Are you one of the 53% ?

Werbung:
I'll bet that if I asked one of the kids in Zoccotti Park if one ceases being a 1%er just because they retire the answer would be 'no'.

Further, if you ask one if its ok being a 1%er if one also feels badly for stealing their wealth they would not feel it to be so.

In short, you are what you are and you might as well be proud of it as you chose it for yourself.

You have such bad faith!

Actually, some of the OWS are part of the 1%. . .Buffett even could be standing with the 99%. . .because of his attitude. . .while someone like you, who could only dream of being in the 1% would be totally out of place among the rest of humanity. . .at least OWS humanity!

It's not about "money," (although everything you post seems to center on that "green God"), it's about social conscience and attitude.

It's not about "money," (although everything you post seems to center on that "green God"), it's about social conscience and attitude.

It still doesn't make it right. . . at least NOT when we are talking about cutting spending on the poorest among us, but we get our feather's ruffled when the "fair" share in hardship is expressed as wanting the top 1% to actually SHARE in putting this country back on track, instead of continuing to accumulate the wealth while cutting the life line of the bottom 50%! - Openmind

It still doesn't make it right. . . at least NOT when we are talking about cutting spending on the poorest among us, but we get our feather's ruffled when the "fair" share in hardship is expressed as wanting the top 1% to actually SHARE in putting this country back on track, instead of continuing to accumulate the wealth while cutting the life line of the bottom 50%! - Openmind

And your point is?

You still talk about "MONEY," I talk about "SURVIVAL" for which some money is necessary.

Is that too difficult for you to understand?

I do not care about the accumulation of money for the pleasure of hoarding, for greed and power.
I care about making everyone's life a little more manageable through assuring that in this wealthy country, a whole section of the population doesn't fall to to the level of a third world country, while a minute section of the population hoards money obtained, no ONLY through their own labor, but through the middle class and the poor's labor.

You have such bad faith!

Actually, some of the OWS are part of the 1%. . .Buffett even could be standing with the 99%. . .because of his attitude. . .while someone like you, who could only dream of being in the 1% would be totally out of place among the rest of humanity. . .at least OWS humanity!

Oh I'm well aware that a great many of the OWS are the privileged children of the 1%ers, I made a post to that very point. They too feel bad about their silver spoons and, as truculent children do, look to lash back at their parents. That's the enduring hypocrisy of the liberal elite. I saw it in the 60's and at every point up to the present.

Don't try to deny your life, you chose it.

No, dear. . .I stated that I USED to be a 1%, and not very high on the totem poll either. . .never reaching the $1 million per year income mark, and barely reaching the $1 million wealth ceiling.

I am not sure having $1,000,000 gets you even close to the 1%ers.

I don't know why you insist in spinning my words EVERYTIME, trying to make them fit your needs!

I also stated that, when I was part of the 1%, it was because of my husband's work, not mine, and that I (nor he) really felt that it was fair to get all those advantages while others were being taken advantage of.

This is a legitimate questions...if you (or your husband) felt it was so unfair to be paid as he was...why did he accept that salary?

You have such bad faith!

Buffett might say a few things...but when push comes to shove, simply take a look where his money is...Wall Street (and the big banks)

I talk about "SURVIVAL" for which some money is necessary.
It's not about "money," (although everything you post seems to center on that "green God"), it's about social conscience and attitude. - Openmind

self_ownage-12233.jpg

Buffett might say a few things...but when push comes to shove, simply take a look where his money is...Wall Street (and the big banks)

Yes, obviously! Where else can you put your money if you're in investing?
But you can be wealthy, and make a very good profit, and still have a social conscience and admit what is wrong with the system.

I never said and never believed that all wealthy person is evil or blind or stupid. And I believe there are quite a few in the top 1%, or even in the top 1/10 of 1% who do understand that taking an extra 3 or 5 % of their "income" is not going to change their life style, that their kids will still go to the best school, that their yacht will still be manned, and that they will still leave a huge amount of wealth behind when their life ends.

Why is that contradictory?

It's not about "money," (although everything you post seems to center on that "green God"), it's about social conscience and attitude. - Openmind

self_ownage-12233.jpg

Whatever you say, dear!

If it makes you happy, and it preserve my right to have and express my opinions, you certainly are welcome to make fun of my beliefs.

I am sure they my beliefs are so much more unworthy or detrimental to society than yours! You obviously have every right to feel superior! :rolleyes::)

This is a legitimate questions...if you (or your husband) felt it was so unfair to be paid as he was...why did he accept that salary?

Because it was offered to him. It is as simple as that.

And, we did the best we could to assure that we didn't change our attitude toward people who were less fortunate than we were, and that, whenever possible, we shared our good fortune.

It is as simple as that. We are not heroes, we are not hypocrites, it is all about attitude.

Whatever you say, dear!

If it makes you happy, and it preserve my right to have and express my opinions, you certainly are welcome to make fun of my beliefs.

I am sure they my beliefs are so much more unworthy or detrimental to society than yours! You obviously have every right to feel superior! :rolleyes::)

And I guess that is YOUR opinion!
Doesn't make it true. . .but you have a right to it! - Openmind

I believe there are quite a few in the top 1%, or even in the top 1/10 of 1% who do understand that taking an extra 3 or 5 % of their "income" is not going to change their life style...

You may be absolutely right about that, although it seems pretty close if this represent NET worth:

Net worth parking ramp

Net worth (percentile) Median net worth (rounded)
Level VI (90 to 100) $833,600
Level V (80 to 89.9) $263,100
Level IV (60 to 79.9) $141,500
Level III (40 to 59.9) $62,500
Level II (20 to 39.9) $37,200
Level I (less than 20) $7,900
Source: Family Net Worth, 2001 Federal Reserve Board Survey

And, we did the best we could to assure that we didn't change our attitude toward people who were less fortunate than we were, and that, whenever possible, we shared our good fortune. And if we had been told that it wasw necessary to raise the level of tax we paid to help the Country, we would not have protested.

In fact, I bet all the super wealthy see NOTHING wrong when their HOA or the country club raises their due. . . sometime by as much as 50% in one year. . . I know. . .it is happening in the golf community where I live.

It is as simple as that. My husband and I are not heroes, we are not hypocrites, it is all about attitude, and it is easy to note just by looking around us who among the wealthy has a people oriented attitude, or a money oriented attitude. . .and you might be surprise that it is not necessarely the WEALTHIEST among those people who are the most blind to people less fortunate than they are.

Werbung:

you stated that he worked hard for it so clearly it has nothing to do with happenstance that it was offered. he sought it (and good for him to have done so) and won it

And, we did the best we could to assure that we didn't change our attitude toward people who were less fortunate than we were, and that, whenever possible, we shared our good fortune.
again per your recounting, it had nothing to do with fortune. Mr Open sprang from humble means. No silver spooner as so many OWS kids are. Why would you change attitudes ? I don't see any point in this comment.

It is as simple as that. We are not heroes, we are not hypocrites, it is all about attitude.
cant speak to Mr Open but you demonstrate your hypocrisy routinely.

Back