Newsweek the Liberal Rag Plays Dirty

Take away the one non-liberal column in Newsweek and you have the
perfect hard left propaganda that is anything but the news.

Obama never had a friend so good as Newsweek. Also positive spin, go figure!

So in my mind if Obama destroys jobs, then so does Newsweek by supporting him!

Did you lose your job!

Werbung:
Take away the one non-liberal column in Newsweek and you have the
perfect hard left propaganda that is anything but the news.

Obama never had a friend so good as Newsweek. Also positive spin, go figure!

So in my mind if Obama destroys jobs, then so does Newsweek by supporting him!

Did you lose your job!

We have such a good President right now.

I mean seriously he may go down as one of the best by the time it's all said and done. Now I know what you're thinking... Hell after George Bush, a war built on lies, TORTURING DETAINEES, and the worst economic downturn since The Great Depression -The Bush Recession - anybody would look damn good.

But look how he holds even Newsweek's feet to the fire... gotta love this guy!

I mean seriously he may go down as one of the best by the time it's all said and done. Now I know what you're thinking... Hell after George Bush, a war built on lies, TORTURING DETAINEES, and the worst economic downturn since The Great Depression -The Bush Recession - anybody would look damn good.

Go down as the best for what? It's one year in and he has not done much of anything.

Blind support is just as moronic as blind hate.

Yea he is setting records for his poll numbers.

Guess newsweek should not have gone off script and stopped the fearmongering.

Go down as the best for what? It's one year in and he has not done much of anything.

Blind support is just as moronic as blind hate.

Now you wouldn't be calling me moronic would ya Rob?:D

Fact is in just a very short time President Obama has done many things. I could just cut and paste the executive orders but you can go to the White House website and see that all yourself.

Of major importance he's took our country from an all time low in the eyes of the world and picked us up to cool to be a American overseas status.

And he's almost got an HISTORIC Health Insurance Reform Bill on his desk.

That's in his first year. I greatly look forward to the next seven.;)

Now you wouldn't be calling me moronic would ya Rob?:D

No. :p

Fact is in just a very short time President Obama has done many things. I could just cut and paste the executive orders but you can go to the White House website and see that all yourself.

Of major importance he's took our country from an all time low in the eyes of the world and picked us up to cool to be a American overseas status.

And he's almost got an HISTORIC Health Insurance Reform Bill on his desk.

That's in his first year. I greatly look forward to the next seven.;)

So he is great because he might get a health care reform bill on his desk? Or is he great because he said he would close GITMO, and has not yet done so? Executive Orders are worthless if there is no follow through or action.

See everybody a Liberal and a Conservative can debate hard and still be friends.

So he is great because he might get a health care reform bill on his desk? Or is he great because he said he would close GITMO, and has not yet done so? Executive Orders are worthless if there is no follow through or action.

I just quickly pulled this up... it's even been written by a Rob.;)

There was also an executive order I remember about the length of time women being able to go into court if they are intentionally discriminated against and not paid equally to a man for the same job. Plus he squeezed in winning a Nobel Peace Prize in there too.

The bottom line is he is shutting down GITMO. They are picking the new location as we speak. And something like Health Insurance Reform is so HUGE a landmark that alone will put him in a very high status category.

Obama’s Accomplishments
November 9th, 2009 | Obama's Performance | Rob

Before I start discussing what Obama’s future priorities should be and identifying specific ways America can make itself a better nation, I think its only fair to take stock of what Obama has done during his first few days in office.

The list has 1 important accomplishment, several relatively small but meaningful items, and 1 piece of legislature that is pending but which has a probable chance of passing in a substantive form and if passed, would be a landmark legislative achievement.

1. Preventing a 2nd Great Depression, stabilizing the economy, and steering us out of the Great Recession: His most important accomplishment to date, Obama has worked with Bernanke and the Fed, put a team of some of the best economic minds around him, helped save America’s 3 major car manufacturers from going out of business, passed the largest economic Stimulus Bill in the nation’s history, and executed other legislative changes to keep liquidity flowing in our economy, save jobs that would have otherwise been lost, and fund areas of our economy that are strategic and important for our long term economic competitiveness including health care, education, green energy, and infrastructure. The vast majority of economists and experts say that the nation had a high chance of slipping in to a Depression had this stimulus not been passed along with the innovative actions of the Fed.

2. Setting a fixed timetable for the withdrawal of troops from Iraq and shifting resources away from the Iraq war while accelerating the Iraq government’s ability to protect its own country. This will save lives, end investment in a battle that was never necessary, fund the increase in troops needed to stabilize Afghanistan, and help cut our deficit.

3. Like it or not, Obama has increased troops to stabilize Afghanistan - which is on shaky ground and at high risk of being taken over by extremists. An extremist Afghanistan threatens the Pakistan government and the countries in the region, including India.

4. Appointed an experienced, moderate, brilliant female Latina to the Supreme Court. This appointment will pay dividends over time and help secure a more balanced Supreme Court for decades to come while also bringing additional diversity to our court system.

5. Has helped repair badly damaged relationships with foreign powers across the world from Russia to Europe and reached out to the Arab world. This is necessary and critical in order for the most influential countries to work together to fight challenges such as Global Warming and Nuclear expansion. It also helps to fight terrorist recruiting by helping change America’s negative image. It is increasingly important for the US to engage with other countries as fast-growing nations like Brazil, China, and India join the traditional powerhouses and as America adjusts to a world with more diverse and influential players in the political equation.

6.Expanded health care to cover 4 million uninsured children.

7.Lifted Bush restrictions on embryonic stem cell research.

8. Reversed George W. Bush’s ban on federal funding to foreign organizations that allow abortions.

9. Implemented new regulations on power plants, factories, and oil refineries to limit greenhouse gas emissions and curb global warming.

10.Working with the House and Senate, Obama has helped create legislation to overhaul our nation’s broken health care system. The legislation has already progressed further down the government approval process than any prior president has ever achieved, most recently passing the House and moving on to the Senate for approval of their legislation.

While certainly Obama has gotten some things done. His most significant accomplishment was primarily a reaction to the economic environment handed to him while his other accomplishments are relatively tactical.

Of course, he has been significantly slowed down and limited on making progress on his original agenda because of the Great Recession and he has rightfully had to focus his administration’s time and attention on keeping our economic ship from sinking under the ocean of this financial crisis. If he had not addressed this, nothing else on his agenda would really have mattered much - so he has focused where he needed to.

It should also be said that if Obama manages to pass Health Care Reform, it would be an amazing achievement that many previous presidents had tried and failed to make happen and one with a profound impact on our economy, deficits, and citizens’ lives. If this does get signed, few credible people could claim that Obama has not obtained substantial results during his tenure in office.

Werbung:
See everybody a Liberal and a Conservative can debate hard and still be friends.

My dad once told me, "Cases are won and cases are lost, but it is the manner in which you conduct yourself that will matter." Of course that is in reference to lawyers, but the idea is simple. Don't get caught up in the small things, there are more important things out there. The way I see it, there is no need to get upset with, or dislike, someone with different views. You can battle it out in a debate, but at the end of the day, it is not the debate that matters, and it is easy to get along.

I just quickly pulled this up... it's even been written by a Rob.;)

Not me. :p

1. Preventing a 2nd Great Depression, stabilizing the economy, and steering us out of the Great Recession: His most important accomplishment to date, Obama has worked with Bernanke and the Fed, put a team of some of the best economic minds around him, helped save America’s 3 major car manufacturers from going out of business, passed the largest economic Stimulus Bill in the nation’s history, and executed other legislative changes to keep liquidity flowing in our economy, save jobs that would have otherwise been lost, and fund areas of our economy that are strategic and important for our long term economic competitiveness including health care, education, green energy, and infrastructure. The vast majority of economists and experts say that the nation had a high chance of slipping in to a Depression had this stimulus not been passed along with the innovative actions of the Fed.

What he did was continue failed government intervention programs with no idea how to pay for any of it. He did not "save" the carmakers from going out of business, he delayed bankruptcy, and then fired a private sector CEO. Further, the stimulus has generally been a failure. It has cost almost $250,000 per job "created." On top of that, all of the things it was supposed to prevent have happened. Like unemployment.

2. Setting a fixed timetable for the withdrawal of troops from Iraq and shifting resources away from the Iraq war while accelerating the Iraq government’s ability to protect its own country. This will save lives, end investment in a battle that was never necessary, fund the increase in troops needed to stabilize Afghanistan, and help cut our deficit.

There was a timetable in place before Bush left office actually.

3. Like it or not, Obama has increased troops to stabilize Afghanistan - which is on shaky ground and at high risk of being taken over by extremists. An extremist Afghanistan threatens the Pakistan government and the countries in the region, including India.

He has increased the soldiers, but is not delaying to long to make a decision on a future deployment. Additionally, there is no strategy outside of nation building that we have come up with Afghanistan. Is that really what we want to push there?

4. Appointed an experienced, moderate, brilliant female Latina to the Supreme Court. This appointment will pay dividends over time and help secure a more balanced Supreme Court for decades to come while also bringing additional diversity to our court system.

A SC Justice is an accomplishment.

5. Has helped repair badly damaged relationships with foreign powers across the world from Russia to Europe and reached out to the Arab world. This is necessary and critical in order for the most influential countries to work together to fight challenges such as Global Warming and Nuclear expansion. It also helps to fight terrorist recruiting by helping change America’s negative image. It is increasingly important for the US to engage with other countries as fast-growing nations like Brazil, China, and India join the traditional powerhouses and as America adjusts to a world with more diverse and influential players in the political equation.

Unless this yields tangible dividends (which it has not to date) then all of this is meaningless.

6.Expanded health care to cover 4 million uninsured children.

Many of the people who qualified under his plan would have qualified under other programs already in place.

7.Lifted Bush restrictions on embryonic stem cell research.
8. Reversed George W. Bush’s ban on federal funding to foreign organizations that allow abortions.

Both of which I view as a mistake.

9. Implemented new regulations on power plants, factories, and oil refineries to limit greenhouse gas emissions and curb global warming.

Such as what? Cap and Trade has yet to pass.

10.Working with the House and Senate, Obama has helped create legislation to overhaul our nation’s broken health care system. The legislation has already progressed further down the government approval process than any prior president has ever achieved, most recently passing the House and moving on to the Senate for approval of their legislation.

Getting "close" is no accomplishment. Not to mention, most of the bills are horrible.

Back