The Sad Drug War Is Necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

President Obama recently announced he is rushing additional border agents to the U.S. side of the border with Mexico to prevent the druggies from taking their armed invasion onto U.S. soil.

Thank God for national boundaries and border lines, as without them BHO would not have the authority to protect Americans from this horrific invasion ... and any U.N. resolution or multi-national "treaty" to end national borders needs to be soundly defeated.

It is truly sad that the drug war is so necessary, however.

The money spent on preventing the deadly scourge that so-called "recreational" drugs are could be spent on other projects of need.

But druggies, whether they be growers, manufacturers, pushers, soldiers or users, are engaged in a deadly activity that injures and kills so many of the "non-combatant" people with whom they come in contact, as well as themselves, that such deadly destructive behavior they wrongly inflict simply cannot be allowed to stand in a modern, health-affirming, progressive society of enlightened human beings.

Thus the drug war, defending against the druggie onslaught of multiple-form death, is truly necessary, just as defending against other likewise real terrorist invasions is truly necessary.

It is sad that our defenders sometimes die in the process of defending our country and our people. That is the sadness of war.

Were it not for the fact that so many of the population is susceptible to drug addiction, were it not for the fact that un-recovered drug addiction always results in premature death to self and/or others, were it not for the fact that a drugged society destroys itself from within, causing national worker collapse and bankruptcy, were it not for the fact that drug users behind the wheel kill and injure hundreds of thousands of innocent people annually as well as themselves, were it not for the fact that drug addicted mothers give birth to birth-defected children, were it not for these and so many other reasons, there'd be no need to be concerned about "recreational" drugs, because then there'd simply be no reason to stop the influx of these drugs, an influx that might be non-existent due to lack of demand.

But that simply is not the case.

So-called "recreational" drugs are deadly, and that's not a matter for rational conjecture.

Thus, though it is sad, the drug war is necessary to repulse this deadly invasion of "recreational" drugs ... and President Obama knows it.

There is, therefore, another sadness connected to the drug war: the sadness that some people simply don't realize how necessary this war is.

Indeed, there are essentially two kinds of people in America who erroneously don't get the necessity of the drug war: 1) druggies -- users and pushers of so-called "recreational" drugs, utilitarians mostly, people lacking in ontological self-respect and respect for others, people lacking in epistemological knowledge of the damage they do to themselves and others with drugs in so many ways, and 2) money-lovers -- people who love money more than life itself.

The first class of people are obvious in their opposition to the drug war, and their opposition is void of substantive meaning, simply distilling down to their basic addict's battle cry: "Gimme my drugs!"

The second class of people are sometimes less obvious, but equally misguided. They are the fiscal conservatives and especially the libertarians, who see money as their savior, make procurement and retention of money their foundational goal in life, are opposed to taxation in general because it takes their precious money out of their pockets, forget that the government authorizes and prints the money they use and thus the government has foundational rights on the money itself, they ignore the truth that security is at least equally as important as freedom, and they are often the foundational proponents of intrinsically unhealthy individualism complete with emotional isolation and abdication of societal personal accountability and responsibility.

These two classes of people share a number of characteristics in common, but two of these characteristics stand out from the rest: 1) both are addicts -- the druggies to their drug, the money-lovers to money, and 2) both are predominantly philosophically utilitarians.

Indeed, the greatest threats to the fabric of a healthy, life-affirming, truly progressive society are addicts and utilitarians.

Addict-utilitarians simply lack both the ontological foundation of self-awareness and respect and the epistemological foundation of knowledge of truth, and so they are a continual threat to drag society back into the dark ages of death and ignorance.

So the drug war, in addition to its essential concrete urgency, is also a battle to keep society progressing forward with an increased emphasis on primary ontology and secondary epistemology as the basis for personal philosophy complete with attendant self-awareness, self-respect, and respect for the very lives and security-freedom balance of others.

Addict-utilitarians are philosophically aberrant, an aberrance that originates from dysfunction in their family-of-origin, and it is that un-resolved dysfunction, complete with the un-repaired neuro-psychological damage it caused them, that creates their addict-utilitarian aberrance.

In addition to direct repulse of the druggie invaders, money also needs to be spent on family-of-origin damage recovery so that addict-utilitarians can receive the recovery they so greatly need, which beats throwing them all into prisons, such being the direction they are understandably and justifiably headed without recovery intervention.

Doing the right thing -- fighting the sad drug war -- is necessary.

Thankfully, President Obama realizes this as well, and has not yet succumbed to the pandering temptation to foolishly legalize additional so-called "recreational" drugs.

Indeed, if there's any benefit to having a cigarette-smoker in the White House, it's that no one understands more the imprisoning deadly damage done by drugs ... than an addict himself.

Werbung:
Indeed, the greatest threats to the fabric of a healthy, life-affirming, truly progressive society are addicts and utilitarians.
..............then target the addicts and cut demand. Simple, 10 years imprisonment with hard labour, no appeal and no parole for taking/transporting/possessing any class of banned substances; that would make a few think!

So-called "recreational" drugs are deadly, and that's not a matter for rational conjecture.

Thus, though it is sad, the drug war is necessary to repulse this deadly invasion of "recreational" drugs ... and President Obama knows it.

Are you including pot in this nonsensical diatribe? Is this another misguided attempt of yours to try an convince us all of the ridiculous notion that pot is physically addictive? Oh, I see, pot is now "deadly" too...

You really got smacked down in the last thread on this subject, so here's a suggestion.... why don't you read up on the issue, maybe take a few tokes, before making any more of a fool of yourself.

BTW, as to the title of this thread..."the sad drug war" would not be "necessary" if people such as yourself learned a little common sense or if we were rid of you entirely...Try leaving the country, there's plenty of fascist like states I'm sure would be more to your liking.

..............then target the addicts and cut demand. Simple, 10 years imprisonment with hard labour, no appeal and no parole for taking/transporting/possessing any class of banned substances; that would make a few think!
Yeah....that's done soooooooooooooo much good, to-date....you know, besides increasing the profit-margin, on sales.

:rolleyes:

Yeah....that's done soooooooooooooo much good, to-date....you know, besides increasing the profit-margin, on sales.

Rubbish, it hasn't been done yet! Bollox to em! Lock-em up and let the mothers go cold turkey for ten years whilst swinging a 20lb lump hammer! If nothing else at least the roads and verges will be well cared for.......;)

Crisis.....Success.....Freedom.....America has it all....Remember that in all these topics weather it be drug wars, financial colapse, or huricanes...crisis can not be solved. Success depends on ones ability to manage crisis. So while all this discussion is helpfull in learning how best to manage crisis the problems of drug use will not be resolved. Thats why I would put the emphisis on directing resorces toword the most disruptive accpects of any crisis. The boarder is a great place to begin prudent management of the drug war, then the courts. Marijiuana is so widely available and can be grown in your garden at almost no cost It only makes sense to me that we eleviate the burden on our juditial system of prosicuting any one on posetion charges and focus on the far more disruptive elements of crime. Simlpy put idiots will be idiots regardless of whats legal or not. If your drunk and driving you go to jail, If your stoned and driving you go to jail if your just a bad driver and you cause pain or damage to others you pay the price. We cant just keep creating laws that say some people are irisponsible so there for this is elegal. I see some kids now are smoking Smarties, should we out law Smarties.....cumon man, lets use our good sense to enforce existing law, eleminate economicly unviable laws and focus on practical solutions to managing a civil society. I can't believ were GIVING sum 144 million dollars to Mexico for the drug war ....cant we just loan it to them? I mean do we realy have so many resources that we can just GIVE money away? Who will just GIVE America money? I just dont understand how we think we can bail out everyone. END THE MADDNESS!

Are you including pot in this
Absolutely.

in this nonsensical diatribe?
Erroneous adjective.

My presentation is accurate and sensible.

You, on the other hand, are likely either a druggie or a money-lover, which means your presentation is truly the meaningless diatribe of an addict.

Is this another misguided attempt of yours to try an convince us all of the ridiculous notion that pot is physically addictive? Oh, I see, pot is now "deadly" too...
Yes, pot is known by competent healthcare professionals to be psychologically addictive and likely physically addictive as well.

Pot is deadly is many ways that addicts are truly in denial about, eventually deadly to the life of the user and to those the user kills when the user gets behind the wheel stoned.

This is the truth.

It's not a matter for rational conjecture.

But, being an obvious addict, you irrationally question what is obviously true.

You really got smacked down in the last thread on this subject,
False.

I left you addicts spinning, especially Mr. Shaman, where you kept on posting your addict diatribe to yourself long after I left -- indeed, talking to yourself is a sign of pending mental collapse ... most likely another side effect of doing your drug. :cool:

That shows that it was you who was realing from my presentation of the truth.

so here's a suggestion....
Meaningless, coming from an addict.

why don't you read up on the issue, maybe take a few tokes, before making any more of a fool of yourself.
Suggestion rejected, as I don't need to become the fool you already are in order to accurately identify your foolishness.

As far as "reading up on the issue" is concerned, I am a competent mental health practitioner, a counselor, and I have guided many a person through recovery. This is my field, and I know a ton more about the matter than I've revealed, and a ton more than you do for certain.

But you are posting in a manner that simply makes you appear more of a druggie than a money-lover.

So from here on, until you show otherwise, I will simply refer to you as the obvious druggie you are.

And, of course, since druggies are steeped in denial, they are nortorious presenters of fallacious excuses to keep using their drug.

BTW, as to the title of this thread..."the sad drug war" would not be "necessary" if people such as yourself learned a little common sense
I suppose you were opposed to responding to the attack on Pearl Harbor ... or the attack on Kuwait ... or the attack on the World Trade Centers on 9/11.

No wait, perhaps not, as you were perhaps not one of the attackers.

But with regard to drugs, being the druggie that you are, you are part of the problem, you are in league with the attackers, you are co-responsible for the deaths of innocents because of your addict demand for your drug.

That's why this war is so sad: because people like you are directly linked to all the deaths of innocents -- you are responsible ... yet you won't stop using, you won't stop doing what you know is wrong, and you won't stop, because you are an addict.

It is common sense that doing drugs is stupid, that it damages brain cells, that it degrades performance, that it puts others in danger when you are high, etc. etc. -- this is all common sense, truthful knowledge.

Yet you druggies are in denial.

And you are in denial because the only thing you care about is "Gimme my drug!"

Your projection about learning common sense would indeed serve you well.

or if we were rid of you entirely...
Yes, all you druggies would be very happy if those who affirm life and support the security of innocents would simply get out of your drug-addicted way.

But that's not going to happen.

And it appears that we have a President who's not going to let society become completely drug infested.

You druggies are in a very small minority, and you often show up on isolated internet sites because you can't make it in real life out in the real world.

Do yourself a favor and get some psychological help for your addiction and deal foundationally with your family-of-origin issues.

Try leaving the country,
Even if you were to act upon your projection here, no matter where you go, there you are, and without recovery, you will remain a druggie no matter where you go.

there's plenty of fascist like states I'm sure would be more to your liking.
Though your implication is that anarchy is your cup of political tea, President Obama has made it clear that anarchy, complete with its mindless premature deaths, will not be tolerated in America.

And though I calibrate from the healthy center of the political spectrum, any view right from your extreme leftist wing will erroneously myopically present healthy centrists to you as right-wing statists.

You are the one who is in the minority.

You are the one who is the addict.

You are the one who is hurting himself with drugs.

You are on the side that cannot and will not win, the side that will eventually lose.

Acceptance is really for the best.

Now I am done responding to you on the matter.

Go get clean.

As a philosophical utilitarian, I think it is time to end the War on Drugs by legalization, therby cutting the profits to the drug growers and dealers, and at the same time empting out our prisons to make space for hard core felons, not petty addicts.

......... and at the same time empting out our prisons to make space for hard core felons, not petty addicts.

This is interesting in that it shows the proportion of inmates that committed crimes whilst already under the influence of drugs.....

In the 2004 Survey of Inmates in State and Federal Correctional Facilities, 32% of state prisoners and 26% of federal prisoners said they had committed their current offense while under the influence of drugs. Among state prisoners, drug offenders (44%) and property offenders (39%) reported the highest incidence of drug use at the time of the offense. Among federal prisoners, drug offenders (32%) and violent offenders (24%) were the most likely to report drug use at the time of their crimes.

Yes, pot is known by competent healthcare professionals to be psychologically addictive and likely physically addictive as well.
Gee.....how unfortunate you're unable to name any o' those competent healthcare professionals; the typical "conservative"-conundrum.

......And, The Facts continue to get-in-your-way....

This is interesting in that it shows the proportion of inmates that committed crimes whilst already under the influence of drugs.....

In the 2004 Survey of Inmates in State and Federal Correctional Facilities, 32% of state prisoners and 26% of federal prisoners said they had committed their current offense while under the influence of drugs. Among state prisoners, drug offenders (44%) and property offenders (39%) reported the highest incidence of drug use at the time of the offense. Among federal prisoners, drug offenders (32%) and violent offenders (24%) were the most likely to report drug use at the time of their crimes.
.....And, the source for this quote, is what???

:confused:

Wouldn't it make more sense deferring-to QUALIFIED-individuals????

As a philosophical utilitarian, I think it is time to end the War on Drugs by legalization, therby cutting the profits to the drug growers and dealers, and at the same time empting out our prisons to make space for hard core felons, not petty addicts.
It's lookin' like Common Sense is gaining all of the momentum.

:cool:

"Gov. David A. Paterson (D) and legislative leaders on Friday announced an agreement to roll back the state's strict, 36-year-old drug laws, including eliminating tough mandatory minimum sentences for first-time, nonviolent drug offenders.

The "Rockefeller Drug Laws," named after former governor Nelson Rockefeller (R), are among the strictest in the country and for critics have become a symbol of the failure of the "war on drugs," which locked up large numbers of nonviolent drug offenders while having little apparent effect on drug use.

The agreement, announced in the state Capitol, follows a national shift away from criminal penalties to public health and treatment in America's decades-old fight against illegal drug use.

"There's a broader trend picking up steam around the country to roll back the drug war," said Ethan Nadelmann, executive director of the Drug Policy Alliance, an advocacy group for alternative drug laws. Mandatory sentences, that led to burgeoning prison populations and a spurt of building of new prisons, he said, "happened as a result of the drug war hysteria."

Werbung:
Thankfully, President Obama realizes this as well, and has not yet succumbed to the pandering temptation to foolishly legalize additional so-called "recreational" drugs.
Uh, yeah.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.........

"And even President Obama, who flippantly dismissed a question on legalizing pot as not a "good strategy" for economic recovery, was quietly encouraging Sen. Jim Webb to move forward with legislation that would form a committee to study prison reforms and retool existing drug criminalization. :p

If his most recent statements sound like double-speak to you, get familiar with "Chicago politics." It's not 'say one thing but do another.' It's 'confuse your opponents by touching on common ground while your friends and associates work other avenues.' For drug law reform advocates, that's not such a bad thing.

Furthermore, Obama seems to be playing a complex game of behind-the-scenes chess on this issue. His flippant dismissal of legalization made older conservatives feel all warm and authoritarian inside, but his mere acknowledgement of the public's growing will to see it happen may have actually amplified the discussion even further."

BTW.....

Ya' find that list-o-names of alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll o' those pot-addicts, yet???

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back