20 million asians.

You can't imagine at all how stopping a massive, economically unnecessary influx of desperately poor surplus unemployable Third World hand laborers that no one wants here would assist the USA?

..the post is about highly skilled/educated immigrants! :rolleyes:

..as for no one wanting them? well for H-1B visas in 2005 (I think) the quota set by the immigration service was 65,000. This was filled in a day!

Three, it could just be environmental; Vietnamese living in comfort in the US are naturally going to have a higher IQ than Vietnamese malnourished and miserable in Vietnam.

Do you know I think you could be right!! It may very well have something to do with the heavy monsoon seasons they have in those parts of South East Asia? All that rain beating down on their heads surely must mean that some brain cells get dislodged whilst they're out in the rice paddies swirling the water buffallo poo around!! Coupled with that, if they don't get enough rice then there is not enough stodge in their diets to glue the brain cells together!! Thus if their brain cells are coming unglued nad dropping out because of the rain constantly beating on those loosened brain cells then they're bound to be stupider! That's why the more intelligent amongst them will wear those wide brimmed hats to lesten the kinetic energy induced impact on their heads thereby protecting their brains from precipitent impact related braincell deterioration.....yes I see it now!

Conclusion: I think that the US immigration department should turn back all them gooks not wearing hats as them's the stupid ones :cool:

Werbung:
Maybe, but there's a couple points to be made that qualify that. One, the fact that Vietnamese have a lower mean IQ doesn't mean there aren't exceptionally intelligent Vietnamese. It only means that if you take a random sample of the Vietnamese population and compare it to a random sample of the white population, the white population mean will probably be higher than the Vietnamese population mean. In the social sciences we call this the "man who" phenomenon -- i.e., "I know a man who smoked four packs of cigarettes a day and never got lung cancer." The presence of outliers doesn't preclude meaningful categorization.

Two, it could be Vietnamese really do have exceptionally high IQs but that other Southeast Asians have lower ones, and that the net effect is to drag Vietnamese down.

Three, it could just be environmental; Vietnamese living in comfort in the US are naturally going to have a higher IQ than Vietnamese malnourished and miserable in Vietnam.

OK - back up your claim of low southeast asian IQ from a reputable qualified source.

Immigration is the cause of that problem, not the solution.

Because THE KIND OF IMMIGRATION engineered by libs and corporate interests, who can't see farther than more votes and profits, has been a running disaster, don't close your eyes to the possibilities of beneficial immigration.

Why should anyone study engineering fields if they know the field has been rendered uncompetitive by massive foreign immigration?

You're oversimplifying and blurring what I've said.

..the post is about highly skilled/educated immigrants!

That's fine, but you asked me about my response to the statement about shutting off all immigration, of whom the vast majority of impoverished physical laborers.

I'll be more specific: where absolute economic necessity can be demonstrated, immigrants should be brought in in limited quantities for short durations, preferably from the developed world. I don't see that these criteria would admit much more than 50,000 a year, compared to the 1.5 million-plus we've been getting.

Do you know I think you could be right!! It may very well have something to do with the heavy monsoon seasons they have in those parts of South East Asia? All that rain beating down on their heads surely must mean that some brain cells get dislodged whilst they're out in the rice paddies swirling the water buffallo poo around!! Coupled with that, if they don't get enough rice then there is not enough stodge in their diets to glue the brain cells together!! Thus if their brain cells are coming unglued nad dropping out because of the rain constantly beating on those loosened brain cells then they're bound to be stupider! That's why the more intelligent amongst them will wear those wide brimmed hats to lesten the kinetic energy induced impact on their heads thereby protecting their brains from precipitent impact related braincell deterioration.....yes I see it now!

Conclusion: I think that the US immigration department should turn back all them gooks not wearing hats as them's the stupid ones

Hooray mindless mockery as a dodge for making a point.

Are you denying altogether that environmental influences (malnutrition, poverty) play any role in the observed IQ gap between the races?

OK - back up your claim of low southeast asian IQ from a reputable qualified source.

For someone who complains a lot about always being made to cough up links of which the requesting party inevitably disapproves, I'm disappointed in you.

There is a large body of literature in this field and I'm not prepared to sum it all up on an Internet forum; people spend months coming databases for that sort of thing. Start by reading the Bell Curve and IQ and the Wealth of Nations. They are controversial, but mostly due to the claims they make regarding causality, not to the validity of the research itself. Use them as references if you'd like to know more.

Because THE KIND OF IMMIGRATION engineered by libs and corporate interests, who can't see farther than more votes and profits

Sure, which is what I meant when I said immigration was the cause of that problem. I didn't think it needed qualification.

As for it blinding me to the benefits of immigration, I'm not blind; I just don't believe they outweigh the costs, broadly or in that specific case.

You're oversimplifying and blurring what I've said.

You're right; that's what I get for rushing off to work. (I didn't actually oversimplify, I just misread).

I'm still not convinced by what I know understand your argument to be. Western education is not the civilizing influence you seem to think it is, so whether or not they take it back with them is immaterial. Remember Daniel Perl? His murderer was a graduate of the London School of Economics.

You are right that America's future lies in advanced technology -- but more specifically, its future lies in advanced industrial technology, which immigration retards by absolving industrialists of the need to invest in labor-saving machinery.

Werbung:
Back