Anything Interesting Going On?

AlicornsPrayer

If so, can I have the cliff-note versions of the excitement? I'm kinda feeling out of the loop right now...

My mother was released from the hospital into our care, so my days have been spent taking care of her, running the house, and trying to stay awake to give her her meds...Not much 'me' time right now. LOL!

Werbung:
If so, can I have the cliff-note versions of the excitement? I'm kinda feeling out of the loop right now...

My mother was released from the hospital into our care, so my days have been spent taking care of her, running the house, and trying to stay awake to give her her meds...Not much 'me' time right now. LOL!

Sounds rough...is she doing ok?

Readers Digest Version....umh....hmmm.....nothing:p

Sounds rough...is she doing ok?

Readers Digest Version....umh....hmmm.....nothing:p

She's having it rough. Back in October, they started her on a rhumatory medicine that has a peculiar side affect...It causes small holes in the bones, similar to a sponge, and then fractures start...

She ended up in the hospital in November, where they discovered that her pelvic bone, hip bones, and spine had tiny fractures from this bone degration. Yes, it starts fast...

Anyways, she was released a week before Christmas but insisted going to her home and wouldn't let us help her...Because of that, she ended up back in the hospital a few weeks ago. They discovered new fractures, as well as because of the previous fractures (and her not following doctor orders) in her spine are now causing the vertibra to fuse.

Well, they can't keep her in the hospital indeffinately but she needs 24/7 care. She wanted to go back to her home, where she'd just hurt herself more and so that wasn't an option for the doctors or us...So they gave her a choice of here or a nursing home. We 'bullied' her into staying with us, so she'd get the proper care...Nursing home wasn't an option, since they're overworked-understaffed and she'd gotten worse from polite neglect...

It's exhausting though for her and me. She's on alot of medications right now for blood pressure, pain, and bone repair...That have to be taken every few hours. Plus she can't move without assistance.

At least the nurses visit every couple of days. So it allows me a few hours of 'rest' while they work with her and give me a tiny break.

I'm not gripping though. Cause I know when it's been me needing help and care, she's been right there for me. It's the least I can do so she can get back on her feet and enjoy a better quality of life.

Sorry to hear that my friend - it makes you wonder about life when stuff like this happens doesn't it?

I hope she pulls through and comes out in better health.

Sorry to hear that my friend - it makes you wonder about life when stuff like this happens doesn't it?

I hope she pulls through and comes out in better health.

Thanks hon...Yep, strange indeed. Seems that sometimes the cure is worse then the ailment.

If we'd known that particular med caused that problem (they don't tell you in the 'warning'), she'd never have taken it to begin with. And since she was put on it, despite what it's doing, she can't come off of it now cause it'll cause further damage if she stopped taking it?

Werbung:
Back