What Kind Of Coward Is Edward Snowden?

cashmcall

June 12, 2013 · by danbojangles · Bookmark the permalink. ·

Let’s get right into the meat of the massive, still developing, scandal that is the revelation of the size/scope/activity of the American surveillance state. The question that’s on the minds/lips of every “journalist,” media pundit, and national politician within arms-reach of their White House talking-points check list.. The question that’s being posed subtly, through insinuation, and not-so-subtly, by name.. The most important, pressing, relevant question of the day:
Exactly what kind of coward is Edward Snowden?
Let’s analyze this through a series of questions.
What kind of coward would decide, at only 29 years old, to single-handedly expose, and subsequently challenge, the most powerful, sophisticated, technologically-advanced government in the history of the world?
What kind of coward would willingly/consciously abandon:
The comforts of a lifestyle afforded by a job paying roughly $200,000 a year?
A home in Hawaii, shared by a girlfriend?
All intimate relationships with family, friends, and loved ones (including the aforementioned girlfriend)?
The stability/familiarity of living in the country of your birth, and native language?
What kind of coward, at 29 years old, would consciously/willfully challenge arguably the most advanced intelligence agencies in the world to employ surveillance technology of unfathomable complexity in what’s sure to become a manhunt of epic proportions?
What kind of coward would choose to invite that manhunt in a country or continent with which they were largely unfamiliar?
What kind of coward would subject his life, accomplishments, and character to 24/7 scrutiny from the esteemed American media machine?
What kind of coward would challenge an administration that has asserted, and acted on the assertion, that they have the authority to assassinate US citizens without regard for those rights past generations believed to be enshrined in our founding document, such as due process?
What kind of coward would challenge an administration that has asserted the authority to indefinitely detain American citizens?
What kind of coward would challenge a government that has, in the past decade, tortured people TO DEATH, with impunity?
What kind of coward would invite uncertainty/instability of incalculable proportions into his life for the idea that Americans, indeed the world, should be permitted to publicly debate the scope of a secret, pervasive surveillance grid which, besides violating the 4th Amendment, has the potential to usher in a technological tyranny over the whole of humanity?
What kind of coward would risk the majority of humanity misinterpreting his actions as being those of a “traitor”..?
What kind of coward would be confident enough in the rightness of his convictions to risk having a majority of humanity be misled into believing he’s a “traitor” to his county? (Note: pundits have already called for his execution for “treason.”)
What kind of coward would recognize/weigh everything he stood to lose, and decide that an idea like “freedom” was worth the risk?
ANSWER:
The kind of coward you could only hope to be.

Werbung:
Whether Edward Snowden was right or wrong in revealing the extent of US hacking of private citizens internet posts he is not coward. He had to fled to two Communist countries, China and Russia. He is trying to get to a South American country Ecuador. The only reason why he can find sanctuary there is because the USA by invading so many countries like Cuba and even assassinating leaders is unpopular there. See the Bay of Pigs disaster on my web site. Aus22.bigblog.com.au.

He may have to stay away from home for years like the Australian in the Ecuador Embassy in London.

Whether Edward Snowden was right or wrong in revealing the extent of US hacking of private citizens internet posts he is not coward. He had to fled to two Communist countries, China and Russia. He is trying to get to a South American country Ecuador. The only reason why he can find sanctuary there is because the USA by invading so many countries like Cuba and even assassinating leaders is unpopular there. See the Bay of Pigs disaster on my web site. Aus22.bigblog.com.au.

He may have to stay away from home for years like the Australian in the Ecuador Embassy in London.

well he'll probably be dead in a year in Equidor. probably should have stayed in Cuba.

is it just possible that the sleeping bear is waking up ?
wwill America finally say enough ?
God I hope so...I don't know if the guy is a hero or not..all I know is if he would have went through proper channels.. we would not be talking about this today....

Aus22.. we have had our share of wrong doings..but this is still the greatest Country on this planet, bar none...

This week the government that brought you the Patriot Act, worldwide eavesdropping, bugs designed to destroy computer networks, the capability to intercept anything you do or send on a computer or phone including GPS which is able to track your movements, places cameras in public venues, embeds microprocessors in your passport, operates drone aircraft able to photograph a mole on you ass from 4 miles away, and a hierarchy that has the power to shut down every means of communication available to you if it feels threatened, has charged Edward Snowden with espionage.
That is some rich crap, indeed. In a world turned completely upside down, where the cowards and traitors of Congress, point fingers at Ed Snowden and tell us that somehow his telling the truth is treason and that their own lying and stealing trillions from the American taxpayer and giving it to bankers is virtuous and patriotic. Who are you going to believe? What is the litmus test?
Edward Snowden told the truth. Nobody is charging him with lying. Ed Snowden embarrassed that culture of criminals and ne'er do wells that inhabit D.C. He exposed the extent to which government can pry into our lives while ignoring the Constitution. He embarrassed all of the Congressmen and women who really don't give a shit what government does so long as they get theirs. The only time they get angry is when some government contractor kid exposes their shitty oversight and work habits- which of course jeopardizes their ability to win re-election.
That's what this is really all about.
The sycophants are out in force. The government stooges and statists, carrying our corrupt governments' water for them, are telling us how Ed Snowden had no right to do what he did. He was supposed to go through "proper channels" by telling the same worthless bastards in Congress that allowed all of this to happen in the first place- what was happening.
They would have buried that information along with Snowden. His information would have been discredited, his life ruined. Snowden was smart enough to know all of that. You know what really pisses them off? Snowden has outsmarted them. Some punk kid, sans an Ivy league law degree, has made them look like the ineffective boozehounds that they are. How much does Snowden know? What if he listened in on a few of their conversations, maybe grabbed an email here or there? Oh the possibilities...
Maybe just maybe, Snowden is who he says he is. A patriot. I'll take what little I know of him over that pile of garbage in D.C. any day of the week.

God I hope so...I don't know if the guy is a hero or not..all I know is if he would have went through proper channels.. we would not be talking about this today....

I cant believe that after wikileaks that they leave data unprotected again.

of course NSA now is keeping all this data so the effort is going to figure out what to do with it all so protection tookma back seat.

I have no problem with this. Shred the constitution and there should be karma to be balanced.

Really you guys? I don't think he's a hero at all. If he had wanted to be a whistleblower, he should have done it here, not in some Communist country. Is there any doubt that both China and Russia now have everything he has? The two allied countries that have infiltrated our institutions and stolen our top secrets, not to mention our patents and even our jobs.

We have absolutely no idea what all he's stolen and when it's all going to come back and bite us in the butt.

what no one asks of this traitor...is...is what he says even accurate? Anyone realy think he can bug the president as a contractor on the job for 3 months like he claims? The dude thinks very high of himself, and is just making shit up...sure there is facts in but thats how you best tell a lie. He probably believes his own crap though. Claims the program is against the 4th....when the courts already said it does not...but you know with his no legal training...we should just go with him. BUt then again that is the new right wing idea...what ever you think is law...is law...regardless of what courts say. and the world must go by what you think. ( most likey why you guys keep passing laws that are then shot down by the courts...all while screaming about the constitution when you don't agree with the law.

And if you take out the NSA spying program that took records of phone numbers and duration ( not actually listing to your calls) ...he is also talking about things that are US intel on outside the US on non americans...aka why we have a fucking NSA...and the right will just cheer him on. If he was under Bush you guys would have called for his head of course.

Really you guys? I don't think he's a hero at all. If he had wanted to be a whistleblower, he should have done it here, not in some Communist country. Is there any doubt that both China and Russia now have everything he has? The two allied countries that have infiltrated our institutions and stolen our top secrets, not to mention our patents and even our jobs.

We have absolutely no idea what all he's stolen and when it's all going to come back and bite us in the butt.

I don't think he is a hero or a traitor...though he might turn out to be either one.

A much bigger problem for our nation than Snowden, is a federal government out of control....it is not bound by the rule of law...it continually ignores the Constitution...and nothing is done to stop it. But the Statists are likely to do something to silence this 29 year old.

What we need are MORE whistleblowers...blowing the whistle on our corrupt and all powerful government.

The American bullyboys are making themselves generally loathed again, howling down your admirable people. Release Bradley Manning, by the way!

Werbung:
what no one asks of this traitor...is...is what he says even accurate? Anyone realy think he can bug the president as a contractor on the job for 3 months like he claims? The dude thinks very high of himself, and is just making shit up...sure there is facts in but thats how you best tell a lie. He probably believes his own crap though. Claims the program is against the 4th....when the courts already said it does not...but you know with his no legal training...we should just go with him. BUt then again that is the new right wing idea...what ever you think is law...is law...regardless of what courts say. and the world must go by what you think. ( most likey why you guys keep passing laws that are then shot down by the courts...all while screaming about the constitution when you don't agree with the law.

And if you take out the NSA spying program that took records of phone numbers and duration ( not actually listing to your calls) ...he is also talking about things that are US intel on outside the US on non americans...aka why we have a fucking NSA...and the right will just cheer him on. If he was under Bush you guys would have called for his head of course.
My friend go back and read some liberal post from when Bush was President on this and much, much less important issues...

Back