Who won the debate?

Pandora

I dont know, I think they both did well. But something I had not thought of before tonight was something at the end.

When Obama said he can heal America over the war and give us good standing around the world, (something he has said many times)

McCain reminded us that he helped heal those wounds of Vietnam, and got normalized relations with Vietnam. He has already proven he can do what Obama often says he can do.

I had not thought of that.

I think they both did well, so I guess a tie

but Obama did make some really funny faces

Werbung:
I'd have to give it to McCain, but only by a few points. The most telling thing for me was the fact that Obama kept playing the Bush card, as well as playing the "we shouldn't have gone to Iraq in the first place" card. What that says to me is that Obama didn't have anything he could really go after McCain on, so he was using the old "misdirection" game by trying to paint McCain as Bush.

Obama got caught several times on either flat out fabrications, and spent a lot of time equivocating, as well as the fact that he's changed his positions so much that you need a scorecard to find out what he "belives" this week. McCain had several opportunities to land knock-out blows, and he flubbed them, badly. Honestly, I was dissapointed in both of them, but I knew several months ago that regardless of who wins, that America isn't getting a "first string" player, some come January, you'd better be ready for a one-term wonder that's not going to do anything except "warm the bench".

I dont know, I think they both did well. But something I had not thought of before tonight was something at the end.

When Obama said he can heal America over the war and give us good standing around the world, (something he has said many times)

McCain reminded us that he helped heal those wounds of Vietnam, and got normalized relations with Vietnam. He has already proven he can do what Obama often says he can do.

I had not thought of that.

I think they both did well, so I guess a tie

but Obama did make some really funny faces

Ironically, both sides said before hand (based on Carl Cameron and Major Garrett on FNS) they were hoping for a draw.

That's an excellent observation on McCain. The man is a walking testimonial of someone with a forgiving spirit. He had every reason to hate anything to do with 'Nam, yet he's done as much as any individual build that bridge.

It is altruistic hyperbole on Obama's part. He cannot heal America in the sense he speaks. Our standing in the world is as much a reflection of the derision of he and his compatriots as much as any other factor.

About the war/healing: The fact is that war, ANY war, is a deeply divisive time for our country. Some more so than others, but there are always factions deeply committed to being for or against. Only history can prove beyond doubt where the truth lies (if the media will allow us to have it!) and even then often retains subjectivity.

Obama making funny faces? Now how "presidential" is that?... Perhaps it was gas, since he's so full of hot air...

I'd have to give it to McCain, but only by a few points. The most telling thing for me was the fact that Obama kept playing the Bush card, as well as playing the "we shouldn't have gone to Iraq in the first place" card. What that says to me is that Obama didn't have anything he could really go after McCain on, so he was using the old "misdirection" game by trying to paint McCain as Bush.

Obama got caught several times on either flat out fabrications, and spent a lot of time equivocating, as well as the fact that he's changed his positions so much that you need a scorecard to find out what he "belives" this week. McCain had several opportunities to land knock-out blows, and he flubbed them, badly. Honestly, I was dissapointed in both of them, but I knew several months ago that regardless of who wins, that America isn't getting a "first string" player, some come January, you'd better be ready for a one-term wonder that's not going to do anything except "warm the bench".

I really hate it when Obama does the I oposed Iraq in the first place.

1. The stupid moron was only running for US Senator at that time and never voted no, he just spewed words

2. its a done deal, we are in Iraq, to go on and on that "I would have voted no" does not change that we are there now and what is next. for a guy who keeps talking about the future he keeps looking back to what he would have done had he been a senator.

His camp said tonight that when McCain spoke about his experience it was all stuff from the past and Obama is about the future, but all Obama can talk about is what he would not have done if he would have been a senator way back when he was not voting. That isnt very futuristic in my book

Ironically, both sides said before hand (based on Carl Cameron and Major Garrett on FNS) they were hoping for a draw.

That's an excellent observation on McCain. The man is a walking testimonial of someone with a forgiving spirit. He had every reason to hate anything to do with 'Nam, yet he's done as much as any individual build that bridge.

It is altruistic hyperbole on Obama's part. He cannot heal America in the sense he speaks. Our standing in the world is as much a reflection of the derision of he and his compatriots as much as any other factor.

About the war/healing: The fact is that war, ANY war, is a deeply divisive time for our country. Some more so than others, but there are always factions deeply committed to being for or against. Only history can prove beyond doubt where the truth lies (if the media will allow us to have it!) and even then often retains subjectivity.

Obama making funny faces? Now how "presidential" is that?... Perhaps it was gas, since he's so full of hot air...

He looked like he needed to take a crap. sorry to be vulger but he did.

Our country is so devided right now, even race stuff. I come from a really non racist state and last week someone made a card board cut out of Obama and hung it on a tree and wrote mean stuff about the affermative action group at that college. This would have never happened before. So many race related things are happening that never used to happen.

If this man is cracking the USA in half, how can he heal the world or the war

I think a large part of McCain's continuing reluctance to go for the throat has to do with some of the criticisms about his temperament. I suspect he may feel that it's extremely important for him to maintain a higher than average level of composure and almost a patriarchal tolerance. And I'm not so sure he's wrong on that. If he does go on the offensive, the media absolutely rips him.

I think a large part of McCain's continuing reluctance to go for the throat has to do with some of the criticisms about his temperament. I suspect he may feel that it's extremely important for him to maintain a higher than average level of composure and almost a patriarchal tolerance. And I'm not so sure he's wrong on that. If he does go on the offensive, the media absolutely rips him.

That is a good point.

I liked when the tv did a split screen and you could see Obama torking and twisting his face while McCain spoke with a smile. it was priceless

Obama is going down in flames... :)

Would have liked to see Ron Paul up there with them... or at least Bob Barr. I think its crap that these debates are only between the two party candidates and third party candidates are not welcome.

I can see that, yet at the same time, there's a difference between "ripping their throats out", and admonishing to the point of embarassment. Take the Reagan/Mondale debate for instance. When Reagan said "I won't make age an issue in this debate. I refuse to use my opponants youth and inexperience against him", or something to that effect, after that, it was "Mondale who?"

Obama is going down in flames... :)

Would have liked to see Ron Paul up there with them... or at least Bob Barr. I think its crap that these debates are only between the two party candidates and third party candidates are not welcome.

OH I did not think about that. Are they going to be in any of the debates?

I dont think Obama did badly, he just made some seriously wierd faces

it was a good debate.
juan lied a bit.
yet
that is what is republicans and conservatives do

lie

What lie? I clearly saw Obama "shade the truth" several times, and even repeatedly try to mischaracterize McCains record, but I didn't see where McCain did that.

Werbung:
I can see that, yet at the same time, there's a difference between "ripping their throats out", and admonishing to the point of embarassment. Take the Reagan/Mondale debate for instance. When Reagan said "I won't make age an issue in this debate. I refuse to use my opponants youth and inexperience against him", or something to that effect, after that, it was "Mondale who?"

That was a great Reagan line

Back