What is the point of god?

rationalist

So god existed for infinity before he made the universe.

Why?

What was the point of god for all that 'time' and what did he do?

And what could possibly have happened to trigger making the universe given that it happened after an infinity of possibilities?

Werbung:
I would say that if there is a supreme being who created the planet Earth, he did it to make manifest his own thoughts, much like a writer, an artist or a film producer. The desire to create is the strongest desire of any living being.

If God was all there was before then, then God was the universe. Maybe God, if there is one, was not conscious before then. The Hindus have an interpretation of God they call Brahman, which is supposedly beyond existence and non-existence, and this God creates universes by dreaming about them. Brahman's dreams last a long time. I suppose that makes eternity more interesting. Being all alone couldn't be very interesting, so I would imagine.

Why?

And what could possibly have happened to trigger making the universe given that it happened after an infinity of possibilities?

Your question is only valid within the confines of this universe. Space-time began 15 billion years ago (as best we can tell). What existed prior, and what exists outside our universe is not known, and may not be knowable. God in the Bible is described as I AM (e.g., existence), who knows the ending from the beginning, a being that likely resides outside of our universe in a place where time either has no meaning, or is completely different than what we observe. It takes real faith to KNOW what exits outside of what is knowable--whether you believe in God or dismiss the possibility. But the tenor of your posts make me wonder if you aren't like the character in Chronicles of Riddick "I believe in God, and I hate the F-er."

Why?

Time is a relative quantity. One day for you may be a thousand years for others. And make no mistake, this isn't some kind of subjective nonsense but VERIFIABLE PHENOMENON.

Infinite time isn't about a steady tick tock of clock towards infinity. It is more like an infinitessimal time differential being dilated to infinity.

Creative will.

Werbung:
Your question is only valid within the confines of this universe. Space-time began 15 billion years ago (as best we can tell). What existed prior, and what exists outside our universe is not known, and may not be knowable. God in the Bible is described as I AM (e.g., existence), who knows the ending from the beginning, a being that likely resides outside of our universe in a place where time either has no meaning, or is completely different than what we observe. It takes real faith to KNOW what exits outside of what is knowable--whether you believe in God or dismiss the possibility. But the tenor of your posts make me wonder if you aren't like the character in Chronicles of Riddick "I believe in God, and I hate the F-er."

If God is a being that lives outside of our universe, why would this deity need to interfere with our own? Doesn't he have enough to do in his own? And if this deity lives outside of our universe and yet manipulates ours, why should we trust it? Seems rather like an invasive species to me.

Back