1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

US ranked low in aid

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Popeye, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

This is for all you guys who like to tout how generous the US is, relative to the rest of the world. The rankings also use overall neutrality and human rights as a consideration, dragging the US ranking down. None of this is a surprise.
    http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1689081,00.html?xid=feed-cnn-world

2. USMC the Almighty

USMC the Almighty New Member

3. USMC the Almighty

4. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

5. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Your "moral obligation"?

I disagree that I am being "one-sided". After all, I acknowledge America's preeminence in the world in when it comes to occupying other counties, killing their citizens, and just plain good old fashion imperialism.

6. USMC the Almighty

Why should we be at the top? Why should we give anything? Why should we meddle in other country/people's affairs to begin with? If you're such a big fan of humanitarianism then I assume you're a big supporter of the Iraq War (unless your one of those kooky "blood for oil" people).

7. USMC the Almighty

This was a joke, Pops.

You can't really say you're being fair and open-minded here Popeye. To date, you have started about 15 threads that do nothing but berate the U.S. and attempt to show how horrible of a country we are. Some titles of your threads include things like "U.S. Atrocities in Iraq" and "U.S. Military Kills Civilians".

Why don't you start one that says something like "Terrorist Attacks Down 59% Since June" or "Baghdad Reports Number of Iraqi Civilians Killed Down 81% Since June" or "Secterian Violence Dropped Off by 72% Since Implementation of Surge" or "IED Casualties Drop 80%"? Why, because you are completely one-sided. Anything that shines the U.S., our military, the President, or Republicans in anything less than the villain is not okay in your book.