An interesting insight on the Administration

dogtowner

Staff member
and the president in particular

I think the president overestimates his effect

Rep. Marion Berry's parting shot, published in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette [no link, subscription only] offers a warning to moderate Democrats and border state moderates — warning of a midterm bloodbath comparable to the 54-seat D-to-R swing in 1994.
But the jaw-dropper is Berry's claim that President Obama personally dismissed any comparison between Democrats now and under Bill Clinton 16 years ago — by saying his personal popularity would bail everybody out.
The retiring Berry, who doesn't say when the remarks were made, now scoffs at Obama's 50-or-below approval rating:
Writes ADG reporter Jane Fullerton:
Berry recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.

“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.” [snip]
“I began to preach last January that we had already seen this movie and we didn’t want to see it again because we know how it comes out,” said Arkansas’ 1st District congressman, who worked in the Clinton administration before being elected to the House in 1996... "I just began to have flashbacks to 1993 and ’94. No one that was here in ’94, or at the day after the election felt like. It certainly wasn’t a good feeling.”

Werbung:
and the president in particular

I think the president overestimates his effect

YES, Obama thinks very highly of himself! He is in fact VERY ARROGANT and SNOTTY! If you notice as he sits he tilt his head back and the point of his nose up, like he is smelling something rotten, like is entire agenda!!
OBAMA OFFENSIVELY EXAGGERATES HIS OWN INPORTANCE!!! VERY SHAMEFUL!!

YES, Obama thinks very highly of himself! He is in fact VERY ARROGANT and SNOTTY! If you notice as he sits he tilt his head back and the point of his nose up, like he is smelling something rotten, like is entire agenda!!
OBAMA OFFENSIVELY EXAGGERATES HIS OWN INPORTANCE!!! VERY SHAMEFUL!!

got that one from FDR

Yeh having a competent & caring President is a terrible thing.

Much better off with a lying, TORTURING, greatest economic down turn since The Great Depression making one that the whole entire world hated.

Those were some good times.:eek:

Here's some commentary on the current administration by a devout leftist, David Michael Green, a professor of Political Science at Hofstra University:

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/01/22-7

That guy is a Moonbat and yet he is a professor teaching young skulls full of mush. No wonder this country is in the shape it is in.

But, this just proves that BO is caught between a rock and hard place. He can't satisfy his radical Marxist base without losing 95% of Americans. I for one hopes he does his best to please his base.

That guy is a Moonbat and yet he is a professor teaching young skulls full of mush. No wonder this country is in the shape it is in.

But, this just proves that BO is caught between a rock and hard place. He can't satisfy his radical Marxist base without losing 95% of Americans. I for one hopes he does his best to please his base.

What is his base ? That's no simple question.

Actually he has little base and a lot of special interests and mainly a mushy middle that was sick of what they had and has not recalled why that tack was a bad idea.

What is his base ? That's no simple question.

Actually he has little base and a lot of special interests and mainly a mushy middle that was sick of what they had and has not recalled why that tack was a bad idea.

His real base is the radical left like that moonbat professor. The moonbat population probably is less than 5% of Americans, but they are very vocal and hold very visible positions in media, academia, entertainment, etc. They will not be happy if BO moves to the center. They are already pissed off about his escalation of the Afghan war and failure to socialize health care.

Now if he renews the Bush tax cuts, they will really go bonkers. :D

The moonbat population probably is less than 5% of Americans, but they are very vocal and hold very visible positions in media, academia, entertainment, etc.

Actually, I think the number of committed leftists (which may encompass more than just the moonbat fringe, depending on your personal definition) is around 25%. The number of die hard conservatives is somewhere around 30%, which means all those mushy people in between is what makes a politician successful. I happen to think BHO is a member of the 25%, so it is unlikely he'll actually think to move to the center. He thinks he is the center.

What is his base... ?

The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
Abraham Lincoln

That statement is President Obama!

President Obama is a truly good man. Much like in this portrayal of an American President.

Actually, he is an empty suit...look here...he needs a teleprompter to talk to grade schoolers. Unbelievable...if W did this the MSM would rip him a new one and rightfully so...

He is an embarrassment.

Werbung:
Back