America! Are we one step closer to communism?

Werbung:
for the love of.......Great the Race card shows it's head...hooray!!!>:p Yeah lets bring back slavery that way people can stop complaining about illegals.

Truly, I love this talk of the Founders' intent, as if they were a unitary voice on things.

The Founders apparently agreed with tariffs to help American industry compete. The result sought being people would buy domestic goods because the government artificially inflated competing products from overseas. That is they felt the government should give the populace a "nudge" to create action that they saw as a benefit America's society.

Of course, to the Glenn Becks of this world, this nudge by the government is anathema to liberty. But that doesn't stop the Becks from pimping an idealized version of the Founders.

Talk about arguing with idiots.

Truly, I love this talk of the Founders' intent, as if they were a unitary voice on things.

The Founders apparently agreed with tariffs to help American industry compete. The result sought being people would buy domestic goods because the government artificially inflated competing products from overseas. That is they felt the government should give the populace a "nudge" to create action that they saw as a benefit America's society.

Of course, to the Glenn Becks of this world, this nudge by the government is anathema to liberty. But that doesn't stop the Becks from pimping an idealized version of the Founders.

The fact of the matter is the founding fathers never gave this country a chance in regards to what they had accomplished in Democracy. They knew that something like this was new and that it had never been done before. As for the slavery comments yeah we know about that part and in reference the race card. I brought it up when slavery was brought up. ;)

The fact of the matter is the founding fathers never gave this country a chance in regards to what they had accomplished in Democracy. They knew that something like this was new and that it had never been done before. As for the slavery comments yeah we know about that part and in reference the race card. I brought it up when slavery was brought up. ;)

Since you want to belabor your folly, here's a hint: look up proof by contradiction. Then reread what I wrote.

What exactly are you claiming as "had never been done before?"

A city-state constitution?
A senate?
Equality before the law?

I'm interested to hear.

Oh wow you got us. Well I guess we should adopt an isolationist policy like what was implemented just prior to the Great Depression.

Wait... maybe we should get passed the idea that it existed, and look at it's effects. How's that for a plan? It's rather simple to say that protectionist policies existed, and more difficult to take a loot at what those policies actually did.

That pretty much sums it up. Companies behind a trade barrier have no reason to advance, and thus they do not. As a result the entire country suffers.

It's ironic how often protectionists try and cite Japan for example, and yet fail to realize that Japan has been in a nearly decade long recession.

And as I mentioned before, similar protectionist policies were implemented just before the Great Depression.

As I was saying before, it's a rather simply minded response to suggest "the founding fathers had protectionism". We need to get passed the idea that "it existed" and look more at "did it work?". The answer is... no it did not.

I hate that too, but in your case, I'll make an exception.

Oh wow you got us. Well I guess we should adopt an isolationist policy like what was implemented just prior to the Great Depression.

Wait... maybe we should get passed the idea that it existed, and look at it's effects. How's that for a plan? It's rather simple to say that protectionist policies existed, and more difficult to take a loot at what those policies actually did.

That pretty much sums it up. Companies behind a trade barrier have no reason to advance, and thus they do not. As a result the entire country suffers.

It's ironic how often protectionists try and cite Japan for example, and yet fail to realize that Japan has been in a nearly decade long recession.

And as I mentioned before, similar protectionist policies were implemented just before the Great Depression.

As I was saying before, it's a rather simply minded response to suggest "the founding fathers had protectionism". We need to get passed the idea that "it existed" and look more at "did it work?". The answer is... no it did not.

I hate that too, but in your case, I'll make an exception.

Tell you what, before you call someone an idiot, don't take their words out of context and strawman them.

Your whole clever diatribe to embarrass me is a load of hot air and OFF POINT.

Let's see what the judges have to say:

US - 2.0
Denmark - 1.5
Mexico - 1.5
Greece - 2.5
Russia - 1.0
Canada - 1.5
Japan - 0.5

Ewwwww, even if you had stuck the landing it wouldn't have helped. Puts in perspective that falling on your face wasn't so bad.

I never tire of "capitalists" demanding our government erect trade barriers to help "protect" jobs in the US.

If people truly understood the cognitive dissonance involved, the psychic energy generated would melt down every brain the nation.

Those darn capitalist unions.

Those darn capitalist unions.

There's a difference between people working collectively to prevent corporate managers from using their power to dominate the labor market and working collectively to maintain their benefits no matter what the economics say.

The unions have caught onto this to a point.

Geez, does anybody in this thread work with Hillary Clinton?

Hillary always loved watching the New York Redskins slug some homers in the superbowl
against the Florida Bay Packers!

LOL,LOL In addition we have the Wahington Parrots Playing the Supremes in the Classic Contest "FOR THE "PROMPTER" Bowl!!! - Played outdoors due to B.O. mmm-mmm=mmm OBAMA!

Winner receives FREE tickets to the movie " ROAD to RIO" !! Staring BOR and his sidekick " PROMPTER"-- It never ends FOLKS!

Werbung:
Since you want to belabor your folly, here's a hint: look up proof by contradiction. Then reread what I wrote.

What exactly are you claiming as "had never been done before?"

A city-state constitution?
A senate?
Equality before the law?

I'm interested to hear.

The founding fathers had no plan after the Revolutionary war. They barely held on after they defeated the British and it took another 4-5 years before the constitution was even ratified and then another year before it was actually put into place. They got their victory, but still had differences to put aside before they could get down to business and set a new form of government that had never been attempted. That is what I meant Genius. If it wasn't for the Great Compromise we wouldn't be here discussing this or tearing each others throats out because of our idiotic political differences. But in the end we have failed as a nation because the core beliefs in which the constitution were founded upon have been pretty much distorted by Democrats and Republicans along with their Liberal and Conservative goon squads. I don't regret saying it and I never will but God Damn it I'm sick and tired of the politics and the American people being so Damn ignorant or oblivious to the whole thing. This Two party system has to go and it has to go now!!!!! We need a STRONG third party that will take on the status quo and tell them to shove it up their ass and take it somewhere else....

Back