere from ten to a hundred times larger than anything he'd find on Baisden's show.

-------------------------------

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-base-20101008,0,3160644.story

GOP takeover of Congress would mean 'hand-to-hand combat,' Obama warns

By Michael A. Memoli, Tribune Washington Bureau
Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010
3:36 p.m. PDT

A Republican majority would threaten policies to stabilize the economy, the president says during a radio interview, part of an effort to rally key Democratic constituencies.

Washington — A Republican majority in Congress would mean "hand-to-hand combat" on Capitol Hill for the next two years, threatening policies Democrats have enacted to stabilize the economy, President Obama warned Wednesday.

Speaking on Michael Baisden's syndicated radio show, Obama also made a direct appeal to African Americans about the importance of the November vote, even though he's not on the ballot himself.

Obama called into Baisden's show, syndicated to 71 radio stations in 21 states, as part of his effort to rally core Democratic constituencies with less than four weeks before the election. Although his campaign itinerary is limited by sagging approval ratings in key states, Obama is making a more-targeted effort focused on supportive venues like Baisden's show.

"They [Republicans] are fired up. They are mobilized. They see an opportunity to take back the House, maybe take back the Senate," he said. "If they're successful in doing that, they've already said they're going to go back to the same policies that were in place during the Bush administration. That means that we are going to have just hand-to-hand combat up here on Capitol Hill."

Werbung:
Re: Obama: America voting Republicans into majorities will result in"hand-to-hand com

That sounds like something he would say

not long ago he said he would take a gun to a knife fight (meaning a fight with republicans)

Re: Obama: America voting Republicans into majorities will result in"hand-to-hand com

I don't remember seeing any other president react and lash out at the public as this president does. it demeans the office of the Presdency and make Obama small.

Werbung:

I don't remember seeing any other president react and lash out at the public as this president does. it demeans the office of the Presdency and make Obama small.

He is small minded all right...

Can you imagine what the press' response had Bush said such hateful, intolerant, and idiotic words? But, its all cool when their messiah says sh*t.

Back