The gun lobby is deranged

Dawkinsrocks

In the US around 10 million people suffer from manic depression
2.2 million people are schizophrenic
Millions are alcoholics
Millions use recreational drugs
And these are just the known numbers
There will be lots of undiagnosed depressives, paranoid schizophrenics, drug addicts etc
Then there will be millions of people who get nasty when they are drunk

And the gun lobby thinks it appropriate that these people should have easy access to weapons that are designed to inflict devastating damage on other humans

This means you need to add pro gun ownership people to the list because they are clearly mad

Werbung:
Millions are alcoholics
There will be lots of undiagnosed depressives, paranoid schizophrenics, drug addicts etc

And the gun lobby thinks it appropriate that these people should have easy access to weapons that are designed to inflict devastating damage on other humans

This means you need to add pro gun ownership people to the list because they are clearly mad

link ?

Millions are alcoholics

I am confused about many Americans who have chosen to be Christians and who are eager to shoot to kill anyone they believe to be a danger to anyone. For years, I chose to be a Christian and then found the hypocrisy far too horrible to understand. These folks desire to keep their freedom to own and use guns even assault weapons. But mention anyone choosing an abortion sets them off on a tirsade of federal prison. I chose not to be a Christian and I explained to my children that there is no God and never was a God. I want to live in peace and elect other peaceful people who have no desire to force any God onto anyone else. Why is this not possible at this time?

I had my eyes dilated today and can barely see what I am typing.

I am confused about many Americans who have chosen to be Christians and who are eager to shoot to kill anyone they believe to be a danger to anyone. For years, I chose to be a Christian and then found the hypocrisy far too horrible to understand. These folks desire to keep their freedom to own and use guns even assault weapons. But mention anyone choosing an abortion sets them off on a tirsade of federal prison. I chose not to be a Christian and I explained to my children that there is no God and never was a God. I want to live in peace and elect other peaceful people who have no desire to force any God onto anyone else. Why is this not possible at this time?

Now it's the Christians..what happened to this being about Conservatives?..I am a Christian, I have never tried to force any one to believe..you ask .."Why is this not possible at this time?"... Read your post..

If your children were going to be attacked would you be peaceful or let them be hurt or killed ?

Thats a rhetorical question but the point is that practically everyone wants to live in peace but you never know when you will be confronted by someone who isn't. You can try to isolate yourself but there is no escaping this.

God knows there is evil in the world and so does not condemn self defense.

My position of pro-Second Amendment American is that gun ownership is part of the fundamental human right to self-defense, explicitly stated in the Constitution by the Founding Fathers due to an overarching political philosophy regarding the balance of power between the individual and the state.
The position of the anti-gun activists in the Obama administration is “guns are icky.”
yet the media consider them the intellectuals in this debate.
…Most laughable (and this is no laughing matter, which makes the White House’s position even more angering) is the “stiffened penalties for carrying guns near schools.”
So Joe Biden’s telling me that Lanza, overcome by his mental condition to the point that he’s murdered his mother and is headed to an elementary school on a killing spree, is going to stop 1,000 yards from the playground and think, “Hey — I don’t want Obama to take away my student loan subsidy. I better keep these guns away from school!”
These are the thoughtful, well-reasoned ideas from the Liberals?

My position of pro-Second Amendment American is that gun ownership is part of the fundamental human right to self-defense, explicitly stated in the Constitution by the Founding Fathers due to an overarching political philosophy regarding the balance of power between the individual and the state.
The position of the anti-gun activists in the Obama administration is “guns are icky.”
yet the media consider them the intellectuals in this debate.
…Most laughable (and this is no laughing matter, which makes the White House’s position even more angering) is the “stiffened penalties for carrying guns near schools.”
So Joe Biden’s telling me that Lanza, overcome by his mental condition to the point that he’s murdered his mother and is headed to an elementary school on a killing spree, is going to stop 1,000 yards from the playground and think, “Hey — I don’t want Obama to take away my student loan subsidy. I better keep these guns away from school!”
These are the thoughtful, well-reasoned ideas from the Liberals?

We have far more than enough laws regarding firearms. As you point out none of them have any effect on criminals who are defined by a complete willingness to violate laws.

But if we're to have them then enforce them.

Mental health "professionals" are required to report lunatics so that they can be denied purchase on the federal background check. The VaTech killer who was known (and unreported as being) to be a lunatic. Ditto this Conn one and the Joker and many many other mass murderers. And even our own former mental health "professional" admitted that they intentionally don't report lunatics for fear that they might be "stigmatized" by the diagnosis. Lock some of these "professionals" up and see if compliance doesn't improve.

Nothing says that they might not have obtained firearms anyway (how hard is it to buy a firearm from a non-federally registered dealer ? not too hard) but then again maybe it thwarts at least some of them.

We have far more than enough laws regarding firearms. As you point out none of them have any effect on criminals who are defined by a complete willingness to violate laws.

But if we're to have them then enforce them.

Mental health "professionals" are required to report lunatics so that they can be denied purchase on the federal background check. The VaTech killer who was known (and unreported as being) to be a lunatic. Ditto this Conn one and the Joker and many many other mass murderers. And even our own former mental health "professional" admitted that they intentionally don't report lunatics for fear that they might be "stigmatized" by the diagnosis. Lock some of these "professionals" up and see if compliance doesn't improve.

Nothing says that they might not have obtained firearms anyway (how hard is it to buy a firearm from a non-federally registered dealer ? not too hard) but then again maybe it thwarts at least some of them.
You know, I've had guns all my life..I don't know a none registered dealer, now I know their out there, I just don't know one..I have never bought a firearm from a gun show..

You know, I've had guns all my life..I don't know a none registered dealer, now I know their out there, I just don't know one..I have never bought a firearm from a gun show..

un-registered gun dealers are illegal but we all know of one
220px-Eric_Holder_official_portrait.jpg

Werbung:
The right are fond of saying you can't solve a debt crisis with more debt

I even suspect they wouldn't argue that the solution to the massive problem in the US of obesity is more food

But they argue that the answer to the gun crime problem is more guns

But that is because they are mad

The evidence of the benefits of criminalising gun ownership is overwhelming

But you shouldn't expect lunatics to understand it

Back