Teleprompter goof causes Obama to thank himself for White House party

Might be a different answer to that, ya' know... might just be that the (government) is just desperately looking for money. Tax receipts and revenues ARE going to be less this year by as much as 15 to 25% (won't know for sure until the elfinly-challenged diva sings) and The Treasury is having an increasingly difficult time when due-dates are shopping for renewals, which is why The Fed has recently committed to buying Treasuries. IF the "gummint" starts reducing payouts to entitled beneficiaries (SS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.), then next voting season would be catastrophic to seasoned politicians...

Gummint buying treasuries is kind of like Scientologists buying all the books by L. Ron Hubbard. They get to claim that the sales volume of the book is huge when in reality it is very very small.

Yes, they are desperate because revenues will be low. They could just do what the rest of us do - reduce spending.

And if that reduced spending were to effect SS, medicaid it would be devastating to the dems because their constitutiency just might have to be self-reliant and then they would learn that they don't need gov as much as they thought they did. It would be harmful to the pubs to the degree that the dems could pin it on them.

But I would welcome a devastating blow to career politicians. They are leeches and they need to be culled.

Werbung:
It is indeed a dangerous power. Best to be very careful about who holds that power. Agreed?

Yes, we need to be much more careful than we have been lately.

Do you agree that statists by whatever name are to be feared?

Absolutely.

So all of our politicians are statists, authoritarian, pragmatic. Sounds about right to me.

In other words, a big government that will do whatever works to make decisions for you. I can think of little else that should be feared more.

I'm not so sure about the pragmatic part, or that they really want to do whatever works. They do seem to want to make our decisions for us, though. I'm not sure the word is all, but it certainly is most, and it doesn't matter much whether they have an R or a D after their name.

And yes, there is little to be feared more than that.

Yes, we need to be much more careful than we have been lately.

Absolutely.

I'm not so sure about the pragmatic part, or that they really want to do whatever works. They do seem to want to make our decisions for us, though. I'm not sure the word is all, but it certainly is most, and it doesn't matter much whether they have an R or a D after their name.

And yes, there is little to be feared more than that.

Could we also agree that Libertarians are to be feared less than Democrats and Republicans?

Could we agree that conservatives who stick to conservative values are to be feared less than liberals as they exist today?

Could we agree that the Republicans are closer to libertarians or real conservatives than the Democrats are? Though not by much.

And most importantly what are we to do about statists of whatever stripe?

I advocate speaking out against statism whenever it is seen. I advocate smaller government that follows the constitution. I advocate smaller taxes to at the least starve the beast. I advocate tea parties.

Could we also agree that Libertarians are to be feared less than Democrats and Republicans?

We Libertarians are pussycats, not to be feared by anyone, except perhaps the career politicians.

Maybe not even by them, as there aren't many of us.

Could we agree that conservatives who stick to conservative values are to be feared less than liberals as they exist today?

They are to be feared not at all, most likely. They are even rarer than Libertarians. They may, in fact be Libertarians.

Could we agree that the Republicans are closer to libertarians or real conservatives than the Democrats are? Though not by much.

On a few issues, maybe. On authoritarianism, most certainly not.

And most importantly what are we to do about statists of whatever stripe?

Vote against them whenever possible, of course. When all candidates who have a real chance of winning are statists, then the choice is to vote for the lesser of the evils, or to cast a protest vote for someone who can't win.

I advocate speaking out against statism whenever it is seen. I advocate smaller government that follows the constitution. I advocate smaller taxes to at the least starve the beast. I advocate tea parties.

Fill Boston Harbor until it turns brown.

Werbung:
totus.jpg

Teleprompter... Don't leave home without it.

barack-obama-cartoon-teleprompter-web.jpg

Not even when going on vacation...

obama.jpg

All hail the Teleprompter Of The United States...

TOTUS+Seal.png

Back