Bush now says he will veto excess spending :rolleyes:

More likely they either spoiled their ballots or stayed home altogether. (I'd have done that if my Congressman was bad on immigration and spending).

Werbung:
I voted democrat this year based on the situation in Iraq. I am what one would call a swing vote, supported Bush in 2000, Kerry in 2004. One can try and turn the tables and blame the democrats but it is Bush who did that for 6 years people. The democrats are far from perfect, and I wish I could cast a meaningful vote for an entirely independant candidate, but one must work within the flawed system we now work with in these heady days of uber partisan politics. That is what this whole thread was supposed to be about, the degredation of DC through our two party system. The democrats have not nearly been as bad as the GOP in thier pork, and my state is home to the king of pork in Senator Stevens, and I have seen the direct benefits of it here. But the notion that now, after 6 years of uncontrolled spending, legislation passing, back door deals and two wars that have far exceeded what the GOP sold us on, NOW is the time to bring out the veto pen? Come on, see this for what it is, a dirty administration that goes to the limit and beyond in its exercise of executive powers, its piss poor record in foreign policy and only now is he worried about spending. This is a joke, and if he starts to veto critical bills based on spending issues then this is a case of the pot calling the kettle blacker.

Werbung:
Truth be known, the so-called Republican fiscal prudence is nothing more than a myth. But like other misnomers - "Good for business" "Leaders in war" - it's just more good old jingoism that is entirely void of content.

Federal Pork Spending Plummets
Watchdog group publishes annual Pig Book of wasteful projects

March 12, 2007

...this year pork-barrel spending was dramatically reduced compared to recent years, as government watchdog group Citizens Against Government Waste announced last week with the release of its annual "Congressional Pig Book." Only two of 11 appropriations bills, for the departments of Defense and Homeland Security, were enacted by Congress last year, while the remaining nine were held because of a moratorium on earmarks.

CAGW this year found 2,658 projects it identified as pork at a cost of $13.2 billion, compared to $29 billion spent on 9,963 projects as outlined in last year's "Pig Book." The previous year it reported finding $27.3 billion spent on 13,997 projects.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/display_exclusive.html?id=3944

This is where it accelerated - the Contract on, oops 'er I meant, for <sic> America.

graph.an.gif

Back