Why the Gay Agenda May Tip The Scales for the GOP this Fall

Oh there's plenty of "point" to it BigRob. The point is that if they can alienate enough people in the middle against the dems, they pick up enough votes to just tip the scales in their direction.

They're a fairly desperate crowd. Despite all the false news, they've seen the actual polls showing things are pretty dire for their chances this Fall. They're in "survival" mode and anything goes, more than usual for them. They will leave no stone unturned in efforts to catch the dems off guard and pull them into dicey issues likely to pull away crucial votes.

Mark my words. They want the dems all over the gay because butt sex, like the GOP, is not as popular as some of the squeaky wheels in cable news would have you think..

You must be delusional.

Oh I forgot, you have that lefty affliction.

Werbung:
Since you, Gipper, are notoriously right of wingnut, I will take your objection to my surmising that gay marraige should not be legal nor focused on this election to mean that the GOP wants the dems to do exactly that. Otherwise, you'd be all over dropping the gay subject, like conservatives naturally would be.

So yeah, there's something "looney" about your objections for sure.

Got a problem with dems not taking sides on the gay issue do you?
:rolleyes:

Since you, Gipper, are notoriously right of wingnut, I will take your objection to my surmising that gay marraige should not be legal nor focused on this election to mean that the GOP wants the dems to do exactly that. Otherwise, you'd be all over dropping the gay subject, like conservatives naturally would be.

So yeah, there's something "looney" about your objections for sure.

Got a problem with dems not taking sides on the gay issue do you?
:rolleyes:

Sorry for not being more specific in my earlier post. I should know better by now.

My comment was specific to your comments about the Rs chances in November.

Couldn't care less about the gay issue. Gays are gays. So what? Now just shut up about it and live life.

Well it would be easier to live life without the thought that my grandkids will have to learn about gay penguins in the NY Zoo raising a chick as "normal" sexuality before they're 10 years old.

It's not the gays I object to, it's the fact that they want their culture mainstreamed. I have to return to this point often since it gets sidestepped quite a lot.

The GOP is screwed this November. They are desperate. The signs are everywhere.

Well it would be easier to live life without the thought that my grandkids will have to learn about gay penguins in the NY Zoo raising a chick as "normal" sexuality before they're 10 years old.

It's not the gays I object to, it's the fact that they want their culture mainstreamed. I have to return to this point often since it gets sidestepped quite a lot.

The GOP is screwed this November. They are desperate. The signs are everywhere.

Oh please tell us about these signs...

Well democrats are doing ads acting like republicans so the voters are going to be confused

It's a good plan really :)

And with their plans to use the New Black Panthers to intimidate white voters, who knows they might cheat their way to victory...nothing new there...

Chris Coates outlines it...

Chris Coates And More Controversy At The Department Of Justice

* September 24th, 2010 12:39 am CT

Now Chris Coates, Section Chief, and a vigorous, award winning, litigator for the DOJ, his career has spanned more than three decades, now intends to testify against his former employer. Coates resigned months ago unable to rationalize politicizing his department’s primary purpose. In opposition to the blatant conflict of interest that has been orchestrated by Eric Holder, Chris will appear in court despite obvious pressure exerted upon him to remain silent.

This crucial testimony will uncover the illegal abandonment of duty based upon racial bias and in violation of civil rights laws. Coates testimony will necessitate proceedings against the Department of Justice. As before with Christian Adams, their defense strategy will probably entail trying to discredit Coates by portraying him as yet just one more disgruntled attorney who is making unfounded allegations. The only other possible defense would be to feign ignorance of the internal policy of the DOJ that had dictated an illegal leniency for black offenders. Either defense will prove preposterous. To depict Chris Coates, one of the most prolific defenders of civil rights as a right wing protester to an ideological argument will not bode well for Obama or Eric Holder. It will expose them!
http://www.examiner.com/tea-party-i...ore-controversy-at-the-depaartment-of-justice

I saw that today, its so strange how few seem to care about it.

Yes. I am sure our lib friends here know nothing about it.

And the lib media will do their best to cover it up.

The corruption by this administration has to be the worst ever. Yet, only a few know the truth.

Maybe if the Democrats can be conned into spending a lot of energy on the gay agenda, while the Republicans can be led by the extreme right spouting nonsense about the pres being a Marxist and so on, perhaps a third party can finally be elected and break the Republican vs Democrat stranglehold on this nation.

It's time we had a party with an agenda of getting the economy back on track, bringing jobs home, and balancing the federal budget. It's just barely possible that the voters care more about that than they do either gays or RWENJs.

This seems to fit the thread:

25222_cartoon_main.jpg

Oh there's plenty of "point" to it BigRob. The point is that if they can alienate enough people in the middle against the dems, they pick up enough votes to just tip the scales in their direction.

They're a fairly desperate crowd. Despite all the false news, they've seen the actual polls showing things are pretty dire for their chances this Fall. They're in "survival" mode and anything goes, more than usual for them. They will leave no stone unturned in efforts to catch the dems off guard and pull them into dicey issues likely to pull away crucial votes.

Mark my words. They want the dems all over the gay because butt sex, like the GOP, is not as popular as some of the squeaky wheels in cable news would have you think..

My job is as a political consultant (to republicans), and I can tell you that I don't know of anyone who is looking to make gay marriage (or any other "gay" issue) an issue in the upcoming election.

There is no upside to that, and there is no point to taking the focus off the economy right now.

My job is as a political consultant (to republicans), and I can tell you that I don't know of anyone who is looking to make gay marriage (or any other "gay" issue) an issue in the upcoming election.

There is no upside to that, and there is no point to taking the focus off the economy right now.

WTH are you talking about? Dems would absolutely LOVE to take the focus off the economy. But, the only way to do that is to manufacture another big issue to distract the voting public and motivate the Dem base. No doubt they are working on this right now.

Now Big Rob, the Rs need to purge the stinking verminous progressives in their party. (if only those two *****es from Maine were up for re-election this year...) I do not see any plans to do this. What Rove, McConnell, and others are doing could kill the party, which might be a good thing. Many of the leaders of the party are working to marginalize recent primary winners and this has resulted in progressives like a-holes Crist, Castle, and Murkowski working to split the vote possibly resulting in Ds winning.

Great job R party. Please go F yourself.

If only Jim DeMint was in charge.

WTH are you talking about? Dems would absolutely LOVE to take the focus off the economy. But, the only way to do that is to manufacture another big issue to distract the voting public and motivate the Dem base. No doubt they are working on this right now.

I am going to just assume you missed Sihouette's entire argument which was that the GOP was going to make "gay" issues and issue in the November election.

You took my comments and responded with a "what the hell are you talking about", and then repeated my point....

I said (basically a quote here) that Republicans have no upside to making the issue anything other than jobs/economy etc, and I will stick with that.

Now Big Rob, the Rs need to purge the stinking verminous progressives in their party. (if only those two *****es from Maine were up for re-election this year...) I do not see any plans to do this.

Republicans need to understand that a Texas conservative is different than a Maine conservative, and if we want to be a national party, we are going to have to accept that.

What Rove, McConnell, and others are doing could kill the party, which might be a good thing. Many of the leaders of the party are working to marginalize recent primary winners and this has resulted in progressives like a-holes Crist, Castle, and Murkowski working to split the vote possibly resulting in Ds winning.

Castle has not stated he will run in any way, so I am not sure why he is even mentioned here...That said, Rove is right on the Delaware seat... it is lost, and it is lost solely because of who was nominated. What makes me mad about it is that it will hurt Republicans when it comes to committee breakdowns, and had Republicans retaken the Senate (which they won't at this point), it would have ensured that bills like Cap and Trade (which Castle might have voted for again) would never come to the floor.

Additionally, if I was the NRSC, I would offer no support to O'Donnell either. Why waste the money? There is only so much to go around, and there is no point to wasting it on a lost race.

That said, Crist and Murkowski ought to get out the races, I agree with you.

Great job R party. Please go F yourself.

If only Jim DeMint was in charge.

Expecting the entire Republican party to rush to the far right is unrealistic, unless we are going to be content to sit in the minority forever and have a progressive agenda rammed down our throats.

Werbung:
Republicans need to understand that a Texas conservative is different than a Maine conservative, and if we want to be a national party, we are going to have to accept that.
I'm with Gipper on this one... The Republicans need to purge the party of all Progressives. They push for Progressive policies under the "Conservative" banner. When those Progressive policies turn inevitably into disaster, it is "Conservatism" that gets blamed.

That said, Rove is right on the Delaware seat... it is lost, and it is lost solely because of who was nominated.
I would really like to see her win, I couldn't say the same about Castle.

Expecting the entire Republican party to rush to the far right is unrealistic, unless we are going to be content to sit in the minority forever and have a progressive agenda rammed down our throats.
Forever? Rebuild the party with basic Conservative principles (limited government, lower taxes, free markets), purge the party of all Progressives and go on from there.

Sure, the Republicans might not get back a majority right away but Americans will only take so much of the Progressive agenda. Democrats are sliding and the more they slide, the faster and harder they try to cram their agenda down our throats.

Eventually they will drive voters into the arms of Conservatives and Republicans will once again gain control of government.

Personally I think the Republicans should have sat this one out. They will retake the house and become scapegoats. Republicans will get blamed for any setbacks while Obama will get the credit for any improvements. With the Democrats in undisputed control of all three branches, they have nobody to blame and all the failures would fall squarely on the shoulders of Democrats.

Don't forget that the commercial real estate market is expected to crash in 2011.

With the Republicans having just taken over a majority in the House, who do you think will get blamed by Obama and the Media for that crisis? Republicans.

Now if the Republicans head off that crisis and take legislative action to avoid it becoming an issue, who do you think is going to get the credit? Democrats.

Seriously, I think the Republicans doing well in this election will cement the re-election of Obama.

Back