Poll: Racists support McCain

Popeye

A new ABC News poll shows something that some suspected and most of us already knew:

Three in 10 whites express less racially sensitive views, such as having some feelings of prejudice or believing that blacks in their communities do not experience discrimination; they hold generally critical views of Obama and favor John McCain for president by a 26-point margin.

Vote choice by racial sensitivity among whites:

Low

McCain-58%
Obama-32%

Medium

McCain-54%
Obama-36%

High

McCain-36%
Obama-55%

In other words, the less sensitive one is to racial issues, even admittedly prejudiced, the more inclined that person is to vote for McCain. No surprise here.

Werbung:
Well, considering that Obama himself IS a racist, it's not surprising that some people would react that way.

Well, considering that Obama himself IS a racist, it's not surprising that some people would react that way.

Thank you for your opinion. However it does nothing to alter the somewhat disturbing but not surprising facts of a poll that shows that dislike of Obama's color fuels much of McCain's support.

Thank you for your opinion. However it does nothing to alter the somewhat disturbing but not surprising facts of a poll that shows that dislike of Obama's color fuels much of McCain's support.

This could be true, his support is coming from some place and it’s not from normal republican conservatives.

Normal republican conservatives see him as a liberal and thus not worth voting for.

So who ever is left must be the group you are talking about.

So maybe this year can be the vote of the racist.

Anti white anti America can vote for Obama

Anti partial black and anti America hating can vote fore McCain

The rest of us can vote third party or write a name in

A new ABC News poll shows something that some suspected and most of us already knew:

Low

McCain-58%
Obama-32%

Medium

McCain-54%
Obama-36%

High

McCain-36%
Obama-55%

In other words, the less sensitive one is to racial issues, even admittedly prejudiced, the more inclined that person is to vote for McCain. No surprise here.

The most silly-ass thing you've come up with, and that's saying something. Blacks benefit from thorough-going discrimination in their favor, "racial sensitivity" apparently means "buys into a preposterous lib myth". Another example of Orwellian liberal inside-out reverse logic. ;)

The most silly-ass thing you've come up with, and that's saying something. Blacks benefit from thorough-going discrimination in their favor, "racial sensitivity" apparently means "buys into a preposterous lib myth". Another example of Orwellian liberal inside-out reverse logic. ;)

The poll speaks for itself, much of McCain's support is made up of those that are prejudiced. I notice you don't question the integrity of the poll's results.

Yeah, blacks have it great all right, I bet you just lie awake at night wishing you were black. Obviously you would have be considered to be part of the group deemed to be "low" in racial sensitivity.

The poll speaks for itself, much of McCain's support is made up of those that are prejudiced.
80% of blacks support Obama - But don't do the poll that would reveal how many of those people are racist.

Obama 80% of Blacks
McCain 56% of Whites

Which one looks to be catering to racist feelings?

good point GenSeneca. I believe there is also an important democrat politician who was in the KKK...but we don't hear about that. Only republicans are racist.

Low

McCain-58%
Obama-32%

Medium

McCain-54%
Obama-36%

High

McCain-36%
Obama-55%

The "racial sensitivity" construct they used here does not conflate with racism. Case in point: by their own admission, 48% of people with a "low" "racial sensitivity" still view Obama favorably. And the proportion of people who say race is a very important factor in their vote is roughly the same for people with "low" "racial sensitivity" as it is among people with "high" "racial sensitivity."

I cannot comment further since they included a small handful of questions from the survey in their discussion of the poll. There is the obvious question, though, of whether or not people who view themselves as "racially sensitive" are really less prejudiced, or simply less likely to admit to their prejudice because they have been indoctrinated into believing "racial sensitivity" is a positive good (i.e., because they are liberals).

The poll speaks for itself, much of McCain's support is made up of those that are prejudiced. I notice you don't question the integrity of the poll's results.

The poll is assinine. :D It's predicated on BS, and the interpretation was nothing but warped lib race ideology.

Yeah, blacks have it great all right, I bet you just lie awake at night wishing you were black. Obviously you would have be considered to be part of the group deemed to be "low" in racial sensitivity.

No, I don't want to be black, but if I were, I could get into havard by just having a pulse - like Obama. :)

No, but it confirms the somewhat disturbing but not surprising fact that that a favorable opinon of Obama's color fuels much of his support.

race_card.gif

So let me see if I understand what is beind sold here. The very high percentage of black vote for Obama has no racial connection but a poll suggests that a lower percentage of white support of McCain must have a racial component that deserves more attention. Wow! Its kind of insulting that someone thought this might distract me from the big picture.

Werbung:
Another interesting finding in the poll -- I can't believe I missed this before -- is that the proportion of whites who consider themselves prejudiced (30%) is actually lower than the proportion of blacks who do (34%). Since blacks are voting for Obama at a margin far greater than whites are voting for McCain (something like 82 points for Obama, compared to ten or twelve for McCain), the poll seems to support the opposite contention (that racists are voting for Obama) -- if we go by Popeye's logic.

Which, of course, no one but Popeye does.

Back