1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Obama shying away from Assult weapons Ban?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by The Scotsman, Apr 17, 2009.

1. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

As I understand it over 150,000 weapons have been seized of which 16,000 have been assault weapons of that 9 out of 10 come from the US - which is just under 10%. So, at the moment the argument is possibly too weak as it just doesn't quite stack up but as he says "the move would face too much political opposition to happen soon ".......make of that what you will........to this dumb Scot though it smacks of a possible re-shuffling of the decks during his second term so that he has more liberals on board who will be looking to move the motion and force the issue?

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Re: Obama shying away from Assult waepons Ban?

You always have such good information and often before people here in the states. Thanks for the update, now Ill have time to get me a few guns!

3. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

obama is a smart guy... smart enough to know that anything labeled a "Ban" will have a negative impact on him in the polls.

Ban tobacco? Nope, tax the crap out of it!

Ban Guns? Nope, tax the crap out of them!

Ban Ammunition? Nope, tax the crap out of it!

Ban CO2 emissions? Nope, tax the crap out of them!

"If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."-- Ronald Reagan

4. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    16000 assault rifles...could due quite a bit of damage I would suggest regardless of the percent. And handguns are still the most deadly weapons. Also those with guns, are also statistically the most likely ones to die as a result of them not anyone threatening them. But we have a legal right to arms, though I would suggest everyone here agrees to limits...only question is where the line is for each person.