world population

In your post 142 on this thread you stated:
Marriage laws generally "punish" those who get married! I had never brought up the concept of marriage as punishment and was, in fact, surprised that you voiced that idea. My marriage is not punishment.

You introduced the word punish in the post I was responding to when, while talking about marriage laws you said:

"but passing laws to judge and punish gay people."

Werbung:
Fair enough, every one of these laws has a marriage requirement in it, "marriage" being the legal contract of marriage that is currently denied to gay people.
From the GOA: (http://www.gao.gov/archive/1997/og97016.pdf)
Tables of Laws in the United States Code
Involving Marital Status, by Category
CATEGORY 1—SOCIAL SECURITY AND RELATED PROGRAMS, HOUSING, AND FOOD STAMPS
Title 7—Agriculture
Chapter 5—Food Stamp Program
§ 2012 Definitions
§ 2014 Eligible households
§ 2020 Administration
§ 2030 Washington Family Independence Demonstration Project
§ 2031 Food stamp portion of Minnesota Family Investment Plan
Title 42—The Public Health And Welfare
Chapter 7—Social Security
Subchapter II—Federal Old-Age, Survivors, And Disability Insurance Benefits
§ 402 Old-age and survivors insurance benefit payments
§ 403 Reduction of insurance benefits
§ 404 Overpayments and underpayments
§ 405 Evidence, procedure, and certification for payments
§ 409 "Wages" defined
§ 410 Definitions relating to employment
§ 411 Definitions relating to self-employment
§ 413 Quarter and quarter of coverage
§ 415 Computation of primary insurance amount
§ 416 Additional definitions
§ 422 Rehabilitation services
§ 423 Disability insurance benefit payments
§ 425 Additional rules relating to benefits based on disability
§ 426 Entitlement to hospital insurance benefits
§ 426-1 End stage renal disease program
§ 427 Transitional insured status for purposes of old-age and survivors benefits
§ 428 Benefits at age 72 for certain uninsured individuals

Nice list. Which one of those things grants what to straight married people?

The expansion of State powers that you object to will be negligible if the tiny minority of gay people in this country are simply given marriage equality.

It is the principle.

Right now the state has the power to restrict the activities of hets when they get married ONLY because they have a compelling interest in the well being of the child.

There is no compelling interest for the state to get involved in what gay people do.

If we allow the state to do things when there is no compelling interest the precedent is set for the state to do anything else with no compelling interest.

Legal rights are given by way of law, if you're talking about the God-given rights of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, then yes, I agree with you. It's not a God-given right that you be allowed to drive a car on the public streets, the State gives or denies you that right by law.

The constitution is pretty clear that ALL rights are retained by each individual and do not need to be named or codifed in law to exist. That includes the rights of gays to get married without the state having to issue a license first. If a gay person must get a license first that is a restriction.

In eleven years the world population has increased almost one billion. The "flood" has occurred primarily in Africa, the Carribean, Latin America, and Asia.

It's the contribution to the world by those who breed 'em but can't feed 'em.

Must be the result of those "conservative family values" eh?
Hardly.

"conservatives" are bigger-fans of "population-containment"; aka The Final Solution.

healthcare1.jpg

Marriage infidelity is not restricted in US law. I realize that you may live in another country like Nums does and may not know this. This is not any kind of valid argument for you to use when discussing US law.

Marriage laws restrict infidelity by punishing cheaters in divorce courts all across the country.

Werbung:
So, up above you said "nope" to my query about your being married, and here you say that you have been faithful, are your children legal?

YOu said:

"You don't give a damn about gays rights being restricted, I had hoped that you would turn out to be an honest person, Mr. Who, but this post is in the lying SOS catagory. You've been all over the map trying different arguments to make a case against marriage rights for all the people who want them--I'll wager that you yourself are married--but I've pointed out the lies and the inconsistencies in every single one of them. "

In the way the english language is generally used the parts between the dashes ( the part that I did not bold) is an aside and not the main points of a statement.

I responded to you main points when I said "nope".

Back