7 dead 20+ wounded on Ft. Hood Texas 2-3 gunmen....

I dont see how the army has a right to tell you who you should or should not have simpathy for. Its only natural that a person of Islamic faith would have at least some concern at the idea of fighting other muslims, and anyone could have issue with war.

You are right the guns are issued but if he has made no threats why would anyone take his gun away?

I think the man who rolled the granades into fellow troops sleeping quarters was also open about the fact he did not like the war and simpathized with the terrorists, though I am sure he called them by some other name than terrorists.

The Army doesn't have a right to tell a major that it is not acceptable to put on a website that a suicide bomber was much like a fellow soldier who jumped on a bomb to save his fellow servicemen?

I've never been in the Army myself, but I really picture them having more control over their officers than that. Sure, as an American citizen, he has a right to free speech. As an army officer, he has an obligation to at least not compare a soldier saving his comrades to a suicide bomber, doesn't he?

It seems to me he could have been relieved of his command for conduct unbecoming an officer, but as I said, I've never been in the Army. Maybe it isn't the way it appears to be from the outside looking in.

Werbung:
The Army doesn't have a right to tell a major that it is not acceptable to put on a website that a suicide bomber was much like a fellow soldier who jumped on a bomb to save his fellow servicemen?

I've never been in the Army myself, but I really picture them having more control over their officers than that. Sure, as an American citizen, he has a right to free speech. As an army officer, he has an obligation to at least not compare a soldier saving his comrades to a suicide bomber, doesn't he?

It seems to me he could have been relieved of his command for conduct unbecoming an officer, but as I said, I've never been in the Army. Maybe it isn't the way it appears to be from the outside looking in.

I guess we just have to wait and see how it plays out. I think even the army has to walk on egg shells so no one accuses them of discrimnation. Because he is muslim it makes things more delicate.

Remember the muslim guy who rolled the hand granade into his fellow soilders tents? They knew in advance he was unstable and at odds with his mission but they didnt do anything then either. And if they would have, they would have been called every hateful thing in the book, just like in this case. No one would believe this guy would do what he did until he actually did it. If they stepped in and stopped him it would just make the service the intolerant bad guy

you don't know the context is was used in as well..if you are talking about how both are willing to die for there comrads, and for there cause, and willing to commit suicide for it..then at that leval they are in fact the same thing.

You know it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day 12 people are dead and 30+ have been wounded. When the investigations begin and we find out the horrible truth about what happened it will be a real wake up call for this country because at this point we have to fear our own when it comes to the military....

You know it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day 12 people are dead and 30+ have been wounded. When the investigations begin and we find out the horrible truth about what happened it will be a real wake up call for this country because at this point we have to fear our own when it comes to the military....

It does lead us to wonder just how many more potential shooters there are among the ranks of army officers.

This is more or less accurate, service members are not entitled to the same rights civilians are. The freedom of speech is an example of this. They are government property. I understand they also are subjected to different justice rules that dont ensure the same 5th amendment protection the rest of us would have. I have never been in the military, but know quite a few who have been/still are. I have an uncle who is a retired AF Colonel and he has spoken in the past of these sort of different set of rights while on active duty.

Easier said than done.

My heart and thoughts go out to the victims and thier family and friends. I can only hope that the truth emerges soon about this. Its a damn shame that some desk pushing officer commits this sort of tragedy.

Does the soldier that lobbed grenades into other soldiers' tents in 2003 not count because the victims were only wounded?

Yes, YOU are correct we do not count WOUNDED as DEAD! Even under the BUSH bungling! SORRY , I blame obama for stiring the pot!

This is more or less accurate, service members are not entitled to the same rights civilians are. The freedom of speech is an example of this. They are government property. I understand they also are subjected to different justice rules that dont ensure the same 5th amendment protection the rest of us would have. I have never been in the military, but know quite a few who have been/still are. I have an uncle who is a retired AF Colonel and he has spoken in the past of these sort of different set of rights while on active duty.

Easier said than done.

"Could be relieved of his command for conduct unbecoming an officer"
WOW!,Does that apply to the COMMANDER -in-Chief TOO? If it does America's very serious problem would be solved! Let us check this out!

"Could be relieved of his command for conduct unbecoming an officer"
WOW!,Does that apply to the COMMANDER -in-Chief TOO? If it does America's very serious problem would be solved! Let us check this out!

Is there a 'mental limit' to the number/amount/frequency that you'll troll off of topic just to make a snide/smear/redundant childish remark about our current President...what exactly does it take to make you STFU:confused:

Werbung:
Easier said than done.
When I was in basic training in the army, we were told that if we were ever in a position to be interviewed by the media, as enlisted personnel, we could voice our opinions inasmuch as the opinions of enlisted personnel were not likely to be interpreted by the public as official army policy. They also told us that this did not apply to officers. Officers could be held responsible (subject to censure), if they volunteered their opinion. Therefore, in those days, only public relations officers, and other authorized spokesmen would venture any statements to the press.

Back