Supreme Court upholds virtually all of Obamacare - Full text of Opinion and Dissent here

This decision, in the end, will be a victory for Republicans. I have no doubt that it will result in a huge GOP win in November. And the GOP might even actually repeal Obamacare because, despite its unconstitutionality, it is simply bad law. It is unaffordable, irresponsible and unaccountable. It is overly expensive at $1.76 trillion and will increase taxes by $500 billion in the next 10 years. It puts bureaucrats between doctors and patients and ultimately will decrease the quality of care in the United States, just as similar measures in other countries have done.

It is also simply wrong in a free USA.

Yes of course Obummercare is a disaster. In a sane nation, a president who pushes through a HUGE new entitlement plan on partisan votes in Congress when our nation is rapidly heading for bankruptcy because of the EXISTING entitlement programs, should be roundly defeated.

However, do not minimize the Rs ability to shot themselves in the foot and ruin their chances in November. Also, I think it very likely that BO & Friends will do whatever it takes to win including committing many illegal acts, which will be ignored by the MSM (really the communications arm of the D Party).

Werbung:
This decision, in the end, will be a victory for Republicans. I have no doubt that it will result in a huge GOP win in November. And the GOP might even actually repeal Obamacare because, despite its unconstitutionality, it is simply bad law. It is unaffordable, irresponsible and unaccountable. It is overly expensive at $1.76 trillion and will increase taxes by $500 billion in the next 10 years. It puts bureaucrats between doctors and patients and ultimately will decrease the quality of care in the United States, just as similar measures in other countries have done.

It is also simply wrong in a free USA.

WE can repeal anything Congress passes.
It may well be the seed that brings us back to the realization that the people run this country.
Not the socio-communo-democrat party.
Run by sexual deviants and lunatics of all sorts.
Baby killers as well.
Just the facts-m'am.

My reading of the tea leaves is that this will not be repealed completely. Senate minority leader McConnell said this morning that even if we won the WH and both houses in congress, that this law is not going to be easy to roll back.

My reading of the tea leaves is that this will not be repealed completely. Senate minority leader McConnell said this morning that even if we won the WH and both houses in congress, that this law is not going to be easy to roll back.

Well, the House can always completely de-fund it. Dead.
Compromise is what the nation was built upon--and precisely what the democrats so crassly did NOT do when they cobbled together this horrible and disgusting power grab--which is what it was all about at it's core.

Romney says he will repeal "Obamacare" his first day in office.

Anyone taking bets on the success of that campaign promise?

Was that Romeny or one of the other candidates? I think what Romney said was that he would "act" to repeal, whatever that means.

Was that Romeny or one of the other candidates? I think what Romney said was that he would "act" to repeal, whatever that means.
"Act to repeal." Yes, those are the words he used. What does that mean, do you think?

Both Obama and Romney are politicians. They know exactly how to make statements that really are open to interpretation. That's what they have to do to get elected, after all.

"Act to repeal." Yes, those are the words he used. What does that mean, do you think?

I'm not sure what he means. I think in the past he said that he would use an executive order to let the states opt-out of Obamacare. Michelle Bachmann said they only needed 51 votes in the Senate to repeal it, and McConnell said this morning that it's not going to be easy to roll it back. What's scary to me are the unknown 18000 pages of new regulations they've added and Sebelius is probably still writing them out fast and furious.

Romney says he will repeal "Obamacare" his first day in office.

Anyone taking bets on the success of that campaign promise?

100%.
executive order exempting all states whether they want it or not.
executive order to cease all actions contributing to it in any way shape or form.
wait on Congress to do the paperwork.

see how the precedent BO has set works ? n o putting that genii back in the bottle now.
So, he'll not only rule by decree, but he will blame his predecessor for the problems caused. Hmm... that reminds me of another president... could it be we're really going to elect this guy?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So, he'll not only rule by decree, but he will blame his predecessor for the problems caused. Hmm... that reminds me of another president... could it be we're really going to elect this guy?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

there will be a difference, Romney will do as Bush did and show us how to get to where we want to be as the where we are is water over the dam.

And by cheating and stealing you mean...voted in a Democracy.
But no we don't care what you think...because guess what...you don't care what we think.
"Just as the notion that “Anything I do is right because I chose to do it,” is not a moral principle, but a negation of morality—so the notion that “Anything society does is right because society chose to do it,” is not a moral principle, but a negation of moral principles and the banishment of morality from social issues." - Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness
How much did your taxes go up? I have health care, my taxes are actually lower then they where 3 years ago...
Is your HC insurance cheaper than it was 3 years ago? No it is not. Everyone with HCI saw their premiums go up about 30% last year alone to cover the additional costs mandated in the "Affordable" HC act. Perhaps you'd like to explain how making HC insurance more expensive makes HC more "affordable". Didn't think so. By design, the actual taxes imposed by the AHCA do not start until 2014.

That's what makes the "compromise" so difficult to achieve, and why no one seems to be able to get a handle on the runaway cost of health care.
As I just pointed out to Pocket, it is government interference that has been the primary factor in driving up the costs of HC and HC insurance. I also pointed out earlier that people like Pocket demand they get nothing but the best possible HC while additionally demanding that any costs beyond what they can actually afford be pushed onto the taxpayers. That's not sustainable.

Some people are going to be able to afford Rolls Royce HC, others can only afford Ford Pinto HC. People should receive different levels of HC based on what they can afford, just like they drive cars they can afford and live in houses they can afford, having government mandate that everyone be given RR HC will drive up the costs for everybody and further explode the deficits and debt of the federal government.

Werbung:
Some people are going to be able to afford Rolls Royce HC, others can only afford Ford Pinto HC. People should receive different levels of HC based on what they can afford, just like they drive cars they can afford and live in houses they can afford, having government mandate that everyone be given RR HC will drive up the costs for everybody and further explode the deficits and debt of the federal government.

as these policy requirements are mandated by the several states, people should turn their attention there to demand better options (no I do not want the feds to try and tell them to). states should use this as PR to get people to vote with their feet.

government made healthcare expensive, it cannot go the other direction as it is not clever enough to know how.

Back