The Tea Party will change America back to the days of Thomas Jefferson

That's okay. . .when people have nothing else to contribute, they tend to resort to name calling. I see it as a sort of "badge of honor!" in this case!

Why will you two not answer my question? Why are you avoiding it?

Lets try again....
Is it true that you both believe the hateful comments aimed at the TP by Dem politicians cited above?

Its a simple question, why can't you answer it?

Werbung:
Why will you two not answer my question? Why are you avoiding it?

Lets try again....
Is it true that you both believe the hateful comments aimed at the TP by Dem politicians cited above?

Its a simple question, why can't you answer it?

Do you believe all the hateful commentts made by your GOP leaders toward Obama? Do you approve of the highly disrespecful comments and attitude of the GOP and the tea party leaders toward our Potus?

And, in the same vein, do you approve of the constant insults and personal attacks coming from a couple of people who can't debate because they are too intent in attacking and insulting any poster who doesn't bow to their "supreme way of thinking?"

And, in the same vein, do you approve of the constant insults and personal attacks coming from a couple of people who can't debate because they are too intent in attacking and insulting any poster who doesn't bow to their "supreme way of thinking?"

Lol. Humor in the morning...

And you should be diagnosed with a borderline personality disorder
if they have half a brain will access health care.
I have learned that when talking to people with a mind of a 10 year old, it is better to use a language that they can (maybe) understand.
That is what is so stupid and frustrating with your kind
This is dishonnest and stupid.

Do you believe all the hateful commentts made by your GOP leaders toward Obama? Do you approve of the highly disrespecful comments and attitude of the GOP and the tea party leaders toward our Potus?

Why are you answering a question with a question? Can't you just be honest for once?

Were you concerned about the NUMEROUS hateful comments made by Dems during W's years? Politics are politics...get use to it. But, making unfounded racists accusations of any entire political party designed to frighten and enrage people, is going too far...but maybe you disagree.

You hear them saying FRY HIM!!!!! Well,,back in those days of Thomas Jefferson America was a totaly free and safe country to live in. You didnt have a corrupted system like you do now. You didnt have stupid juries in the courtroom. You didnt have corrupted judges. And Courts wasnt like a circus like it is now. The Tea Party will make sure that day will return.

Are you sure you are not a union member in disguise? Maybe a communist?

I am sure some tea party people would love to see a time like under Jerfferson...then they could own a few Negros and talk about how great it was to be Free while they went to vote and there wives stayed home without to right to vote...Oh the good old days for old white men.

That is so full of it.

That is the tricky man's equivalent of a lie.

These“Tea Party” activists are simpletons: they are always bringing up the “founding fathers” and the Constitution - as if any of them ever read the Constitution, much less understand its provisions for the foundation of our government.

“We want our country back!” they cry.

It’s laughable. They are like the evangelical Christians that misquote the gospels and ask, insipidly: “What would Jesus do?” They are stooges and shills for those who would use them to their own cross-purposes - those who would subvert the very foundations of our democratic institutions.

I am not a tea partuy member and I cannot speak for them but...

I have read the whole constitution (its quite small) and have read quite a lot of the FF.

(I have also read the bible through several times and spent considerable time studying just what it means.)

I suspect if we checked to see just who has read it and how much time people have devoted to understanding the const. conservatives would have put in more effort than liberals.

Most everyone (Republicans or Democrats) knows what the Constitution says. Some (mostly Republicans) want to take the Constitution LITERALY (As they do the Bible), and keep it from evolving with the needs of progress and the reality of a global economy.

It was meant to be taken literally - very literally. Word for word as if it were a legal document.:D
Others (mostly Democrats), have a healthy respect for the Constitution, but want to keep it a "LIVING DOCUMENT," that is one that does allow for new discoveries, new realities, and new frame of references that this country faces.

Living documents don't need a process for amendment.

Just as it is ridiculous to believe that the BIBLE was the literal word of God and ignore the fact that it was translated and interpreted thousands of time by MEN. . .our forefathers, in their wisdom, left enough "grey areas" that their ideology and vision could be adapted throughout the centuries, evolve with the expanding needs and increased knowledge, and continue to provide GUIDANCE for the future. . .but not a stagnation to the days when the Constitution was written!

Whether it is literal or figurative is not at all related to whether or not it has been translated or interpreted.

Going back to those days would NEGATE the real intent (and the lifespan) of our forefathers' wisdom.

REading as it was meant to be read would affirm their intent.

Are you ready to give up your voting rights?

They intended it to be amended and it was. That a woman can vote affirms the FF.
Are your ready to spend your life as a "property" of your father, husband, or son?

Woman were never considered property in the constitution.

Are you supporting going back to the time of slavery?

The constitution intended that slavery should end. So the amendment ending it affirms the constitution.

Are you ready to go back to a life expectancy of 45 to 55?

You realize that we are not talking about this kind of thing?

So is it a living document?

"Other Founding Fathers cited the need to interpret the Constitution in light of changing circumstances. Thomas Jefferson wrote, "I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." [13] But he also warned against treating the Constitution as "a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist, and shape into any form they please."[14] Jefferson's understanding of how the Constitution should be interpreted is made clear in a letter he wrote March 27, 1801, after assuming the Presidency, "The Constitution on which our union rests, shall be administered by me according to the safe and honest meaning contemplated by the plain understanding of the people of the United States, at the time of its adoption,—a meaning to be found in the explanations of those who advocated (it)...These explanations are preserved in the publications of the time, and are too recent in the memories of most men to admit of question."

In other words it means what it means but we can change it when we need to. It should not be manipulated but has a fixed meaning.

no. I have not always said so but I oten disagree with those who are more like me than unlike. I even report them too.

no. I have not always said so but I oten disagree with those who are more like me than unlike. I even report them too.

I appreciate your honesty.

I do not like insults towards any of our leaders (or our posters). And while an occasional "slip of the tongue" when frustrated is understandable, it doesn't bring anything positive to ANY discussions, whether it be in Congress, in the media, or in a forum. The CONSTANT harrassement and the bombardement of stupid and nasty remarks is TOTALLY unacceptable in any cases, from anyone.

I do not like insults towards any of our leaders (or our posters). And while an occasional "slip of the tongue" when frustrated is understandable, it doesn't bring anything positive to ANY discussions, whether it be in Congress, in the media, or in a forum. The CONSTANT harrassement and the bombardement of stupid and nasty remarks is TOTALLY unacceptable in any cases, from anyone.

Hopefully people listen to their own advice.

This flag means something to me!
animated_05a.gif

This Documernt means something to me!!
4122Hf73-RL._SX270_.jpg

Its time to throw out the liberals and put in real men and women in congress!

Werbung:
Great progress! One post without an insult!Congratulations!

Maybe you can learn. BTW I compiled a few of yours for all to see and for your scrapbook. Perhaps it needs a "new cover". But of course you pretended not to notice I'm sure, and pretend otherwise.

Do you actually want to stand there and tell the board that you are without blame for what you whine about others doing?

Oh yeah. When it's YOU it's just an opinion in a frustrated state. The state of hypocrisy.
Bug off Broad.

Back