American Muslims Fear Demonization of Islam

Reddie

It has become a trend. After jihadis kill people "moderate" Muslims will condemn the act, call it "un-Islamic" and by distancing themselves from the terrorists, hopefully ward off reprisals.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-california-shooting-muslims-idUSKBN0TM2OI20151204
“Unfortunately people don’t understand that we as Muslims, we basically want to promote what is good and just for the entire humanity.”

Is Islam being demonized or being exposed by the acts of devout Muslims for what it actually is? A religion that embraces intolerance? A religion that calls for the murder of innocent people because they aren't Muslims?

How exactly is Islam being "demonized?"

Werbung:
The problem for me is that people, the media especially are frightened of saying it like it is. These acts of terrorism are being carried out by Muslims, and no matter what the so called moderate Muslims say, that is how it should be broadcast.

Perhaps they improve their image by isolating their criminal element like the catholics did.
Oh wait....
A new trend perhaps.

The problem for me is that people, the media especially are frightened of saying it like it is. These acts of terrorism are being carried out by Muslims, and no matter what the so called moderate Muslims say, that is how it should be broadcast.

Surely you are not saying that all Muslims are responsible for the actions of the few, or are you?

Would this then apply to all religious people of different faiths who act in the name of their religion in a violent manner? Buddhists, Christians, Jews, etc.?

Just because a nutcase calls himself a "Christian," and shoots someone, doesn't mean he is actually under the banner of Christianity. These terrorists are part of a large institutionalized movement, all hell-bent on destroying the infidel, that is, non-muslims. Our problem is that we don't know if, or when, so-called moderates will become "radicalized." While we play PC games, and refuse to call it a duck, the quacking just keeps getting louder! It's time to put a moratorium on immigration, until the war is over.

Surely you are not saying that all Muslims are responsible for the actions of the few, or are you?

Would this then apply to all religious people of different faiths who act in the name of their religion in a violent manner? Buddhists, Christians, Jews, etc.?

What I'm saying is that the people who are carrying out these attacks are doing it in the name of Islam, and are Muslims. I'm not saying that ALL Muslims are terrorists, that's not the case at all but but up to now all terrorists have been Muslim.

How many terrorist attacks have been carried out by people claiming to be Christian or Jewish?

What I'm saying is that the people who are carrying out these attacks are doing it in the name of Islam, and are Muslims. I'm not saying that ALL Muslims are terrorists, that's not the case at all but but up to now all terrorists have been Muslim.

How many terrorist attacks have been carried out by people claiming to be Christian or Jewish?
I'd rephrase to ask how many non muslim murderers are claiming scriptural justification for their acts.
Even if a nut goes off on an abortion clinic all he can say is that's bad as the Bible does not authorised him to kill.

I'd rephrase to ask how many non muslim murderers are claiming scriptural justification for their acts.
Even if a nut goes off on an abortion clinic all he can say is that's bad as the Bible does not authorised him to kill.

Actually, the OT does authorize him to kill. It is in the NT that some of this is done away with even if Christ did say in Matt. 5: 18 "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Actually, the OT does authorize him to kill. It is in the NT that some of this is done away with even if Christ did say in Matt. 5: 18 "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
Then he would be jewish.

Then he would be jewish.

Are you saying Christ was a liar? Christ was not speaking only to Jews. The other option would be that homosexuality is no longer a sin since Christ does not address it. In fact, there are numerous "laws" in the OT that are applied by "Christians" when they feel the need.

Are you saying Christ was a liar? Christ was not speaking only to Jews. The other option would be that homosexuality is no longer a sin since Christ does not address it. In fact, there are numerous "laws" in the OT that are applied by "Christians" when they feel the need.
Are sins still sins ? Of course.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Try to distinguish these things.

Are sins still sins ? Of course.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Try to distinguish these things.

Perhaps it is up to you to qualify your posts, or post with some understanding of what you said.

Under your "logic" concerning the OT, is it only the Jew that can sin?

Perhaps it is up to you to qualify your posts, or post with some understanding of what you said.

Under your "logic" concerning the OT, is it only the Jew that can sin?

Only the jews have to rely on their merit to gain salvation. Christ offers Christians forgiveness of sins for those who repent. Because of that it is not OK to kill over the sinning of another. Forgiveness is theirs for the asking.

Only the jews have to rely on their merit to gain salvation. Christ offers Christians forgiveness of sins for those who repent. Because of that it is not OK to kill over the sinning of another. Forgiveness is theirs for the asking.

How does that apply to the Law of Moses? Do "Christians" have an obligation to follow the law, or not?

Werbung:
Back