British Cleric: Islam Is Not A Religion Of Peace

OldTrapper

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2010/March/UK-Muslim-Leader-Islam-Not-a-Religion-of-Peace/

CBN News traveled to London to talk with Anjem Choudary, a leading Muslim radical who says Islamic teachings are what shaped his pro-jihad message.

Although both George W. Bush and Barack Obama have declared that Islam is a religion of peace, Choudary begs to differ.

A Religion of Peace?

"You can't say that Islam is a religion of peace," Choudary told CBN News. "Because Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission. So the Muslim is one who submits. There is a place for violence in Islam. There is a place for jihad in Islam."

Choudary is the leader of Islam4UK, a group recently banned in Britain under the country's counter-terrorism laws. He wants Islamic Sharia law to rule the United Kingdom and is working to make that dream a reality.

While Islamic radicals in the United States usually prefer to speak in more moderate tones while in public, masking their true agenda, Choudary has no such inhibitions.

He has praised the 9/11 hijackers and has called for the execution of Pope Benedict. He also stirred controversy recently when video emerged of him converting a 10-year-old British boy to Islam.

Openly Praising Jihad

Choudary told CBN News his group is a "non-violent political and ideological movement" that resides in the UK under "a covenant of security."

Yet he openly praises violent jihad.

"The Koran is full of, you know, jihad is the most talked about duty in the Koran other than tawhid -- belief," he said. "Nothing else is mentioned more than the topic of fighting."

Several former members of Choudary's group have been arrested on terrorism charges.

"A very significant amount of former al-Muhajiroun people were involved in terrorist plots against this country," London-based terrorism expert Peter Neumann said. "A number of people have actually gone to Afghanistan, joined the Taliban and died fighting for the Taliban."

Choudary refuses to condemn acts of terror including 9/11 and the July 7, 2005 London bombings, which killed 52 people.

Islam More than Religion

CBN News asked Choudary for his thoughts on the 7/7 bombings on London's transport system, and whether he condemned them.

"For the people who carried it out, it was legitimate," he replied. "If you look at the will of the 7/7 bombers Mohammed Siddique Khan and Shehzad Tanweer, they would be justified. And there are many verses from the Koran and many statements to say that's the Islamic argument. And that is a difficult Islamic argument to refute. And there are many scholars who support that argument as well."

Choudary says his group is merely following core Islamic teachings and that Islam is much more than a religion.

"This particular belief is more than just a religion," he declared. "It is not just a spiritual belief. It is, in fact, an ideology which you believe in and you struggle for and you are willing even to die for, because you believe in that: That is your whole life."

Choudary seems to relish being called Great Britain's "most hated man" and pledges to continue his rallies calling for the overthrow of the British system.

Werbung:
Choudary makes me sick. But I agree with him. I have read the Quran, and the verses are pure evil. It makes me sad to see people trying to manipulate this into being all about interpretation. Take chapter 8 in the Quran, "An-Anfal". An evil chapter, and verse 60 in this chapter clearly states that Islam is about war:

"muster against them whatever you are able of force and tethers (ropes) of horses, so that you strike terror into the enemies of allah and your enemy, and others besides them whom you do not know but allah does. all that you spend in the way of allah shall be repaid to you. you shall not be wronged."

http://www.parsquran.com/data/show.php?sura=8&ayat=60&user=eng&lang=eng&tran=1

Choudary makes me sick. But I agree with him. I have read the Quran, and the verses are pure evil. It makes me sad to see people trying to manipulate this into being all about interpretation. Take chapter 8 in the Quran, "An-Anfal". An evil chapter, and verse 60 in this chapter clearly states that Islam is about war:

"muster against them whatever you are able of force and tethers (ropes) of horses, so that you strike terror into the enemies of allah and your enemy, and others besides them whom you do not know but allah does. all that you spend in the way of allah shall be repaid to you. you shall not be wronged."

http://www.parsquran.com/data/show.php?sura=8&ayat=60&user=eng&lang=eng&tran=1

But aren't the US, and Israel, the oppressors?

Somali comedian who poked fun at Islamists shot dead

"Gunmen shot dead a well-known comedian known for poking fun at Al-Qaeda linked Shebab insurgents in the Somali capital Mogadishu, officials and colleagues said Wednesday.
Marshale was known for airing dramas making fun of the extremist Shebab and for participating in youth advocacy programmes aimed at preventing young Somalis from joining the insurgents.

So far this year, at least one Somali journalist has been targeted and killed each month."
(This sounds an awful lot like what the drug cartels in Mexico are doing. Any connection?)

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/19169024/somali-comedian-who-poked-fun-at-islamists-shot-dead#ixzz22Jes74hh

Have you read the Quaran. Compare it the Bible. Both taught about a struggle and use war like terms but this does not necessary mean war.
Also how has thew American stop the opium trade..

Have you read the Quaran. Compare it the Bible. Both taught about a struggle and use war like terms but this does not necessary mean war.
Also how has thew American stop the opium trade..

all the violence is still called for in islam.
America is not an opium exporting nation so I fail to see your point.

Islam is the speak of Satan. Just like Satans worshiprers are. Satans worshiprers commit acts of murder samething the Muslims do.

Werbung:
Back