The Left and Right are closer to agreement than you think.

Lagboltz

Both left and right agree with each other a lot more than they think they do. It's the perception of disagreement that is causing a rift, not the actual issues. This article points out the counterintuitive details.

This is an excerpt:
[In a] new report from More in Common; What distinguishes this from run-of-the-mill surveys is that More in Common asks not just what various groups think, but what they think the other side thinks.

It turns out that while 87% of Democrats think “George Washington and Abraham Lincoln should be admired for their roles in American history,” Republicans on average believe that only 42% of Democrats would say that.

And while 83% of Democrats agree that “In learning about American history, students should not be made to feel personally responsible for the actions of earlier generations,” Republicans suppose that only 43% would assent to that.

92% of Democrats say, “All students should learn about how the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution advanced freedom and equality.” Republicans figured only 45% of Democrats would agree.

Similarly, while 93% of Republicans believe that “Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks should be taught as examples of Americans who fought for equality,” Democrats guess that only 38% of Republicans would agree.

Democrats estimate that only 32% of Republicans would assent that “It’s important that every American student learn about slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation,” whereas the actual percent of Republicans who agree is 83.

A huge majority (91%) of Republicans agree that “Throughout our history, Americans have made incredible achievements and ugly errors.” That is close to the 95% of Democrats who say the same.

But the steady diet of falsehoods, exaggerations and “nut-picking” served up by the conflict entrepreneurs has led us to believe that we are two nations, unbridgeable. Seventy-five percent of Republicans say Democrats are “brainwashed,” and 75% of Democrats say that about Republicans. Among Democrats, 78% describe Republicans as “hateful,” and 73% of Republicans return the compliment. The numbers are worse among the extremes, the 14% of the population who fall into either the “progressive activists” or “devoted conservatives” camp.

Werbung:
I agree. There is little point in being in Congress fit the sole purpose of obstruction.
That was vigorously tried under Obama.

Democrats don't slag off about how republicans want to swing everything to free enterprise but tories belch all the communist crap about democrats.
There's no logic in it be sure history proves there is no takeover. It's dumb arse fools who regurgitate it.

It's the same as the hating America rubbish. It's also blurted daily on here by nut cases. It simply doesn't exist. But the sadest part is how republicans label a person by their religion into a particular party when there is no evidence of it.
It's classic stereotyping simply to divide the country. It's a hangover from the Donny disaster days.

Both left and right agree with each other a lot more than they think they do. It's the perception of disagreement that is causing a rift, not the actual issues. This article points out the counterintuitive details.

This is an excerpt:
[In a] new report from More in Common; What distinguishes this from run-of-the-mill surveys is that More in Common asks not just what various groups think, but what they think the other side thinks.

It turns out that while 87% of Democrats think “George Washington and Abraham Lincoln should be admired for their roles in American history,” Republicans on average believe that only 42% of Democrats would say that.

And while 83% of Democrats agree that “In learning about American history, students should not be made to feel personally responsible for the actions of earlier generations,” Republicans suppose that only 43% would assent to that.

92% of Democrats say, “All students should learn about how the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution advanced freedom and equality.” Republicans figured only 45% of Democrats would agree.

Similarly, while 93% of Republicans believe that “Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks should be taught as examples of Americans who fought for equality,” Democrats guess that only 38% of Republicans would agree.

Democrats estimate that only 32% of Republicans would assent that “It’s important that every American student learn about slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation,” whereas the actual percent of Republicans who agree is 83.

A huge majority (91%) of Republicans agree that “Throughout our history, Americans have made incredible achievements and ugly errors.” That is close to the 95% of Democrats who say the same.

But the steady diet of falsehoods, exaggerations and “nut-picking” served up by the conflict entrepreneurs has led us to believe that we are two nations, unbridgeable. Seventy-five percent of Republicans say Democrats are “brainwashed,” and 75% of Democrats say that about Republicans. Among Democrats, 78% describe Republicans as “hateful,” and 73% of Republicans return the compliment. The numbers are worse among the extremes, the 14% of the population who fall into either the “progressive activists” or “devoted conservatives” camp.
I wish it was that easy.

The deeper you look, the more concerned you might feel.

The Democrats were hijacked by Progressive LWers in the 1990s.

Since then, they have taken over America.

The DNC is a Marxist indoctrinated group, I believe.

Today's woke Democrats look like Dr. Utopia! Not like their GOP countrymen.

Make Mine Freedom (1948) (9:27)

Last edited:
I wish it was that easy.

Here we go again. Same old diatribe of republican verbal diahorea.
You're brain dead with hate and paranoia.

I wish it was that easy.

You DO go on with some rubbish.
You also believe there's a god and we know thats rubbish.

Whenever the right and left agree be prepared to give up some of your freedom. They only agree when they are shitting on our rights or sending troops off to fight an idiot war.

Libtards and conservative Christians have little regard for individual liberty and both groups want to impose their idiotic views onto the rest of us.

I wish it was that easy.

Marxism is an economic theory.

Democrats are not Marxists they are corporatist oligarchs. The DNC is married to the richest most mega elite business people. How is that Marxism?

This obsession with which ism to call somebody is a waste of time.

I wish it was that easy.

republicans have been hijacked by trump anti-woke nationalists.

but democrats have "taken over america"? lol

Balderdash.
Start a clock timer or mark your calendar to see how long it takes you to come to a different point of view.

In my experience, busy people (the targets of the Leftists camouflage efforts) are usually taken aback by such an outlandish statement as mine, but then they begin unconsciously looking for clues or signs or indications that will prove or disprove my assertion.

See how long it takes you.

Start a clock timer or mark your calendar to see how long it takes you to come to a different point of view.

In my experience, busy people (the targets of the Leftists camouflage efforts) are usually taken aback by such an outlandish statement as mine, but then they begin unconsciously looking for clues or signs or indications that will prove or disprove my assertion.

See how long it takes you.
You think I would want to see capitalisms taken down? What is your idea of Marxism that you think the far left would embrace?

You think I would want to see capitalisms taken down? What is your idea of Marxism that you think the far left would embrace?
I think that, for several reasons, you don't know what the extremists are doing in plain sight.

In your name. With your unwitting but enthusiastic cooperation.

The average Dems are attracted to Marxism because they want free everything and peace & love & equality.

Screenshot_20220825-134606_kindlephoto-54857233.png

The FAR LEFT wants to control us.

I think that, for several reasons, you don't know what the extremists are doing in plain sight.

In your name. With your unwitting but enthusiastic cooperation.

The average Dems are attracted to Marxism because they want free everything and peace & love & equality.

View attachment 2271

The FAR LEFT wants to control us.

You got it wrong. Democrats know what Communism is, and certainly don't want it here. We all know what China and North Korea are like. I have no idea why you think we would ever want that.

You got it wrong. Democrats know what Communism is, and certainly don't want it here. We all know what China and North Korea are like. I have no idea why you think we would ever want that.
Because I have spent, on average, 5 hours a day for the past ten years, reading and watching factual and news related info and background positions and exchanging thoughts and insults online and fact checking propganda.

And my guess is that in this same period, you have been successfully running a business and leading a busy and challenging and fulfilling life.

It would be like Capt. Kirk getting a call from Chief Engineer Scotty, who tells him something that he has seen which the Capt. has not had the opportunity to experience personally.

Because I have seen signs of it, Lagboltz.

You will note that I invite you to be alert to the signs and draw your own conclusions.

But, you have never had reason to question these things because it is their plan to deceive you until they no longer need our approval or assistance.

Last edited:
Werbung:
Because I have spent, on average, 5 hours a day for the past ten years, reading and watching factual and news related info and background positions and exchanging thoughts and insults online and fact checking propganda.

And my guess is that in this same period, you have been successfully running a business and leading a busy and challenging and fulfilling life.

It would be like Capt. Kirk getting a call from Chief Engineer Scotty, who tells him something that he has seen which the Capt. has not had the opportunity to experience personally.

Because I have seen signs of it, Lagboltz.

You will note that I invite you to be alert to the signs and draw your own conclusions.

But, you have never had reason to question these things because it is their plan to deceive you until they no longer need our approval or assistance.

That's when the entire plot will be made plain.

When we would have no easy way to save ourselves.
Most Democrats are young and woke and mentally diminished and don't see or feel any negative feelings or thoughts about Communism.
Former CIA Director John Brennan voted for Communist POTUS candidate, Gus Hall.
Tulsi Gabbard endorsed Communist Bernie Sanders for POTUS in 2016.
She is frequently praised as a possibility for the Presidency.
The Biden administration proposed a Soviet style Disinformation Governance Board to censor our freedom of expression. They appointed a Soviet disciplined woman to direct this bureau.

Back