2 000 000 signatures or dollars. What will make you a president?

sonyagreen

The forthcoming election of president in Russia scheduled for March 4, 2012 is already illegitimate. Why? Candidates from parliamentary parties and self-nominee candidates are set in unequal conditions in violation of Constitution. If you are a self-nominee you are to collect 2 million signatures of votes in you support, in......20 days! That is the price of registration you as a candidate. Sounds unrealistic, and it is actually so! That is how unwanted candidates are being sorted out from the election. Or maybe not all of them, if you are an oligarch, like Michael Prokhorov, and have enough money to fabricate those signatures, you are welcome to continue in the election race.

Werbung:
The forthcoming election of president in Russia scheduled for March 4, 2012 is already illegitimate. Why? Candidates from parliamentary parties and self-nominee candidates are set in unequal conditions in violation of Constitution. If you are a self-nominee you are to collect 2 million signatures of votes in you support, in......20 days! That is the price of registration you as a candidate. Sounds unrealistic, and it is actually so! That is how unwanted candidates are being sorted out from the election. Or maybe not all of them, if you are an oligarch, like Michael Prokhorov, and have enough money to fabricate those signatures, you are welcome to continue in the election race.

Well, I guess money speaks in politics. . .both in the Soviet Union AND in the United States. When even the Supreme Court can be bought (at least along party lines) by big business. . .there is no chance for just a regular guy!

Well, I guess money speaks in politics. . .both in the Soviet Union AND in the United States. When even the Supreme Court can be bought (at least along party lines) by big business. . .there is no chance for just a regular guy!

while money speaks in politics you may want to revisit the claim regarding the Supreme Court. Sides were blurred on the several decisions that wound up deciding it. Read more here, kind of long but the who did what is about mid-way through.

while money speaks in politics you may want to revisit the claim regarding the Supreme Court. Sides were blurred on the several decisions that wound up deciding it. Read more here, kind of long but the who did what is about mid-way through.

I wasn't referring to the 2000 elections. I was referring to the 2010 decision which was CLEARLY made along party lines.

Wikepedia:
Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so agree with you. we have such problems. I'm in Russia now on exchange programm. look after their illegal elections with my own eyes...
money in politics is a real quarantee of a power.

For instanse their candidat Svetlana Peunova was excluded from the list of candidates for submitting not-enough amount of signatures in her support. Interestingly enough, political scientists consider the amount of signatures stated by acting elective legislation impossible for collection in allocated time period, which means, that candidates who met the requested amount (including oligarch Prokhorov) are likely to have committed fraud.
She requested the Supreme Court of the RF to prove consistency of acting Russian elective legislation with Russian constitution, the direct-acting law of the country. The hearing rejected the request: The power did not invent insuperable obstacles for not-approved candidates to have second thoughts.

Hi guys!

I want to continue this topic about unconstitutional elections in Russia. I'm here on the exchange programme now and can directly see all their events. Many citizens do not allow bloody plans to happen... They think oligarchs and corrupted officials must resign because there is no more space for them in bright future.

At the same time many people support their national leader Svetlana Peunova and believe she will lead the country to the prosperity. What goes around comes around.

Werbung:
Back