Some religions must be false.

That's a very interesting concept you have developed there. So let me ask you, how far can it go. Are there limitations to the concept?

If I believe that the earth is the center of the solar system and you believe that the sun is the center of the solar system, can god somehow make us both right in heaven?

Its a god why not? our concept of Reality is limited, a God could make many things Reality.

Werbung:
Its a god why not? our concept of Reality is limited, a God could make many things Reality.

No religious scholar in the world would agree with you that God can create contradicting realities - that that is impossible is not a limitation on God's power, it's just stating a logical truth. We had fun with such apparent contradictions in philosophy of religion class when I was in college - eg, can God create a weight that is too heavy for Him to lift? :D

No religious scholar in the world would agree with you that God can create contradicting realities - that that is impossible is not a limitation on God's power, it's just stating a logical truth. We had fun with such apparent contradictions in philosophy of religion class when I was in college - eg, can God create a weight that is too heavy for Him to lift? :D

so god can create anything...but cant create more then one heaven for people to go with?

who says? what is that a rule? Are you a god and know what Gods can do? And what's funny is that if you read what I posted, some Religious scholars do agree.
its funny you think you can say what God Can and cant do, as if you could have any Fing Idea. A God could be sooo far beyond any understanding we have of anyhthing.

All seven major religions contain a universal truth or truths; each has an actual sacred experience of God to be had. #7 is Liberty which is the sacred experience of america as liberty is not merely a emotion and an outside condition known as justice but an actual sacred experience. I do not like to classify America as a religion or even a civic religion...Anyway, I had them all and Liberty is the whole expereince of God. The others? All forms of enlightenment.

Proof is life. A few Buddhists may be incorrect; a thousand Buddhists may be incorrect. But billions over a couple of thousand years? If there was no valdity in Buddhism people would not keep practicing it. You find the universal truths in the purest form of their founding sacred documents or if preserved well in the exact words of their founding prophet.

Off shoots of all of 7? Lots and lots of subdivisions of the 7 major religions are false and completely made up.

You must discern what was actually taught by the founding prophet versus what men corrupted on purpose ror by mistake i.e. language errors and then you must ask questions such as this: Mohhamed taught that Jesus did not die on the cross as it was an opitcal illusion yet he upheld Christianity as a valid religion but Christians insist Jesus did die on the Cross. So, are we talking about a physical body or a spirit? If we are talking about a spirit Jesus did not die on the cross. To say he died is incorrect. If another was killed in his place, would anyone have known it then as most people had no idea what the actual Jesus looked like when Jesus lived? So if I'm Mohammed how do I prove this yet uphold Christianity as a valid religion and a path to God? I ask a roomful of people if they are Christian. If even one person raises their hand then I can say I have proven Jesus did not die on the cross. If you're me you can also point out that there is Jesus Christ himself versus the christ body which is a body of belief not one person.

You cannot apply logic to what is not fact meaning if you are using the Apostles Creed then you need to know how this creed ever came about and why. Jesus did not write it. Are we reasoning Chrisitianity as invented and taught by Jesus or as it exists today? All religions suffer from corruptions...God creating a weight he could not carry? As invented, in their purest forms, God could carry all of these religions. You can commune with the divine in all of them if you practice them as taught by their prophets who were inspired by God. If this was not so then I would not have had the sacred experience of each. Any truly false religion has no sacred experience.

That's how you know it was not created or inspired by the God.

funny you think a all powerful god can't make more then one Religion be correct? God is so weak he cant have people have other ideas about Religion and follow threw on them both at the same time? You act as if God is a mortal man with constraints what it can do. God could in fact say that what you hold true on earth, I will make true in heaven in regards to Religion. So if one Religion believes X, one believes Y, God makes it happen for both.

if there is a all powerful god, it will not be as simple minded as you nor contrained by your view of what can be done.

God is so powerful that he would propagate mutally-contradictory religions? Then either God is very mischievous, or you have a stupid idea. I'll go with the latter option. :)

All seven major religions contain a universal truth or truths;

Not relevent to the thread proposition.

each has an actual sacred experience of God to be had.

How do you know? Some may just have a harmless delusion.

Proof is life. A few Buddhists may be incorrect; a thousand Buddhists may be incorrect. But billions over a couple of thousand years? If there was no valdity in Buddhism people would not keep practicing it.

Eat sh__, a trillion flies can't be wrong. :D

Off shoots of all of 7? Lots and lots of subdivisions of the 7 major religions are false and completely made up.

As may be the root religions themselves.

You cannot apply logic to what is not fact meaning if you are using the Apostles Creed then you need to know how this creed ever came about and why. Jesus did not write it. Are we reasoning Chrisitianity as invented and taught by Jesus or as it exists today? All religions suffer from corruptions...God creating a weight he could not carry? As invented, in their purest forms, God could carry all of these religions.

No, in their purest form, they are mutually contradictory. Muslims say "there is no god but God" (monotheism) while hinduism posits many gods.

God is so powerful that he would propagate mutally-contradictory religions? Then either God is very mischievous, or you have a stupid idea. I'll go with the latter option. :)

It might be that God places knowledge about himself in everyone's heart and in every culture. But that some people distort that knowledge as it is revealed to them. It might be that there was one small group of people that were chosen to preserve that knowledge undistorted. They were no better than anyone else but they were chosen. They were like an ark - a small box used to preserve the tablets that contained the law. They were like an ark a small boat to preserve the various species of life. Three arks: one purpose.

It might be that God places knowledge about himself in everyone's heart and in every culture. But that some people distort that knowledge as it is revealed to them. It might be that there was one small group of people that were chosen to preserve that knowledge undistorted. They were no better than anyone else but they were chosen. They were like an ark - a small box used to preserve the tablets that contained the law. They were like an ark a small boat to preserve the various species of life. Three arks: one purpose.

Three arks that have caused countless religious wars and zillions of people killed in the name of religion - sorry, I don't buy it.

Werbung:
Three arks that have caused countless religious wars and zillions of people killed in the name of religion - sorry, I don't buy it.

I won't force you to accept it.

I will disagree with you about the causes of wars. It is people and how they use all sorts of ideas (not just religous ideas) that cause most wars.

Back