Religion should be kept out of politics

Dawkinsrocks

It is clear that in the US you have to at least feign some kind of religious faith to get elected

As religion is a myth about a fascist regime isn't it appropriate to declare unfit for office anyone whose thinking is sufficiently distorted to believe it to be true?

At least candidates should have to keep their religious views to themselves and not allow them to influence anything

The church has no place sticking its nose into any issues at all in the political sphere and candidates should set an example

Werbung:
Well Rabbis tell isrealians who to vote for as their PM. Why cant the Catholic Church tell church members who to vote for? If your candidate loses then youre expelled.

Ahh the two wrongs make a right school of argument

The fact is that religion should be kept out of schools too

Indoctrinating children with this shit is a crime

No need to ban all religions!
In fact, it would be just as unconstitutional to ban ALL religions than it would be to ban Christianity!

But, what would be constitutional is to prevent ANY religious interferences of any sorts in Government and in schools.

I would even be for considering religions as "businesses," because, let's face it, that's what so many of them are.
functionally "big businesses" selling "the word of God" to brainwashed believers, even engaging in political endorsements (although most don't do it directly, but through barely veiled "recommendations" to their flock) and yet not having to pay taxes!

I believe that all Churches should remain tax exempt for THE MONEYS THAT ARE GIVEN TO CHARITY. . .with regulations of what "charity" means, i.e,, buying a million dollars home for the pastor wouldn't qualify as "charity!", but that the rest of the "business" should be taxed at the normal business rates, with deduction for maintaining the Church and for reasonable salaries and payroll related expenses. Nothing more, nothing less.

As open mind most eloquently says, religion is a business in which the cunning get rich off the back of the gullible ( and invariably poor)

And yes I would ban religion

It is corrupt, anti science, fascistic, brutal, ignorant and completely ridiculous

Werbung:
Back