Never Buy a GM car again!

asur

There, I spoke my piece. Those that are wise Americans, will avoid Government Motor cars in the future.

The Obama admin will soon make the crap cars,
that they themselves refused to buy, in the past.
This is called CHANGE!

Building small, inferior and unsafe cars is the predictable Obama plan.
Just as long as they get ~ 35 mpg.

It's really that simple.

If that plan is followed, then the GM cars
will really turn out to be overpriced, crappy ones.
Government Motors will simply suck billions of tax dollars each
year that is operates.

True Americans should buy Ford, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai and cars from other companies.

The two corrupt, car companies to avoid will be Fiat/Chysler and GM Government Motors. They both have stolen money from taxpayers that will never be paid back, NEVER!

There UAW is also the problem not the solution.

Werbung:
There, I spoke my piece. Those that are wise Americans, will avoid Government Motor cars in the future.

This is called CHANGE!

It's really that simple.

year that is operates.

True Americans should buy Ford, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai and cars from other companies.

The two corrupt, car companies to avoid will be Fiat/Chysler and GM Government Motors. They both have stolen money from taxpayers that will never be paid back, NEVER!

Ill never buy a GM car again, so far only Ford has not gotten in bed with obama and thankfully I drive a ford, though I have never liked fords that much I will learn to love them. I have always liked Jeep and Dodge but I dont think they are American anymore. I dont want any car that is run by or involved in this government.

This is called CHANGE!

It's really that simple.

year that is operates.

Would that it were so easy. If you look up a chart of the ownership of car companies around the world you will find a bewilderingly incestuous mass of interconnections, all the companies are financially intertwined to a greater or lesser degree.

I object to the vast amounts of money being flushed down the drain too, but just not buying GM or Chrysler won't keep your hands clean--though it may make a significant political statement. Our next truck will be a Ford too.

This is called CHANGE!

That's right let's all be like asur and pout!

Americans can't make good quality fuel efficient cars because we're weak & stupid. I mean my wife has the exact same car in the gas version as the new Volkswagen Jetta with their clean turbo diesel, the Jetta TDI that is comfortable, rides & handles really well on dry roads or snow, has some of the best interior lighting in the business, a 5 star crash test rating, AND GETS 58 MPG HIGHWAY...

but we could never ever do anything like that because we're all doom and gloom crybabies.:rolleyes:

And don't let the facts get in the way that just a couple days ago the Union made all the final economic concessions they were asked to make... :rolleyes:

asur... the General Custer of car talk!
:D

This is called CHANGE!

It's really that simple.

year that is operates.

I am sure they wil be hurt alot from the loss of sales to people who dont have a clue about cars....

Sit and cry becuse GM will not keep making the crappy cars no one wanted and that lead them to have to be bailed out and go chapt 11...Whaaa I want more Hummers and big SUV's that dont sell! No more cars that people want that are smaller get better mpg, and are actuly yes, safe. And its funny when people cry that forceing them to get better mpg is killing them...when its one of the main reasons Japans care outsell them..better mpg is a huge draw for sales these days...and the car companies actuly are currently doing better then the goverment standard set....yes, they actuly are more effecient then they need to be right now, becuse its what people want. of course you live in some dream world where you think the road to the futre of cars in paved in gas sucking large cars.....sure those are teh same cars sitting on lots for a year unsold. Thats why just to get some Durangos off a lot in chi...a dealer gave you a free PT Cruiser if you got one. Yea thats right it takes a buy one get a free car to sell the damn things.

I want to see you go into sales, and try to go sell those cars you think they need to keep making, I will sell the smaller better mpg cars and we shall see who does better.....Its logic like yours that put these companies where they are, its logic like mine that has Honda and others doing better ( ford got on the ball late, but far before GM and Chrysler I think only got it about a week ago.... the nice 3.5 ecoboost moter ( big power good mpg) the Fusion Hybred ( would not be shocked to see it car of the year in 2010) the popular Focus getting lighter, better mpg ( and yes the safty ratings went up on it)

I am sure they wil be hurt alot from the loss of sales to people who dont have a clue about cars....

Sit and cry becuse GM will not keep making the crappy cars no one wanted and that lead them to have to be bailed out and go chapt 11...Whaaa I want more Hummers and big SUV's that dont sell! No more cars that people want that are smaller get better mpg, and are actuly yes, safe. And its funny when people cry that forceing them to get better mpg is killing them...when its one of the main reasons Japans care outsell them..better mpg is a huge draw for sales these days...and the car companies actuly are currently doing better then the goverment standard set....yes, they actuly are more effecient then they need to be right now, becuse its what people want. of course you live in some dream world where you think the road to the futre of cars in paved in gas sucking large cars.....sure those are teh same cars sitting on lots for a year unsold. Thats why just to get some Durangos off a lot in chi...a dealer gave you a free PT Cruiser if you got one. Yea thats right it takes a buy one get a free car to sell the damn things.

I want to see you go into sales, and try to go sell those cars you think they need to keep making, I will sell the smaller better mpg cars and we shall see who does better.....Its logic like yours that put these companies where they are, its logic like mine that has Honda and others doing better ( ford got on the ball late, but far before GM and Chrysler I think only got it about a week ago.... the nice 3.5 ecoboost moter ( big power good mpg) the Fusion Hybred ( would not be shocked to see it car of the year in 2010) the popular Focus getting lighter, better mpg ( and yes the safty ratings went up on it)

Once again... you keep talking about which cars the companies should focus on... but GM out sold everyone in the US. It was the NUMBER ONE AUTO MAKER IN THE US...........

So dump that crap mobile "they should have" blaw blaw blaw.... GM doesn't have a problem selling cars. They have a problem making money on the cars because their LABOR COSTS ARE TOO HIGH.

We've been over this a million times, and I don't know why I have to repeat it like a broken record. We don't need to talk about "well I think GM should have made the YUGO II revenge mobile, built like a GEO Metro with less power, and more plastic".....

Again.... GM is the NUMBER ONE SELLER IN THE US. They don't need your theory as to what car to make. Their cars are selling, and very well. The problem is they are not making profit, because.... THE LABOR COST IS TOO HIGH.

Now, does anyone else not understand this?

Once again... you keep talking about which cars the companies should focus on... but GM out sold everyone in the US. It was the NUMBER ONE AUTO MAKER IN THE US...........

So dump that crap mobile "they should have" blaw blaw blaw.... GM doesn't have a problem selling cars. They have a problem making money on the cars because their LABOR COSTS ARE TOO HIGH.

We've been over this a million times, and I don't know why I have to repeat it like a broken record. We don't need to talk about "well I think GM should have made the YUGO II revenge mobile, built like a GEO Metro with less power, and more plastic".....

Again.... GM is the NUMBER ONE SELLER IN THE US. They don't need your theory as to what car to make. Their cars are selling, and very well. The problem is they are not making profit, because.... THE LABOR COST IS TOO HIGH.

Now, does anyone else not understand this?

of course we will all just ignore that Ford seems to be doing fine....why,,,,,better cars that people wanted. but keep your head in the sand and think that the way to go is selling big gas sucking cars that car lots could not get off there lot without selling for a loss or zero profit...while smaller efficient cars where backordered. But what do I know, I only sold cars, and studied them and all that.....

GM is not doing well..if they were, they wouldn't be bankrupt, and US taxpayers wouldn't be getting FLEECED in the process. The logic of competition, is that if you can't cut it, you get shredded.
Unfortunately producing all the stats of many years, and prattling over how good their sales were/are/can be will not dilute the fact that GM IS IN BANKRUPTCY. It only looks like they're alive because many Americans TAX DOLLARS, is, and will still be used to float them, even AFTER 'bankruptcy'..Perhaps to you, the airy fairy notion of bankruptcy today has been technically re-engineered to differ from the hardcore meaning of what it really is. Factually, you're bankrupt when your losses outlandishly exceed any profits. In a little business, you cease to exist. Because its a big biz, its ' too big to fail'.

We can all discuss how and why they are #1 in the eyes of a few , and you can revolutionise the meaning of bankruptcy,sales tactics,labor costs,union input, to mean anything you want it to mean...Its all a very sad situation..but, you need to accept the hard fact that they cannot compete on a global stage and probably still wont , even after bankruptcy processdings. A lot of people will lose their lifes earnings, livelihoods, and more.

Whats a company worth if a govt holds a 70%+ stake? Government is not 'working' to be a shareholder..it's merely injecting tax $$ into an arena it should NEVER be in.

Something you should be aware of , is that the US deficit is beginning to expand to dangerous proportions, and look..President Obama has not even been there a year. If you can't see it from the inside, then perhaps take it from someone on the outside..An administration can NEVER be successful by pandering to the demands of campaign backers. It will never be able to instil people on merit,and the people that do get in, have had different agendas from the outset.

There do seem to be only a few US citizens that see the continued damage, but perhaps its the law of idiocy that they get blown off .

If one foolish person can lead millions off a cliff, what do you think happens if there are a few foolish leaders?

It's such a shame that the US government decided to bail out these useless car makers, instead of its own citizens. GM and Ford haven't been making good cars since the 50s or 60s, I think.

The last GM car my parents bought was an old chevette. The last Ford was a '94 Explorer. The gas gauge broke after about a year.

It was the NUMBER ONE AUTO MAKER IN THE US...........

Key word being WAS

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.co...nda-Civic-Now-America-s-Best-Selling-Vehicle/

USA Today explains, "Not only was Ford's F-Series pickup, a longtime sales king, passed by Honda's Civic, the May leader, but also by three more cars -- Toyota's Camry and Corolla, and Honda's Accord."

I'm trying to figure out where you came up with the GM party line. Maybe a GM sponsored site like this one?

http://blogs.edmunds.com/csx/2009/01/2008-us-auto-sales-top-selling-manufacturers--vehicles.html

Then I found this:

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/05/0519_top_sellers/index_01.htm

Which shows the Ford F-150 coming in at the top which we all know to be bull**** statistics since less than 25% of us can afford to put the gas required for everyday travel into those beasts......

Fact of the matter remains, all you have to do is sit on the corner of a busy street near your home and you will see that 7 out of every 10 cars, 70%, that passes by is from an Asian manufacturer, unless you live in Detroit and were too dumb to move out before it became a barren desolate wasteland.

And before you try to debate this fact, bring video. I did a study for a sociology class aimed directly at consumers and their choice of vehicle and sat at over 20 intersections, in 20 different cities, from the Carolinas to the rust belt (Cleveland Ohio to be exact), all with the same results.

I hate to say it, I am an American, but unfortunately, right now at least, America is producing a substandard, lower efficiency automobile, period.

Obama will keep GM running only on the taxpayers dime.

Of course those are shrinking thanks to his CHANGE!.

But the fact is, if you appreciate the American ideal of private enterprise, it's your patriotic duty to avoid buying GM cars in the future. These are going to be Government crap. If you want an inexpensive, safe car, GM will not be building it. The government has no track record in building anything efficiently.

If we intelligent consumers band together and agree to avoid
buying the cars that we know aren't going to support our ideals, our families
and our pocketbooks, we can make a difference.

Avoid GM crap.

GM is not doing well..if they were, they wouldn't be bankrupt, and US taxpayers wouldn't be getting FLEECED in the process. The logic of competition, is that if you can't cut it, you get shredded.
Unfortunately producing all the stats of many years, and prattling over how good their sales were/are/can be will not dilute the fact that GM IS IN BANKRUPTCY. It only looks like they're alive because many Americans TAX DOLLARS, is, and will still be used to float them, even AFTER 'bankruptcy'..Perhaps to you, the airy fairy notion of bankruptcy today has been technically re-engineered to differ from the hardcore meaning of what it really is. Factually, you're bankrupt when your losses outlandishly exceed any profits. In a little business, you cease to exist. Because its a big biz, its ' too big to fail'.

We can all discuss how and why they are #1 in the eyes of a few , and you can revolutionise the meaning of bankruptcy,sales tactics,labor costs,union input, to mean anything you want it to mean...Its all a very sad situation..but, you need to accept the hard fact that they cannot compete on a global stage and probably still wont , even after bankruptcy processdings. A lot of people will lose their lifes earnings, livelihoods, and more.

Whats a company worth if a govt holds a 70%+ stake? Government is not 'working' to be a shareholder..it's merely injecting tax $$ into an arena it should NEVER be in.

Something you should be aware of , is that the US deficit is beginning to expand to dangerous proportions, and look..President Obama has not even been there a year. If you can't see it from the inside, then perhaps take it from someone on the outside..An administration can NEVER be successful by pandering to the demands of campaign backers. It will never be able to instil people on merit,and the people that do get in, have had different agendas from the outset.

There do seem to be only a few US citizens that see the continued damage, but perhaps its the law of idiocy that they get blown off .

If one foolish person can lead millions off a cliff, what do you think happens if there are a few foolish leaders?

GM did get fat and sluggish.

But right there toward the end they started to see the light a little. The Chevy Malibu and the Pontiac G6 & G8 are pretty impressive. And they had the Volt coming down the line.

The thing was as a corporation they let ego get in the way and didn't want to shed a brand (Pontiac) and sell off 4 others (Hummer, Saturn, Saab & Opel). They wanted to stay THE HUGE AUTO GIANT!

It took a crisis to make them do what they needed to do. And I understand your feelings that the government is spending a whole lot on these bailout loans.

But the circumstances were dyer. We were in the middle of the largest Economic downturn since THE GREAT DEPRESSION... THE BUSH RECESSION. It's been widely documented that if the government hadn't stepped in to cushion the blow and ease GM into bankruptcy there might have been an almost total liquidation of GM costing thousands and thousand more jobs than the jobs that will be lost going into bankruptcy this way. And every person losing a job affects 5 other jobs.

That's something we just could not gamble on at this time in these economic conditions. GM will make a grand comeback and be right there with Ford slugging it out like always. And hopefully this money will start to come back as it did when the government bailed out Chrysler back in the 80's.

It's not a great situation I'll grant you... and I personally think they should break up companies and not let them get so monstrously big anyone feels they must be bailed out... but it could of been much much worse to do nothing in this particular case.

In addition to what Top said, and I doubt we (USA) will ever be able to get back to this point again, I feel there should be EQUAL trade, not just free trade. I.E. Japan automakers sell x number of cars in the US equivalent to the x number of cars US automakers sell in Japan. The same for cameras, TV's, computers, yada yada yada. China as well, Korea likewise. Like I said, it is most likely a pipe dream, but I feel that would help to re stabilize US industry, and maybe go a ways toward reducing our trade deficit.

of course we will all just ignore that Ford seems to be doing fine....why,,,,,better cars that people wanted. but keep your head in the sand and think that the way to go is selling big gas sucking cars that car lots could not get off there lot without selling for a loss or zero profit...while smaller efficient cars where backordered. But what do I know, I only sold cars, and studied them and all that.....

Totally irrelevant. You claim that they sold better cars... yet GM out sold EVERY CAR MAKER IN THE US. You are being an idiot. Stop being stupid. You can NOT claim they are selling cars people do not want, when they out sell every manufacture in the US.

You stick you head up your butt, and claim others can't see? Do you understand NUMBER ONE SELLER? As in NOBODY sells more cars than GM? Is that too hard Pocket? Do you have a hard time with basic math? You know... 3 million is a larger number than 1.9 million? Here's lets compare numbers:

Is 3 > or < or = 1.9? Which is it? Greater than? Less than? Or equal to? You pick. This should be easy, you know like middle school math class?

So you "studied" cars, but can't do basic math? I'm beginning to understand why people hate car salesmen so bad. At least you are in the right industry given your personality.

Again, bottom line is, you can't claim GM isn't building the right cars when they are out selling everyone in the industry.

Werbung:
Again, bottom line is, you can't claim GM isn't building the right cars when they are out selling everyone in the industry

NNNNNNNNNGGGTTTT!!!!!!!!! "OOOOOOhhhh Im so sorry" says Alex Trebek:

Key word being WAS

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.co...nda-Civic-Now-America-s-Best-Selling-Vehicle/

USA Today explains, "Not only was Ford's F-Series pickup, a longtime sales king, passed by Honda's Civic, the May leader, but also by three more cars -- Toyota's Camry and Corolla, and Honda's Accord."

I'm trying to figure out where you came up with the GM party line. Maybe a GM sponsored site like this one?

http://blogs.edmunds.com/csx/2009/01/2008-us-auto-sales-top-selling-manufacturers--vehicles.html

Then I found this:

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/05/0519_top_sellers/index_01.htm

Which shows the Ford F-150 coming in at the top which we all know to be bull**** statistics since less than 25% of us can afford to put the gas required for everyday travel into those beasts......

Fact of the matter remains, all you have to do is sit on the corner of a busy street near your home and you will see that 7 out of every 10 cars, 70%, that passes by is from an Asian manufacturer, unless you live in Detroit and were too dumb to move out before it became a barren desolate wasteland.

And before you try to debate this fact, bring video. I did a study for a sociology class aimed directly at consumers and their choice of vehicle and sat at over 20 intersections, in 20 different cities, from the Carolinas to the rust belt (Cleveland Ohio to be exact), all with the same results.

I hate to say it, I am an American, but unfortunately, right now at least, America is producing a substandard, lower efficiency automobile, period.

Back