Who won the debate?

LOL at your ASSessment...

There are two separate HUGE issues brewing throughout the Obama campaign: racism and class warfare. I find it appalling to see shades of the 1960's and earlier returning. I do not believe that racism can ever be totally eliminated, just as class envy will always be there. To an extent, the racial differences are somewhat hard-wired in us. And so is greed and jealousy. It's recognizing that and choosing not to be influenced or controlled by it and growing past it that makes a huge difference.

If we can keep inching toward the objective that racial differences can be acknowledged without putting any value for or against an individual based on race, or on a racial group corporately we will be perpetually winning the battle. I don't see where anything in Obama's rhetoric serves that objective.

what the fuk

this was not in the dabate at all

Werbung:
so if you hold your own you win?

I thought if you hold your own its a tie. I think it was probably a tie

i think that the tie
goes to obama

juan was sposed to be an expert
he missed a few names
obssesed on iraq

and missed to trounce obama

that is why the tie goes to the underdog

I can see that, yet at the same time, there's a difference between "ripping their throats out", and admonishing to the point of embarassment. Take the Reagan/Mondale debate for instance. When Reagan said "I won't make age an issue in this debate. I refuse to use my opponants youth and inexperience against him", or something to that effect, after that, it was "Mondale who?"

Oh, I agree! I'd love to see HRC give some of her brass ones out as a mutual-opposition gift!

But I think Newt Gingrich had it right. I can't recall at the moment exactly what he said, but it was to the effect that we shouldn't be looking for another Reagan, because we won't find it. He was most likely, sadly, a once-in-a-lifetime statesman.

And IMHO, I think Newt himself is one of the few Conservatives out there that could come close to pulling off that line with the humor, self-assurance and humiliation of Mondale that Reagan could.

I also liked the freeze spending on McCains part except for the absolutes.

did you notice Obama would not say what he will cut because of this dumb bail out
not even from his new trillion in spending

ya a tie goes to obamma

juan was down in the polls
a tie keeps juan
down in the
polls

biden is trasing juan on all the after shows
poor sister sarah is ????

I also liked the freeze spending on McCains part except for the absolutes.

did you notice Obama would not say what he will cut because of this dumb bail out
not even from his new trillion in spending

a freeze in spending is nut case talk

he has no political cover for that

you can't just go against the republicans

to say

I can go against the gop and the dnc and get things done
is moronic

ya a tie goes to obamma

juan was down in the polls
a tie keeps juan
down in the
polls

biden is trasing juan on all the after shows
poor sister sarah is ????

I dont know why but I like Biden
I dont agree with him politically but I just like him

weird huh

he is doing what he needs to do, and I dont think it is easy, he and McCain are real life friends.

Confucius say:

Troll bait is like bad fruit, better to let it rot than bite at it.

LOVE it! I know that's how I feel about a certain individual - I keep fighting the urge to ask if he works hard at being such an illiterate imbecile or if it comes natural...
Nope... 3rd party is persona non grata - wouldn't want them to steal the show from these two clowns.

I'm not sure if that's totally correct. I was under the impression about the accepted guidelines of projected vote percentage or some such... I'd like to see that change, but at the same time I can appreciate that concept that in a basically two-person race, with the American public's attention span allowing other participants would distract. That doesn't mean that the two dominant candidates are going to utilize that wisely...:rolleyes:

Obama wins 1st debate...

I was a little surprised that John McCain did not get completely blown out in the debate tonight. Maybe I just had extremely low expectations.

However in looking Presidential and in presenting the facts in a calm rational demeanor Senator Obama wins on points.

It was said that John McCain never looked at his opponent and remained "hunched" over his podium. The thing I noticed right away was the cold blooded lizard like looks McCain constantly made when I presume he thought he was off camera. It was like something out of a bad B Horror Movie!

John McCain has a bad habit at pushing out a forced laugh when something really just is not funny and glaring off into space with that hyper blinking thing. It's very weird and distracting. Not the image of a President.

And there was that repeating himself thing McCain does that's bothersome.

So to be completely fair I'm going to say both guys went the distance. McCain went to his "I'm tough self image" and Senator Obama stuck to his "I'm in touch with working folk and I'm seriously interested in helping you."

Style points you'd have to give to Senator Obama but you'd expect that.

I'm now more than ever looking forward to the VP debate and the next 2 Presidential debates as the candidates sharpen up their swords.

Obama wins 1st debate...

I was a little surprised that John McCain did not get completely blown out in the debate tonight. Maybe I just had extremely low expectations.

However in looking Presidential and in presenting the facts in a calm rational demeanor Senator Obama wins on points.

It was said that John McCain never looked at his opponent and remained "hunched" over his podium. The thing I noticed right away was the cold blooded lizard like looks McCain constantly made when I presume he thought he was off camera. It was like something out of a bad B Horror Movie!

John McCain has a bad habit at pushing out a forced laugh when something really just is not funny and glaring off into space with that hyper blinking thing. It's very weird and distracting. Not the image of a President.

And there was that repeating himself thing McCain does that's bothersome.

So to be completely fair I'm going to say both guys went the distance. McCain went to his "I'm tough self image" and Senator Obama stuck to his "I'm in touch with working folk and I'm seriously interested in helping you."

Style points you'd have to give to Senator Obama but you'd expect that.

I'm now more than ever looking forward to the VP debate and the next 2 Presidential debates as the candidates sharpen up their swords.

He is hunched over because of his wounds, he cant help that. That is like making fun of someone because they cant walk or because they have a missing leg.

I do not agree that Obama won, I would say more of a tie but if someone had to be given the night I would say it was McCain. I am glad I dont have to pick because I think a tie is much better.

Didnt you notice all those weird expressions that obama was making

i couldnt tell if he wanted to crap , fart or what. McCain got under obamas skin, Obama did not get under McCains

I'm not sure if that's totally correct. I was under the impression about the accepted guidelines of projected vote percentage or some such... I'd like to see that change, but at the same time I can appreciate that concept that in a basically two-person race, with the American public's attention span allowing other participants would distract. That doesn't mean that the two dominant candidates are going to utilize that wisely.

You are correct... forgive my use of hyperbole as I didn't mean to be taken literally on that point. 3rd party guys only get there by having enough of a vote % ... I think they need 10% to get invited to the debates, if memory serves. Not entirely sure where that vote % comes from though... maybe the primaries but not positive.

Werbung:
Obama is going down in flames... :)

Would have liked to see Ron Paul up there with them... or at least Bob Barr. I think its crap that these debates are only between the two party candidates and third party candidates are not welcome.

obama is not going down in flames
your blind to partisanship

it was a good debate

i would have loved to see ron paul

yet he chickened out and did not run in the center
he would have been great

Back