the libs were right. Obama gives U.S. better image

Why would you object to him asking the justice department to censor the news but you would not object to him censoring an ad which is an example of free speech as well?

I agree that you don't get to be president by being timid but we need to make them be trustworthy.

The point is that it was candidate Obama, not President Obama, who asked the Justice Department to censor the ad. As a presidential candidate, he had no power to enforce his desires at all. That' the real difference.

Posted by Andy:

Huh? Either, I'm missing something, or you are. Chavez has won unlimited presidency. Now, thus far he still has to come up for an election... but the removal of the term limits has been approved. You are thinking of the 2007 election, in which Venezuelians voted down unlimited presidency.

Dang, you're right! I hadn't heard that one. The last I heard, Chavez lost his bid to become dictator for life.

I flat out don't believe that Obama is against the fairness doctrine. He's lied about everything else, why not this? What happened to cutting the deficit in half like he promised? Instead it's going to be tripled. What happened to that middle class tax cut? Now we're just going to raise taxes.

Well, he has voiced opposition to the fairness doctrine. I already have an agreement with someone (Genseca?) to publicly denounce Obama should the Congress pass it and he not veto it. I'm watching to see what happens.

Your Social Security number, was promised by FDR, to never by used as individual ID system, nor be used to track individuals. Now it's used for both. SS is still hailed as a grand success by the left.

Yes, that was the promise made and broken.
Who is hailing SS as a grand success? Anyone here want to stick up for "the left" and tell us what a great success SS has been? Anyone, anyone????

As for the rest, it sounds like you did get trampled on by the phone company, but were able to fight back successfully. You're right, of course, about what happens when the government gets too big, too powerful, too intrusive, as has been happening for quite some time now.

Werbung:
The point is that it was candidate Obama, not President Obama, who asked the Justice Department to censor the ad. As a presidential candidate, he had no power to enforce his desires at all. That' the real difference.

I guess to me, that indicates he believes the government has the right or ability to censor freedom of speech. What position he held at the time, is irrelevant to the mind set and theory of government he holds. Moreover, he was a US Senator at the time, which has a massive control on budgets. You don't think the Justice Department knew that?

Well, he has voiced opposition to the fairness doctrine. I already have an agreement with someone (Genseca?) to publicly denounce Obama should the Congress pass it and he not veto it. I'm watching to see what happens.

My point was that he will enact legislation that will have similar outcome to the fairness doctrine, without passing "The Fairness Doctrine" TM. I don't think he'll pass something so divisive outright. He'll widdle away at freedom of speech one branch at a time.

Yes, that was the promise made and broken.
Who is hailing SS as a grand success? Anyone here want to stick up for "the left" and tell us what a great success SS has been? Anyone, anyone???

Top Gun, and Shaman both have sighted SS as a massive success. Which means they must have never been at a publically funded retirement home.

As for the rest, it sounds like you did get trampled on by the phone company, but were able to fight back successfully. You're right, of course, about what happens when the government gets too big, too powerful, too intrusive, as has been happening for quite some time now.

Ha! They didn't trample me. I trampled them :p I was planning to buy high speed internet from them before they started bugging me about it. Instead they lost that business, and the phone service I already had. Losers!

:cool:

My point was that he will enact legislation that will have similar outcome to the fairness doctrine, without passing "The Fairness Doctrine" TM. I don't think he'll pass something so divisive outright. He'll widdle away at freedom of speech one branch at a time.

Obama will enact legislation? I think the Constitution gives the Congress the right to enact legislation. If they do, and Obama doesn't veto it, I'll be the first to condemn him for it.

How about this: If the legislature does pass the fairness doctrine, or something like it, and Obama does veto it, will you promise to make a post praising him?:)

Deal?:D
Top Gun, and Shaman both have sighted SS as a massive success. Which means they must have never been at a publically funded retirement home.

I guess that's what it means. It must mean that they've never done the math to see just what kind of a return the SS retirees are getting on their investment, either. How about it, Shaman and Top Gun, is SS really such a good deal?

Ha! They didn't trample me. I trampled them :p I was planning to buy high speed internet from them before they started bugging me about it. Instead they lost that business, and the phone service I already had. Losers!

:cool:

Good for you.

Werbung:
Obama will enact legislation? I think the Constitution gives the Congress the right to enact legislation. If they do, and Obama doesn't veto it, I'll be the first to condemn him for it.

How about this: If the legislature does pass the fairness doctrine, or something like it, and Obama does veto it, will you promise to make a post praising him?:)

Deal?:D

Absolutely. I praised him for planning to cut taxes. Of course he sure screwed that over, didn't he? But yeah, if he does something right for once, I'll be for it.

Back